Lemon Lime Hourglass

The last time I made this quilt it was for my own pink bundle…man that went by fast!

I love this quilt because it is modern but classic, and perfectly gender neutral in these colors.  The backing is a Marmalade pinwheel print…it looks so great with the front.

I’m craving these bright colors after taking all of my Christmas décor down…my house looks bare!
And for all of you on a New Year’s diet:
Muahahahahahaha. (that’s my evil laugh)

31 Responses to Lemon Lime Hourglass

1. CitricSugar January 3, 2013 at 5:38 am #

Ahahahaha! That's hilarious, though I've always wanted to try making doughnuts…

Beautiful quilt. :-)

2. Anita January 3, 2013 at 5:49 am #

Yummy! Are you going to post the recipe? I was just going to try baked ones, but those look really good :)

3. Teje Karjalainen January 3, 2013 at 7:11 am #

Your new quilt is again so beautiful! I love simple patterns and beautiful colours with white!
    I wish there was some doughnuts at my home now! Happy New Year! x Teje

4. Gary January 3, 2013 at 7:41 am #

This is a great quilt! Do you know of anybody who will quilt quilts in the Seattle area? I just moved north of Seattle and would like to find somebody who isn't too crazy expensive. Thanks!

5. Barbara @ Nähtante Quilts January 3, 2013 at 8:51 am #

As I stick to the classical definition of diet = way of living you can't shock me!
    Your doughnuts look yummy! I have never made doughnuts, they're not so common here in Germany.
    May I have your recipe please? :-)

6. Kate January 3, 2013 at 9:37 am #

Yum! I haven't packed away my Christmas stuff yet, it's too hot to even think about it.

7. Katy January 3, 2013 at 10:13 am #

I hope no one buys those quilt kits before I get to them! Love the fabric choices – and thank you very much for putting together quilt kits b/c then I don't have to choose and can rely on your good eye!

But my quilt making (yes, I'm FINALLY a quilt maker…I've done two in the last few months!!!) will take a temporary hold with a new baby girl arriving her in just a few weeks!

8. Dana Lynne January 3, 2013 at 12:45 pm #

I love the summery colors!

9. Quiltingranny January 3, 2013 at 1:03 pm #

Love the donuts and in our home, we make wonderful low fat ones that are amazingly delish!
    Your quilt is beautiful! I wish I could figure out triangle as you have. Happy New Year!

10. Melia Mae Quilting January 3, 2013 at 1:26 pm #

I so love this pattern. I am currently making this quilt using your tutorial already in a purple and aqua. I hope to finish it in the next couple of weeks.

11. Cecilia January 3, 2013 at 1:34 pm #

I love the way this quilt looks. Your colors are so pretty. I wish I ad some of those doughnuts. :-)

12. Unknown January 3, 2013 at 2:56 pm #

But what if doughnuts are your New Year's diet?

Happy New Year…and happy making! With the fridged temps in Seattle now, i think you've picked the perfect things to console yourself with: quilts and doughnuts!

13. the girlfriend gap January 3, 2013 at 5:31 pm #

laughing to tears!!!! at the doughnuts!! I've been eating homemade cinnamon rolls since new years day! and thinking about loosing weight. HA HA. I love your quilt. I have been thinking about making an hour glass quilt…. I was going to just use a layer cake now wondering about adding white. Thank you for so much inspiration here at your blog. I have two of your patterns on this years to do list:) happy thursday! Janita

14. Rana January 3, 2013 at 5:39 pm #

And you look so darn sweet!

15. Pam January 3, 2013 at 5:50 pm #

OH YUM, doughnuts, I have not made them for years, I stick to sweet buns and cinnamon rolls.

16. allison January 3, 2013 at 7:17 pm #

Gary- I can't find your email or a blog to respond to…but I send all my quilts out to a long arm quilter, her name is Kathy and her button is on my sidebar towards the top..and she's not crazy expensive! :) Hope that helps and that you see this!

17. kathy-o January 3, 2013 at 9:24 pm #

Way cute – love the bundle – I just might have to hop on over to "Everyday" and get me one! (Thanks for the plug to Gary.)
    Oh my – donuts! You're killin' me!

18. Charity January 4, 2013 at 3:30 am #

Pretty quilt, it's nice to see that shade of blue paired with something other than red for once. =)
    Mmm, doughnuts! I've tried making homemade before, but what I really need is an awesome apple fritter recipe. Those are my favorites. =)

19. Carla January 4, 2013 at 4:19 am #

Another beautiful finish ; ) so fresh looking and fun.

20. SewBlinkey.blogspot.com January 4, 2013 at 5:28 am #

I love your quilts! I have at least 4 of your patterns. You make things look easy, even making donuts, but me no, I'm trying to eat that 2 pounds of See's candy!

21. Elizabeth's quarters January 4, 2013 at 9:59 am #

Love the fruity colours, and the sugary doughnuts.

22. Simplesmente Silvinha (Simply Silvia) January 4, 2013 at 11:35 am #

Happy New Year Allison, it is with health, success and creativity.
    Brazilian hugs

23. Alanna January 4, 2013 at 1:46 pm #

Beautiful quilt! I love your choice of colors, so fresh and fun.

24. Jeanenne Nielsen January 4, 2013 at 2:52 pm #

Love the quilt. Would love the doughnuts, but I have to loose 40 lbs. by May.

25. Staci January 4, 2013 at 3:40 pm #

Yummy doughnuts and Darling QUILT!

26. Carie January 4, 2013 at 5:12 pm #

What gorgeous quilt colours – I love the backing!

27. Gina January 4, 2013 at 6:23 pm #

Beautiful quilt!! Hope you get more kits!

28. birdWatcher January 5, 2013 at 5:01 am #

Love the quilt but what a cruel way to end that post! :)

29. Sew Nomadic January 5, 2013 at 5:30 am #

I'm loving those fresh bright colors! Way to beat the winter blues. And the backing is perfect…great choice. As for the doughnuts…wish I could pluck one off the screen and into my gullet! Think you might have to share the recipe for those.

30. Bari Jo January 6, 2013 at 12:03 am #

bahahahah – please share the recipe!

31. Jessie January 7, 2013 at 10:07 pm #

Beautiful quilt! The Lemon Lime bundle is sold out at Everyday Fabrics, but I hope they are able to restock!