Sewing Summit Weekend

I had a great time at the Sewing Summit this past weekend.  It was so fun to meet other people who love this stuff like I do.  I was so bad though….I took NO pictures.  Not one..zip..zero.  None.  My excuse is that my camera decided it’s had enough of me and doesn’t focus anymore…and so I need to buy a new one.  I don’t have the heart to tell my husband how much $$$$  it is though…ouch they are expensive.
Anyways…so these pictures are Emily’s (thank you Emily).

I taught the class on free motion quilting…it was really fun.   For some it was their first time trying to quilt…for others they were already good at it…so my only hope was that everybody left having tried something new and being more comfortable with it.
I got good at quilting backwards standing up…this could come in handy someday.
Anyways…sorry for the lack of photos…hopefully everyone else took lots!  I had such a wonderful time meeting all of you that went…thank you for being so sweet and making it such a great weekend.  And thank you to Vanessa for letting me be your shadow all weekend and letting me drag you to Walmart.  :)

25 Responses to Sewing Summit Weekend

1. Pamela October 11, 2011 at 4:59 am #

Alison, it was so nice to meet you and take your class on free motion quilting. I learned so much and am inspired to quilt more. I was also happy I guessed your due date and won some pretty great batting. Woot! Woot!

2. emedoodle October 11, 2011 at 5:21 am #

I loved your class and it was so nice to meet you! Wow what a whirlwind of a weekend!

3. sonia October 11, 2011 at 9:09 am #

Oh! They are soooo lucky! I wish I could attend a quilting class from you. Will you ever come to Spain? :) We don't have Walmart but we do have eager pupils!!

4. notes of sincerity October 11, 2011 at 11:03 am #

Hi Allison. It was so nice to meet you this weekend! :o) hugs. Trish

5. Anita October 11, 2011 at 12:06 pm #

That's sew awesome! I'm glad that it was a wonderful time. I think I would've liked to join you….but maybe another time. =)

6. Betty Lou October 11, 2011 at 1:19 pm #

Glad everyone had a good time, sounds like fun time to connnect and learn.

7. Kristie October 11, 2011 at 1:29 pm #

It was nice to meet you, Allison!

8. Maxwells October 11, 2011 at 2:17 pm #

Ok I totally LOVE your dress! Glad you had a good time :)

9. Natalie October 11, 2011 at 2:35 pm #

Allison, your class was great! Like you, I love the actual quilting part of making a quilt, and I loved trying some new FMQ patterns! It was great to meet you, thanks for an inspiring class!

10. Angela {fussycut} October 11, 2011 at 2:59 pm #

It was definitely like you said- feels like I have known you forever! Glad you had a fun weekend, your class was a blast. :)

11. Ann-Marie October 11, 2011 at 3:29 pm #

your class was great and really motivated me to try more free-motion quilting! thanks!

12. Candice October 11, 2011 at 4:01 pm #

Your class was amazing, just as is everything you do!! I sooooo enjoyed meeting you and learning from you! It was truly a pleasure! :)

13. Jean October 11, 2011 at 5:04 pm #

no pictures mean that you were TOTALLY in the moment and having fun… I'll go with that.

Glad you got to go!
    :-)

14. Dara October 11, 2011 at 5:11 pm #

That dress is adorable!

15. Lee October 11, 2011 at 5:41 pm #

I didn't get a chance to meet you, but I really enjoyed your class, Allison! And I LOVED seeing some of your gorgeous quilts in person. Thanks for helping me expand my FMQ skills! : )

16. Cheryl Arkison October 11, 2011 at 6:57 pm #

Quilting backwards standing up? Damn girl, you are talented!

17. Melanie@Crafty Cupboard October 11, 2011 at 6:58 pm #

I wished I was there, since I've been sitting here looking at my basted Kaleidoscope quilt wondering how the heck to quilt it all weekend. A free-motion class is what I need right now!

18. jmday October 11, 2011 at 9:41 pm #

Your class was one of my favorites. And no worries, I took NO pictures either. :(

19. V and Co. October 12, 2011 at 3:27 am #

ha! here i thought i was shadowing you. good times. :) i took three photos with my iphone. your picture was one of them. but it's upside down on my blog…don't know why.

20. Archie the wonder dog October 12, 2011 at 10:53 am #

FMQ backwards and standing up?!! That's a talent!

21. miamihoney October 12, 2011 at 7:31 pm #

Aww, don't you look adorable teaching! glad you had a great time, I am sure everyone was quite pleased!

22. Rachel Hauser October 12, 2011 at 10:47 pm #

It was a great class, Allison. I feel that much more friendly with FMQ now, and am planning to spend some time with the half-used sandwich I brought home! Totally a pleasure meeting you.

23. Kate @SwimBikeQuilt October 14, 2011 at 12:31 am #

I'm most impressed by the free motion quilting backwards standing up part! My sister in law took your class, went home, and FMQ her first quilt. Pretty awesome, I say!!! Nice to see you again.

24. Emerald Hills October 16, 2011 at 12:23 am #

wow this is cool.

25. Tsoniki October 18, 2011 at 2:52 am #

I love reading about the Sewing Summit! I am excited to cultivate my online relationships with other quilters and seamstress' over the next year to prepare!