My garbage can is full of lovely bits from a night of sewing…
My work in progress quilts are hanging in the closet waiting for my next burst of energy…
and my husband and I are arguing over who’s turn it is to give this monkey a haircut:
It’s my turn…but don’t remind him.  Have a great weekend!

29 Responses to Friday

1. Ashley January 20, 2012 at 11:11 pm #

I love the quilt your little monkey is laying on. I have to cut my little monkey's hair soon too. Any tips on how to keep a wiggly 2 year old still long enough to get an even cut? lol

2. Carla January 20, 2012 at 11:45 pm #

I think your little monkey looks cute with his hair the way it is. Love the quilt.

3. Paige January 21, 2012 at 12:21 am #

Awww, don't cut off too many of those sweet curls!

4. Elisabeth January 21, 2012 at 12:43 am #

I hope you have a lovely weekend too! It took me a day of being ill at home to finally finish my Halloween Quilt!! :) Best of luck with all your lovely WIPs

5. Carol January 21, 2012 at 12:55 am #

What a happy, cheeky face. Love the quilt he is lying on.
    Have a lovely weekend.
    Carol xx

6. Betty Lou January 21, 2012 at 1:20 am #

But his curls are so cute don't cut them. What a doll.

7. Katy Cameron January 21, 2012 at 1:41 am #

Oooh, love the hanging selection to work from. Good luck with the haircut!

8. bethanndodd January 21, 2012 at 2:50 am #

LOVE the quilt. I bet it feels great to be able to find the perfect place for all those colorful scraps. Your monkey is pretty darn cute on that equally cute quilt. Hope he cooporated! Smiles~Beth

9. Melissa January 21, 2012 at 3:29 am #

For all the bits in the trash can, have you considered sewing them up in an old pillow-case and donating it to the dog pound or humane society near you? I've filled a small bag, and am almost ready to stitch up a whole pillow case. The doggies and kitties would love it!

10. Quiltingranny January 21, 2012 at 4:03 am #

Melissa that is an awesome idea, would you like to Email me and I will send you my scraps? I usually give them to other crafters and I don't have time to make animal beds, but I love the idea!

11. Amy January 21, 2012 at 4:27 am #

Those curls are adorable. My son had curly hair as a toddler and after we cut his hair for the first time, they were gone. Now that he is older, he let his hair grow back a little and the curls re-appeared. So funny.

12. CitricSugar January 21, 2012 at 4:40 am #

Beautiful works in progress, and what a grin!!!

13. Lurline January 21, 2012 at 5:39 am #

Wow! Just look at all those quilts! That little guy is just picture perfect!
    Hugs – Lurline♥

14. Annilu + Pele January 21, 2012 at 8:32 am #

I LOVE this quilt and please – leave the hair like it is, it looks so sweet!

15. Bruna January 21, 2012 at 9:21 am #

Nice works in progress! And your son is adorable with this curly hair 😉

16. Cecelia January 21, 2012 at 9:37 am #

Pretty quilt & what a cute, cute lil' boy!!!

17. Lucy @ Charm About You January 21, 2012 at 2:46 pm #

Oh he's adorable! Gorgeous quilt too! I love that you're so organised with your projects – I couldn't fit another thing in my wardrobe 😉

18. Martha Bean January 21, 2012 at 5:05 pm #

I thought I was all alone in my strangeness, but I also enjoy the look of my garbage can after a session of block trimming!

19. SarDee January 21, 2012 at 6:58 pm #

My son has curls like that and we usually bribe him with a promise of chocolate after his buzz… he like it, though, because it "tickles" but holding still is so hard at that age, thus the chocolate.

20. Katie. January 21, 2012 at 9:18 pm #

Howdy! Love all the yummies! And what an adorable kid too!

Along with Melissa's comment, if you don't want to make a bed yourself or if you don't have the time, my quilt shop in Colorado collects all the scrappies you cut off of fabric. This is even threads and batting. We have a group of gals that make doggie beds for humane societies in need! Let us know if you are ever interested in sending (or bringing) us your un-usable scrappies!

Email me at if you are interested!

Keep up the good work :)

21. Jenn at The Little Shop of Stitches January 21, 2012 at 11:34 pm #

Awwww! Such a cutie! I love the WIPs on hangers. If my closet had any room in it, I'd borrow your idea!

22. Teresa January 22, 2012 at 12:31 am #

Your son is absolutely adorable. You can see his eyes mean monkey business! Your quilts are very sweet.

23. Sarah January 22, 2012 at 8:58 am #

I could not help but sniggle and grin when I saw your little one!

24. Lotti January 22, 2012 at 1:05 pm #

Gorgeous quilts and gorgeous curls on such a cutie, I took my monkey for a haircut last week ready for his 3rd birthday, he is far too much of a monkey to let me cut it but is fine when someone else does. Good luck

25. Patty January 23, 2012 at 12:36 am #

Your little guy is so sweet! Looks like you have really been busy sewing!

26. Patty January 23, 2012 at 12:36 am #

Your little guy is so sweet! Looks like you have really been busy sewing!

27. Kelsey January 25, 2012 at 8:35 pm #

OOh, i Love the idea of taking turns cutting the kids hair. I always do it, but my husband is quite capable. It's his turn next!!!

28. able mabel February 5, 2012 at 6:07 pm #

Wow! I love your work in progress quilts!! Such a happy picture!

29. Lisa Langford February 7, 2012 at 7:21 pm #

I love the idea to hang your unfinished quilts. love little tips like that.