Ring Toss

This quilt matches my house perfectly…but I seem to always do this color scheme, I must love it!  This quilt is jelly roll friendly, but I chose to cut strips from my fabric stash and make it scrappy instead of using a single fabric line.  I love a quilt with a little of everything.

Kathy literally did this quilting in one day.  I had absolutely no time to get this quilted (imagine that) so she squeezed it in and did an amazing job as always.

The pattern leaves just enough scraps to make the binding.  I love a scrappy binding…not so much making it but once it’s done I’m happy I did it!

Tomorrow is the last day of Quilt Market…it’s been fun to visit Houston for the first time, but I’m sure ready to get home and see my babies.   And I’m not gonna lie…I am sick of sitting in this booth!  :)

26 Responses to Ring Toss

1. Ellen in Oregon October 29, 2012 at 4:52 am #

Just wanted to tell you how much I love Ring Toss. Hard to believe it was quilted in one day. I wish I could wave a magic wand and send you home immediately. Maybe if you click your heels 3 times and say "There's no place …" You get my drift. The booth would not work for a hyperkinetic person like me. Hope you escape soon and get home to all those cuties.

2. Helen L October 29, 2012 at 5:14 am #

really a great quilt!! Congrats on making it through market!! Hope it was successful for you!!

3. Anna October 29, 2012 at 5:37 am #

Yet another beautiful quilt. Sitting in a booth all day does not sound like my idea of fun either. Hope you make it through.

4. LuLu October 29, 2012 at 5:49 am #

It's so cute! Never stop making quilts in this color palette. They are all fabulous :-)

5. Kate October 29, 2012 at 6:08 am #

Love it!

6. Dawn October 29, 2012 at 6:24 am #

Great quilt!

7. Teje Karjalainen October 29, 2012 at 9:07 am #

Beautiful! I want to make rings! Great colours! x Teje

8. Jamie Lee October 29, 2012 at 11:41 am #

Kathy did an amazing job quilting it! I love the color scheme and scrappiness too.

9. Alicia October 29, 2012 at 12:05 pm #

All your quilts looked great! Looking forward to receiving the patterns and I'm glad your hubby let me take y'all's picture!!

10. Melia Mae Quilting October 29, 2012 at 12:34 pm #

Your quilt looks amazing and I just love the colors you chose as well. I seem to gravitate towards those types of colors as well. It looks like your having fun at quilt market. I can't wait to finally go someday!

11. Patti October 29, 2012 at 12:45 pm #

You and me both. Because this is my favorite Color pallet too gorgeous quilt and booth too.

12. Sandy D October 29, 2012 at 1:58 pm #

Love your pattern Ring Toss,This is a must have pattern.

13. trish October 29, 2012 at 2:26 pm #

Your new patterns are fantastic!! Thank you for the discount available in your shop! I bought two hard capies today and will be back for more soon. :o)
    Your booth is so happy and fun!!
    Kathy did a fabulous job quilting!! She is my favorite! :o)

14. Jayme October 29, 2012 at 2:26 pm #

I'm so amazed by you. Really, you're incredible. A talented quilter, organized homemaker, and amazing mommy!! I miss you as my neighbor! So proud of you and love all your new patterns, of course!

15. Lisaluvz2kwilt October 29, 2012 at 2:40 pm #

LOVE the quilting! Who did it?
    Lisa

16. Coffee Break Whatever October 29, 2012 at 2:56 pm #

Funny you should post this today. I am in the process of trying to create a placemat pattern for christmas…and was wanting something oblong…I have some square with the circle in it for Halloween/thanksgiving but wanted a larger/wider placemat size…and seeing the oblong rings in your quilt…PERFECT!!!! I have a directional pattern of snowmen that I was wanting to use and this oblong will be perfect! Ah, what goes on in a quilter's mind!

17. Allison October 29, 2012 at 3:34 pm #

Love the pattern (and color palate)! And the quilting is just beautiful.

18. SewBlinkey.blogspot.com October 29, 2012 at 6:48 pm #

I love all your patterns and ring toss is no exception. This is another one I need. I'm sure you missed those babies. By now you are home and have given them all that Momma love!

19. Cheryl Arkison October 29, 2012 at 7:05 pm #

That's the same look you had on your face in KC!
    Did you bring Sophie with you?

20. HallieBerryQuilts October 29, 2012 at 7:34 pm #

Your quilts are just amazing! Can't wait to see more :)

21. Becky October 29, 2012 at 8:13 pm #

LOVE this quilt! It made a beautiful back-drop at Quilt Market too. Hope you are home safe now with the family.

22. sandra October 29, 2012 at 10:32 pm #

thanks for making me laugh and being real! I would have saved you if I could have ; ) Enjoy your kiddos!

23. Gayle October 30, 2012 at 1:16 pm #

Beautiful Quilt.

24. Jeanenne Nielsen October 30, 2012 at 5:10 pm #

I love your quilt. It looks great.

25. Kathleen O'Grady October 30, 2012 at 5:33 pm #

I saw pictures of your booth on the Jolly Jabber flickr page and it looked awesome. I love your Ring Toss quilt, great colors.

26. kathy-o October 31, 2012 at 11:25 am #

Your words always make me smile – sometimes laugh! Your picture at market looks like…"I'm smiling because it's picture taking time but I'm really saying "save me" with clenched teeth." funny…Thank you for the nice words. I love working with you!!! Your quilts turned out…well….perfection!