Fabric…

I bought some new fabric. I’m trying to get out of my comfort zone with the fabric buying. I always tend to buy boyish retro prints. So here’s some girly additions, some I’m just restocking, and the Wee Play on the bottom is the binding for my quilt that someday I’ll finish. Its so nice to be by multiple quilt shops here. In Cleveland there is nada. IMG_8632 Last year I bought this chair at a garage sale for $2.00. IMG_8458 I finally got it painted and made into the perfect naughty chair for Grandpa and Grandma’s house. Not that they will ever put him on it. That’s my job. He’s been so unbelievably spoiled here I’m pretty positive he’s going to be a little hellion when we get home to Cleveland. Not looking forward to that. IMG_8634 I’m think I inhaled my fair share of black mold while sanding this chair down. Not that it can be any worse than me drinking 28 cans of Diet DP since I’ve been here. Actually its Diet Dr. Thunder….cheap Walmart style. What are you guys doing this weekend? Here in Poulsbo, WA we have Viking Fest. Its quite the shin-dig with a parade and all.

21 Responses to Fabric…

1. Melissa May 15, 2009 at 12:25 pm #

love the chair! what color is that-I’d like to repaint my childhood rocking chair either aqua or red. I have a question for you-I was checking out your etsy shop and saw a heather bailey table topper you quilted that didn’t have a binding-how did you do that? Is there a tutorial online? I’d like to make some placemats.

2. rachel griffith May 15, 2009 at 1:32 pm #

cute, cute, cute.
    all of it.

cleveland…i’m only 34 miles outside of cleveland.
    😀

3. Rannyjean May 15, 2009 at 1:33 pm #

Allison, thanks for mentioning Viking Fest, it has been years since we have been. Who knows, I might bump into you this week-end!
    I love the fabrics and I too am a huge Diet DP fan, but not 28 cans of it! You are adorable!

4. Mary on Lake Pulaski May 15, 2009 at 2:03 pm #

Such a lovely stack of fabric – you done good!

5. erica e May 15, 2009 at 2:08 pm #

cute chair and fabric. i usually buy retro boyish fabric too. i am not normally drawn to pink. my poor little girl. i like these though. i might need to do some shopping too!

6. I Love Baby Quilts! May 15, 2009 at 2:20 pm #

The chair looks great!

This week i’m making monster stuffed animals, check them out on my blog.

7. Mountain Home Quilts May 15, 2009 at 2:23 pm #

The chair looks really good. I actually liked it non painted but once you mentioned the mold I thought otherwise! :)
    I didn’t know you were in Poulsbo! My family lives in Sumner!

8. Cathy May 15, 2009 at 3:03 pm #

This weekend my hubby and I are going out to a concert in Seattle! Whoo Hoo! No Kids! It is a two hour drive for us, since we live in the sticks. So, I guess we won’t be making the trip across the Cascades for Viking Fest. Have yourself a great time and ease up on the fake diet DP!

9. Trisha May 15, 2009 at 3:09 pm #

Wow, what a transformation on that chair! Great color!

You will have nice weather for your Viking Fest. It looks like we will finally see some sun again today and tomorrow. Yay!!

How long are you staying in WA?

10. Amy - Park City Girl May 15, 2009 at 6:47 pm #

You’re in Poulsbo right now!!?? I grew up there, was even in the parade a couple of times! My parents are visiting from Poulsbo this week and on their way home tomorrow, then it will be back to sewing for me!!

Small world!

11. Chase May 15, 2009 at 7:04 pm #

Love your blog and I used to put my little girl to the corner, but now I have a “thinking chair”. ( Not as fancy as yours.)

12. Jessica May 15, 2009 at 8:03 pm #

Love the colors of the fabric! Very pretty!

Viking Fest…I remember going to those when I lived there! Have lots of fun! :) Unfortunately I’m working. BLAAAAA!

13. Buzz's Food Lady May 15, 2009 at 8:19 pm #

Love the fabric! What’s the name of the one 3rd from top (purple)? It’s so pretty!

14. Cindra May 16, 2009 at 12:51 am #

Diet Dr. Thunder? Sounds like powerful stuff! Love the chair and love the fabrics!!!!

15. Kelly May 16, 2009 at 2:51 am #

Your chair turned out wonderfully. I am constantly searching for old things to buy and paint to give new life to. There are some on my blog if you’re interested! I’d love to find a chair like this!

16. Jodie May 16, 2009 at 2:52 am #

I love the colour of that chair – it looks great.
    This weekend….sewing (once I stop reading blogs)

17. Christina May 16, 2009 at 4:21 pm #

There are so many nice shops up that way. Have you been to Parklad Parish in the Tacoma area?

18. Dana May 18, 2009 at 2:06 pm #

Came to check out your blog via U-Create, and saw you were heading back to Cleveland. (Hmmm…OH or TN?) I'm assuming OH. I'm from Ohio, too, but now live in CO, but saw you were coming home from Poulsbo & Viking Fest! My best friend lives there…it's one of my favorite places to visit. Anyways, just commenting to say your handprint is darling…wish I had seen it when my kiddos were younger! Love your blog!

19. Philigry May 18, 2009 at 6:55 pm #

love the chair! it looks great.

20. Wendy May 27, 2009 at 3:26 pm #

Isn’t it great to get out of your comfort zone? I did that recently too! Now I think most of my stash is boring! LOL

Love your fabric choices and the chair color is perfect!

21. Annie Carie May 27, 2009 at 8:59 pm #

love the cahir ! Cute color choice.