I’m only errr…8 months late posting this?  Maybe 9?  Bad blogger.  I made this pattern for Moda to accompany Kate Spain’s Joy line of Fabric for Moda.  It sat in a tub waiting for Christmas to come and I finally got it out last week.
This was quilted by Lindsay.  The fabrics are adorable.  The pattern has been in my shop for months and months.  :)
I spotted it at quilt market this fall (not made by me):
We’re in full blown Christmas mode over here.  Sophie loves it all.
I can’t get enough of her…she is just so much fun.  Plus she’s finally sleeping through the night, so  I don’t feel like Zombie-Mom 99% of the time!

41 Responses to Joyfully

1. KaHolly December 7, 2012 at 12:28 pm #

Sophie is absolutely precious!! I'm envious that you have a little one to share Christmas with. Love your quilt. It's never too late to share such a beauty!

2. trish December 7, 2012 at 12:32 pm #

Little miss Sophie is just too cute!
    And I love your quilt. It reminds me of Christmas candy. :0) So festive and fun. :0)

3. Anita December 7, 2012 at 1:09 pm #

4. Auntie Pami December 7, 2012 at 1:12 pm #

Oh my goodness! She is getting so big. I sure miss babies. My nieces & newphews are all big kids. Love the quilt, still on my "to-do" list.

5. Vickie December 7, 2012 at 1:22 pm #

Sophie is the age that Mom And Dad and everybody will enjoy watching her discover Christmas.

6. Elsa December 7, 2012 at 1:32 pm #

Little Sophie is so cute ~ and Christmas with a little one is so fun ~ enjoy!

7. Flaun of I Plead Quilty! December 7, 2012 at 1:56 pm #

Lovely pattern! It looks like Christmas crackers.

8. Missy Shay December 7, 2012 at 1:59 pm #

I just made a postage stamp quilt using this material! I love your pattern!

9. Carla December 7, 2012 at 2:12 pm #

Beautiful quilt and quilting. Enjoy your Christmas!

10. SewAmy December 7, 2012 at 2:22 pm #

Your baby and the quilt are beautiful.

11. Lea December 7, 2012 at 2:23 pm #

Lovely baby and quilt!! The quilt is so festive!

12. Angie December 7, 2012 at 2:34 pm #

What an adorable Christmas quilt! I just love it!! And that baby is cute as a button. 😀

13. Bonnie December 7, 2012 at 2:40 pm #

I love this quilt! The Christmas fabrics are so cheerful. Your little baby is so sweet. I love that age.

14. Di~ December 7, 2012 at 2:51 pm #

Wow, she is cute! She has been from the start! :) I got a new grand baby girl on Thanksgiving. I got to hold her all last week! Love the Christmas quilt colors!

15. Live a Colorful Life December 7, 2012 at 2:54 pm #

This is such a beautiful quilt–pattern and fabric–perfect combination. And Sophie IS adorable.

16. Cecilia December 7, 2012 at 4:01 pm #

Pretty! Sophie is adorable.

17. Amber @ fromtheseeds December 7, 2012 at 4:03 pm #

Congrats on getting some sleep! I have a 7 month old who is still up alll night. Sleep is heaven. This quilt is divine!

18. CATHERINE DANIEL December 7, 2012 at 4:44 pm #

Gorgeous Christmassy Quilt. I just made my First Ever Quilt which I have to post about before Christmas – it was fun but would not pass close inspection I think! xCathy

19. Donna December 7, 2012 at 4:46 pm #

Sophie is beautiful! (I like the quilt, too. :-). Looks like taffy candy.)

20. Katy December 7, 2012 at 5:34 pm #

AHH! I just got the layer cake and some yardage of this Joy line. Just waiting to get my presents sent out and all that other necessary stuff so I can start this quilt and have it fill my time while we wait for Baby #3 to show up a little after Christmas.

I got the layer cake for the middle design that I'm using, will use that same snowflake print but in the Green/Blue for my border and the red/white Peace fabric for the binding. Then with whatever leftover I have I'd like to make a pillow and a fabric banner.

