Boardwalk

This quilt was made for my living room (after a round of trunk shows).  The colors are so soft and soothing…which is just what my living room needs this very second now that the Halloween décor is down.
The fabrics are a mish-mash as usual.  For quilts like this one I plan out the color scheme I want first…then I choose fabrics based on those colors, instead of sticking to just one or two fabric lines.  I love pulling and choosing fabrics, but there’s nothing wrong with sticking to one fabric line either!
This one is very beginner friendly and comes in 4 sizes.  I quilted it with a loopty-loop pattern on my own machine.
And because I hate having scraps…there are directions included for a pillow:

Luckily it’s a really tough pillow as its been jumped on about 100000 times by the 2 year old that rules my house.
The pattern can be found here in PDF or hard copy.

30 Responses to Boardwalk

1. Suburban Stitcher November 3, 2012 at 8:50 pm #

Lovely quilt and pillow!

2. Charity November 3, 2012 at 8:55 pm #

I love the colors on this one, and the pillow is so cute! You did a great job on the quilting too. =)

3. Samelias Mum November 3, 2012 at 9:46 pm #

Beautiful quilt. The colours are almost beachy.

4. Jamie Lee November 3, 2012 at 9:57 pm #

The name is perfect for this new pattern. Love it!

5. Myra November 3, 2012 at 10:33 pm #

Ooohh…. I love it. It is so soothing! I'm gonna have to make this someday. : )

6. Kate November 3, 2012 at 10:57 pm #

Very nice! Love the colours used, its got a nice cool feeling to it.

7. mindingmomma November 3, 2012 at 11:45 pm #

Like the colors you used and love the pillow!

8. trish November 4, 2012 at 12:01 am #

Another fantastic pattern Allison! One of the things I love about your patterns is how your pull from your fabrics. I don't always have a full line and really like to use the fabric I have. :o)
    My two patterns arrived yesterday! Thanks. Can't wait to make them! :o)

9. evelyn November 4, 2012 at 2:42 am #

Beautiful quilt, Soft and comfy but certainly not dull. Love the colours and the pattern and the pillow.

10. Valerie November 4, 2012 at 4:15 am #

I love your quilting! Would you share what thread you use? It looks like it just melts into the quilt!

11. Hilary November 4, 2012 at 4:20 am #

I love the pillow! I have been looking for a cute way to redo the ones I have in our living room, and I think these might be the best fit! thanks so much or sharing :)

12. the girlfriend gap November 4, 2012 at 4:49 am #

Delightful! The colors are soothing! You have the cutest patterns. Just purchased your Seville pattern to make a quilt for my daughter. Now need to figure out some fabrics :) I like to pull fabrics but feel like I over think the process. Love it when it all comes together!!!!!!!!!!!
    Janita

13. Naturally Carol November 4, 2012 at 5:17 am #

The colours are so dreamy and restful, very easy on the eye and easy to live with!

14. Linda Shields November 4, 2012 at 1:10 pm #

Wonderful colors. The first quilt I ever made many years ago was the pillow pattern and it was called Split Rail.

15. pinsandneedles November 4, 2012 at 1:13 pm #

Love the colors you choose for this very pretty quilt!

16. Nancy November 4, 2012 at 2:51 pm #

Love this quilt the colors are soothing. Love the matching pillows.

17. Kate Brown November 4, 2012 at 10:49 pm #

I love the soothing colors too! Very pretty!!

18. Erica November 4, 2012 at 11:38 pm #

I really like this quilt and the pillow is great, too.

19. Cindy November 5, 2012 at 12:22 am #

Beautiful quilt and pillow! Love the colors and the name is perfect!

20. Live a Colorful Life November 5, 2012 at 3:45 am #

Your patterns and fabric choices are just flawless.

21. Anna November 5, 2012 at 1:59 pm #

Wow, I just love those colors! I want to make one of those pillows, even though I have really no need for more pillows… Ah!

22. Buffy Skolnick November 5, 2012 at 2:56 pm #

I LOVE everything about this quilt. I don't comment much but had to on this one- beautiful pattern, fabrics and LOVE the quilting. Well done!!

23. Teri November 6, 2012 at 2:36 am #

Lovely quilt and great choice of colors. It will be loved by everyone.

24. MaterialGirlQuilts November 6, 2012 at 3:14 pm #

Great pattern and your fabric choices are so lovely and soothing. The added pillow instructions are wonderful too.
    Adding this to my list!
    Amanda

25. janae king...sewing patterns November 6, 2012 at 3:37 pm #

Hi…I love your new quilt and the pillow is fabulous! I think it's the fabric prints that just make it pop. I also love seeing all your Market photos…gets me so excited about going to Market in Spring. Thank you for sharing and being an inspiration!. janae'

26. Bogomilla Hopp November 6, 2012 at 6:20 pm #

Hi! I think you are one of the best quilter I've ever seen. You use colours very well.
    xoxo Bogomilla

27. *katie November 7, 2012 at 2:33 pm #

Love it! And I LOVE the pillow!

28. Sewing Sophia November 7, 2012 at 6:16 pm #

GEE!!! I am in love with the colors!!! You are so right, they are soft and soothing!

29. Katy November 7, 2012 at 9:08 pm #

I've decided something: since you are so good at taking a mishmash of different lines and patterns and making them look good together and I don't think *I* am good at that, I have an idea: everytime you make a quilt, just cut a little more and put aside a little quilt kit for me to buy from you. That way all the thinking is done for me and I get a great colors and patterns in my quilt just like yours. Okay? Thankyouverymuch.

30. Logan O'Bier November 7, 2012 at 10:27 pm #

Lovely pattern!!! It was nice seeing you at market:)