"Helpful"

Yesterday I let my boys help me cut my small scraps into circles using the Accuquilt cutter.  I’m not sure “help” is the right word…..I took a 2 second bathroom break and came back to scraps everywhere.
Scraps in every room on every surface…even in the kitchen sink.  Literally.  I would have taken a picture to prove it but there were dishes in that sink too….LOTS of dishes.
Boys are crazy…and loud…and I love them to death…but they’re loud…especially in pairs.
Earlier in the day I got everybody ready for church only to find out our church had been rescheduled for earlier that morning…so we missed it.  Getting 3 kids ready + myself semi-ready for church is hard work.
So I got everybody un-ready and we headed to a park for a picnic.  Gotta love Sundays.

16 Responses to "Helpful"

1. Johanna May 7, 2012 at 11:58 am #

I really think kids plan out exactly what they want to do during our bathroom breaks. There is no way that they can come up with ideas AND have time to do them. Your kids are too cute!

2. Betty Lou May 7, 2012 at 12:52 pm #

Love your post, we had three boys and I was always going to write a book "Three to get Ready." Then several years later, we had a little girl, had to change the title to "Four to Go." I know it sounds crazy but I would love to have those days back. Enjoy your family. Hugs

3. Melinda May 7, 2012 at 1:01 pm #

My son (4) is a big fan of cutting my thread and wrapping it around Lego guys to make mummies when I'm in the bathroom.

4. randi--i have to say May 7, 2012 at 1:35 pm #

Little boys are a handful, for sure! But oh so fun! :)

5. Carla May 7, 2012 at 2:01 pm #

Your children are adorable. Glad you got your girly. She's precious. I had 5 boys—-then a girl : )
    Have a great week.

6. notes of sincerity May 7, 2012 at 2:28 pm #

Too cute! :o) Don't you just love boys? Unpredictable. :o) And just look at your sweet little miss! How big she is getting. So pretty!!
    Will you be making yo-yos from your circles?

7. Cynthia May 7, 2012 at 3:36 pm #

Enjoy every moment with your loud, louder, cute, cute boys!!

8. Becky May 7, 2012 at 3:52 pm #

Haha! They're all so adorable! My "louder" is not not only louder than ME, but taller too :-O. We still call our 2 boys "Thing 1 and Thing 2". When my boys were very young, I just loved the surprised reactions of my 2 noise makers from moms who only had girls ;-). Enjoy your little baby girl!!

9. Kellie May 7, 2012 at 9:42 pm #

Got my new patterns today…. LOVE the new professional look of them! Good work!

10. Leigh Anne May 7, 2012 at 11:56 pm #

That is exactly what I would expect to see if I let my two girls free in my sewing area :)

11. Patti May 8, 2012 at 10:06 am #

Your children are gorgeous. They grow up far too quickly. I'm a Grandma of 4 now. Too fast. Everything went too fast. Enjoy them and their mischief.

12. Angela May 8, 2012 at 11:30 am #

I'm so pleased to hear your boys are LOUD and LOUDER – I thought that was just my boys! And let's not talk about my LOUDEST number 3 girly, I hope yours is QUIET/ER. Love these pictures.

13. girlsfour May 8, 2012 at 11:57 am #

Gotta love 'em!

Cute little boys and adorable baby girl!!!

14. Pile O' Fabric May 9, 2012 at 7:00 pm #

Your daughter is sooo beautiful!!

15. Cheryl Arkison May 9, 2012 at 8:33 pm #

Two girls together are LOUD too. At least they are in this house. Then again, they are my kids.

16. Meg May 18, 2012 at 1:49 pm #

Is there a pattern for that quilt your boys are laying on in your shop? I love the pieced circles appliqued on top!

Meg