21. Becky December 7, 2012 at 5:52 pm #

You could just say it's perfect timing…just in time for Christmas. Just beautiful. I am crazy about all the white and red! Adorable baby…I have a grand-daughter named Sophie, so partial to that name :)

22. Sherryl December 7, 2012 at 8:39 pm #

Oh that sweet little baby's smile. I just can't hardly stand it! Precious.

23. Evita December 8, 2012 at 6:37 am #

Sophie is a delight. How old is she now and how much does she weighs?? I hope you don't mind me asking these questions. Appreciate your reply. Evita

24. Sarah December 8, 2012 at 1:19 pm #

I LOVE this quilt. I've been admiring it for months. Sophie is gorgeous. I love the age she is at now. I've been following your blog for a while now and I can't believe how quick the months have gone since she was born. Yay for night time sleep throughs!

25. Melia Mae Quilting December 8, 2012 at 2:42 pm #

Your quilt is just beautiful! It is not fair your little girl is sleeping through the night. My girl is 18 months old and still not sleeping through the night. We are still zombie mom over here:)

26. Peggy December 8, 2012 at 5:25 pm #

Neither one of my girls slept through the night until they were a year old or so. Ugh. Thankfully they sleep now!! Babies and Christmas are just wonderful.

27. Anne December 8, 2012 at 6:12 pm #

Such a cute pattern and looks great in the Christmas fabrics. Would also make a perfect party or 4th of July quilt since it has that firecracker look. Miss the days of my kids being so sweet where everything is a new experience for them. They're in their 20's now. How did that happen?

28. Jevne December 8, 2012 at 7:06 pm #

Beautiful quilt and beautiful little girl. I enjoy your blog!

29. J Mactutis December 9, 2012 at 6:24 am #

you make lots of beautiful things…quilts, furniture, babies. :)

i love this pattern…it reminds me of British Christmas crackers.

30. Gina E. December 9, 2012 at 10:52 am #

Fabulous quilt! I bought a charm pack of that fabric a month ago, and have been making small things like mug rugs, nothing big like this!

31. Cheryl Arkison December 9, 2012 at 1:03 pm #

Adorable little thing! Sophie, I mean.
    PS Jealous of the sleep thing.

32. Colleen Potter December 9, 2012 at 1:26 pm #

love that quilt! another one for my list… if I could only sew faster !
    That baby is a masterpiece – such a sweet smile and chubby little hands, her candy stripe shirt goes with the season !

33. Anita December 10, 2012 at 6:24 am #

Love the pattern and Sophie is adorable!

34. Amie December 11, 2012 at 2:37 pm #

I love reading your blog and seeing your beautiful quilts. I've always wanted to be a quilter but until now I've never attempted it (and I'm 40!!!) Anyway, I'm wondering what kind of sewing machine you use or would recommend? Also, do you have and big fancy quilting machine or do you have someone quilt them for you? I have read where you say that you've quilted some of them, I'm just wondering what you use.

I have bought several of your patterns. They are so cute!! I hope my quilts turn out as pretty as yours.

Amie (

35. Bari Jo December 12, 2012 at 12:31 am #

Yay for sleep! And oh my your little one is precious!

36. Sew Nomadic December 12, 2012 at 4:45 am #

That Sophie is so adorable! Nothing more precious then a baby smiling! I love the quilt too. You continue to inspire me with your simple yet incredibly striking quilts. As always love the fabric choices!

37. Altax December 12, 2012 at 9:29 am #

Looks great!!!

Kids Games

38. Farmgirl Susan December 18, 2012 at 5:47 pm #

It's wonderful! I love it. :)

39. JJ December 21, 2012 at 5:41 am #

What a cute quilt.

40. penny November 21, 2013 at 3:17 am #

Just wanted to tell you (almost a year after this post) that I just finished my "Joyfully" quilt top today, and I love it so much! I used a jelly roll of Cherry Christmas by Aneela Hoey for Moda. Similar colors to the one you made. Thanks for such a wonderful pattern! I was surprised how BIG it is! Most patterns end up smaller than I thought they would be, but this one is huge. Love it so much!

41. allison November 21, 2013 at 4:04 am #

Thanks Penny!!! I couldn't find your email so hopefully you see this!! I'm so glad your quilt turned out great! – Allison