Round and pink…

As in a pink fuzzy Sprocket Pillow.
This one is trimmed with pink chenille, up-cycled from my Mom’s old robe.  I love the vintage look it gives it.   This one is staying at my Mom’s house…it’s way too pink for mine.

I love the feel of chenille that is older and well used…it’s softer and better quality than anything I’ve ever found on a bolt.    So next time your at your thrift store and you see a nice chenille robe you might just want to pick it up.  Just make sure its pink (like a sweet old lady who never wore it) or white (bleachable).
Cause you never know who’s naked-ness was in that robe.  :)

29 Responses to Round and pink…

1. Stacey September 6, 2011 at 11:29 am #

Beautiful….great idea…my 11 year old daughter was wandering around in herr 5 yr old chenille robe it only just covers everything….so it might be time for repurposing!!! Besides unknown naked bodies would be an issue for me 😉

2. Hi, I'm Suz!! September 6, 2011 at 11:46 am #

EEWwwww………… 'nakedness'!!! LOL

Love the pillow!! Thanks for sharing!!!

Hugs ~~ Suz
    inspiringcreativeness.blogspot

3. Lucy September 6, 2011 at 12:11 pm #

So cute! My nan just showed me very similar cushions, same pattern but crocheted – one that she had made and one that my great-nan had made. Very special. I love the retro feel :)

4. Gayle September 6, 2011 at 12:12 pm #

What a great idea. I just love sprocket pillows.
    Pretty in Pink !!!!

5. kristastitched September 6, 2011 at 12:13 pm #

nakedness. nice. cute pillow!

6. Mary September 6, 2011 at 12:22 pm #

I love that pillow, your mom is very lucky to (get her robe back) have that pillow :) Love all the colors you put together and will definitely be on the lookout for some poor naked lady's cast off robe :O

7. Megan September 6, 2011 at 12:27 pm #

I love sprocket pillows. Making one is on my to-do list. Your's is very pretty in pink. Love the chenille bathrobe recycle.

8. randi September 6, 2011 at 1:02 pm #

so cute! i love it's sweet pinkness!

9. evelyn September 6, 2011 at 2:28 pm #

Cute pillow. I love to repurpose. Maybe I could use some of my nice fleece tops ( that no longer fit :( ) Great idea.

10. Heleen Groot September 6, 2011 at 2:39 pm #

This one looks great! I might have to make another one…. I've made the pillow five times already with scraps (and with huge praise from the receivers). Very useful! Thanks!

11. Jennifer M September 6, 2011 at 3:58 pm #

I think it is way too pink for your mom. Tell her she can send it right on over to me for Audrey's bedroom. She really super majorly needs it on her new white comforter. :)

12. bethanndodd September 6, 2011 at 4:03 pm #

You made me giggle :) The pillow is very pretty, no doubt your mother will enjoy it. Smiles~Beth

13. MamaLiza September 6, 2011 at 4:15 pm #

Your final comment made me laugh out loud. 😀 love the pillow!

14. The Cozy Pumpkin September 6, 2011 at 5:06 pm #

HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!
    -Amanda-

15. a little bit biased September 6, 2011 at 5:06 pm #

Oh my gosh. When I first read that I thought you said, naked-a _ _. I was a little bit taken aback and had to read it again! Ha! Glad you said naked-ness.

Have a good day!
    Amber

16. Angela {fussycut} September 6, 2011 at 5:53 pm #

Lol big time at Amber's comment! And how haven't I made this pillow yet? I think it is so cute. Definitely going on the list as Christmas gifts for the cousins. :)

17. Michelle September 6, 2011 at 6:36 pm #

lol! Sew cute, I am going to have to try your tutorail for that. Thanks for sharing.

18. Theophanie September 6, 2011 at 8:01 pm #

You are so funny! Lol. I bet your Mom loves her beautiful new pillow!

19. Purple Quilter Queen September 6, 2011 at 8:37 pm #

Love the pink Allison! Now I wished I had kept my old mint green one! Oh great – something else to be on the lookout for at the thrift stores besides vintage sheets! Jenn

20. Randi~Dukes and Duchesses September 6, 2011 at 9:12 pm #

I absolutely love that … the fabrics together are beautiful.

21. Rhadonda September 6, 2011 at 10:00 pm #

Pure genius to reuse like that. Nice!

22. Sherri September 6, 2011 at 10:04 pm #

I have to make one of your Sprocket pillows one of these days! I just made a quilt the other day from your Sugar Dish pattern…adapted it to a crib-sized quilt and loved it…so much fun to make…and so fast going together!

23. jmday September 6, 2011 at 11:09 pm #

Hahahaha! Nakedness? Or nekkidness? Cuz you know the diff, right? Naked is nude, but nekkid is nude and fixin' ta do somethin' dirty.

24. ZULNOE September 7, 2011 at 11:45 am #

Que bonito almohadón, todo lo que haces está espectacular!!!!

25. two hippos September 7, 2011 at 4:49 pm #

I absolutely love this cushion!

26. Jeannette September 8, 2011 at 10:09 am #

so sweet!!

27. Julie September 9, 2011 at 1:06 pm #

very cute! it is funny, because just day before yesterday i made my mom two sprocket pillows from your pattern. she saw one i made when you first posted it and couldn't stop talking about how cute those would be on her couch… so, of course, i made her some. just need to be stuffed and mailed.

28. Sachiko September 12, 2011 at 4:14 pm #

This is so cute! It is too pink for my house too, but not for Rachel's room. I want to make this one soon! :)

29. Sharon September 13, 2011 at 1:56 am #

That is so cute! That pink material from your mom's robe looks very familiar to me. LOL! I have an old pink robe that my daughter has been wanting me to get rid of. She even bought me a plush, white robe last Christmas. Shhh…don't tell her that I still wear the pink one mostly.
    😉