Progress

My oldest is a huge fan of his bow and arrow….so this pattern suited him well.
Not gonna lie this one takes awhile to make up in a twin size…but its really satisfying once its done!  I finished this top right before we moved…I’ll post it when I get my camera unpacked in the next year or so.
IMG_4402-001_thumb[8]
My view this week has been boxes and tubs…tubs and boxes. I bought this sewing table at a thrift store and even though its pretty sad right now it will be oh-so-lovely refinished.
Just look at those pretty legs!  Can one be jealous of a table?  :)

30 Responses to Progress

1. Linda at Roscoe's Ma July 28, 2012 at 11:06 am #

You have the BEST luck at thrift stores! Can't wait to see what you do with this.

2. Ann Marie @ 16 Muddy Feet July 28, 2012 at 11:19 am #

Wow, half of blog land is moving right now. There is so much fabric packed and moving from one place to another, it will be fun to see if any of us land next to each other after this crazy moving frenzy is over. I too will more than likely be moving before year end, 2600 miles across country. Good Luck, and nice table!

3. laura July 28, 2012 at 12:10 pm #

I have a bow & arrow lover too. Never thought of using that pattern for him. Great idea! Good luck with the move :)

4. Dora, the Quilter July 28, 2012 at 1:49 pm #

Wonderful sewing table–and with great legs. (Wish I found such lovely things at affordable prices at our thrift stores!)
    Yes,moving is one of life's great challenges (at least it is for me)!

5. randi--i have to say July 28, 2012 at 2:03 pm #

Your quilt looks so pretty!

And that table is going to be great when you get it finished up. Looking forward to seeing it!

6. Aunt Spicy July 28, 2012 at 2:15 pm #

yes. yes, you can be jealous 😉 that is a great table!

7. Carla July 28, 2012 at 2:45 pm #

Sure we can. And we are probably jealous of a lot more of your things : )

8. Leslie July 28, 2012 at 2:47 pm #

that is a gorgeous table!!! the quilt is beautiful. i love those colors

9. Logan July 28, 2012 at 3:18 pm #

Love the quilt! Great table:)

10. Michelle July 28, 2012 at 3:31 pm #

I love your table! I found one similar to that not long ago. Are you sure you want to refinish it? Mine was in pretty bad shape too, but I got out my favorite 'fix it', and mine looks great. It only took a few minutes!

11. kim July 28, 2012 at 4:12 pm #

That's a pretty little sewing table- I can imagine it painted white so you can see all those curves :)
    You're going to love it in Seattle!! I live on Vancouver Island and it's beautiful here. I hope you find time to come over for a little holiday. If you take the Anacortes ferry to Sidney, you'll be able to see my little town.
    We're heading to Victoria today to see the International Buskers Festival, FUN!!!
    I hope your move is a smooth one :)

12. Jenniffier Kramer July 28, 2012 at 5:58 pm #

Very lovely!

13. Anna and Sarah July 28, 2012 at 7:40 pm #

Come visit our blog for a tutorial
    on how to redo a sewing table!

Can't wait to see yours when it is finished!!!!

We love your quilts and your blog!

14. fionaquilts July 28, 2012 at 7:45 pm #

I can't wait to see that quilt – it looks really cute!

15. Lori July 29, 2012 at 2:11 am #

I love the fabric choices for that quilt! It's going to be lovely!

16. Suz July 29, 2012 at 3:00 am #

I don't know – it'd be pretty hard to find shoes to fit if you had legs like that!

17. Judith Blinkenberg July 29, 2012 at 4:19 am #

That table is super nice! I guess I need to check out a few thrift stores! I like your quilt. It's going to be cool.

18. Paula July 29, 2012 at 2:34 pm #

I do love your table and I can't wait to see your sewing room.

I will have to try my hand at that pattern, my son just bought, at 28, his first bow and is in heaven!

19. ultraorganized July 29, 2012 at 5:49 pm #

I'm finishing up this pattern right now with the backing — you are right oh so tedious but oh so attractive when done — hope to post a picture !)

20. Melanie@Crafty Cupboard July 29, 2012 at 11:38 pm #

I'm working on basting that pattern right now too! Might as well do something fun while moving, right? Love the sewing table!

21. seaschell July 30, 2012 at 4:17 pm #

We moved too! Yesterday, which was crazy… we only moved five miles away but I'm exhausted and I still have to go back to the old house to get some stuff that was left behind and to clean. Hopefully my one year old will be content crawling around an empty living room!

22. Cindy July 30, 2012 at 10:55 pm #

Good luck in Seattle. My husband and I are from there and we haven't lived in the Seattle area since 98. You'll love it.

23. Live a Colorful Life July 31, 2012 at 2:50 am #

What a great table! Are you painting it? What color?

24. Jenny July 31, 2012 at 5:26 am #

Can't wait to see your arrow quilt done. I'm working on one myself, but a different arrow pattern. I hope to have it on my blog in the next month as I want to get it done before this baby comes in Oct. :)

25. Debbie July 31, 2012 at 5:36 pm #

will you put your machine In the sewing table or On it? enquiring minds want to know :)

26. Andrea July 31, 2012 at 11:48 pm #

Ha! I'm jealous of her legs. So great =) Can't wait to see it!

27. ljeanne August 2, 2012 at 1:55 am #

I think that was my old cabinet. Hope you enjoy it.

28. ljeanne August 2, 2012 at 1:55 am #

I think that was my old cabinet. Hope you enjoy it.

29. paterd August 5, 2012 at 10:31 pm #

I like that table, can't wait to see it done. I have an old sewing desk with the insert dealie for the sewing machine. But of course, my machine doesn't fit so I have to sit it on top, which makes it a bit high for sewing. Wish I had a solution for that!

30. FlyAwayHome August 17, 2012 at 9:41 pm #

I have that EXACT sewing table. My parents bought me my first singer sewing machine about 40 years ago and this is the cabinet it came in. I still own it and even though I don't use the machine anymore it still works perfectly.