Hop Hop Sew

I put all those triangles to use this weekend and a mini-quilt was born.  It still needs to be pressed, and then I think I’ll make it into a size we can use around the house.
The triangles were leftover from making these blocks:
The quilt turned out fab.
I got myself a bunny this weekend.  The kids think I got it for them… I didn’t.  As long as they clean out the cage though we’ll keep it our secret.
He’s a sweet little guy and very mellow…so he fits right in.   If I had my way I’d be running a full blown rabbitry by this summer….my husband loves my hobbies (not).   Forget Cluck Cluck Sew….Hop Hop Sew here I come!   😉

55 Responses to Hop Hop Sew

1. Julia @ Blue-J Cottage February 25, 2013 at 10:47 pm #

What a sweet little guy :) We had a bunny growing up, actually it was my sisters… He was a holland lop and we called him Bunners.

My husband loves my hobbies too… 😉

2. Katie February 25, 2013 at 10:49 pm #

simply precious — both the quilt and the bunny

3. Jessica Oliveto February 25, 2013 at 11:15 pm #

BUNNIES! I want a bunny too, not for the kids, but for me. I'm just going to use the kids as my excuse. You are a smart, smart lady.

4. jlk February 25, 2013 at 11:31 pm #

I die. That bunny is too cute!

5. Addie February 25, 2013 at 11:38 pm #

I want that bunny! Sooo cute!

6. Jeanette February 25, 2013 at 11:41 pm #

Bunny is so cute! Love the quilt, it looks like a herringbone pattern.

7. Dree February 25, 2013 at 11:45 pm #

Bunny!

My kids beg for one, but with 2 cats (inside) and 6 full-size hens (outside), and wild Coopers hawks, I am not sure where a bunny would go.

8. Jayme February 25, 2013 at 11:46 pm #

Okay so you can send me the mini quit, the bunny, and Sophie…I'll keep my eyes peeled for incoming mail! :)

9. Wens February 25, 2013 at 11:57 pm #

Lovely quilt! I really like how you used two triangles in the same tone. Really looks awesome. And what a cute bunny!

10. Lisa Wood February 25, 2013 at 11:58 pm #

HA! I love your last comment @Hop hop sew here I come. I have a bunny too. He's black with white (Jersey Wooly), Shamrock. I think we think along the same line 😉

by the way my blog is dreamwoodphoto.blogspot.com – come on over.

11. Deborah Hamilton February 26, 2013 at 12:05 am #

What a sweet little bunny, and pretty quilts too!

12. ✾Jamie Lee Cooley✾ February 26, 2013 at 12:11 am #

Oh so sweet (the bunny, but the quilt is nice too). Your posy post made me think about my childhood growing up on a farm. We got bunnies right after moving there and were told they were both males. Peter had babies shortly thereafter. We had tons of bunnies and I still have a few photos of them. Unfortunately I'm allergic now, but I love going to look at them at the county fair. Lucky you!

13. Angie February 26, 2013 at 12:21 am #

LOL Your husband must be my husband's long-lost brother LOL. I love that you got you a bunny—you go girl! :) Love that quilt too. Great job.

14. trish February 26, 2013 at 1:35 am #

Oh my gosh! Is he not the cutest?! What will you name him?
    Your half square little quilt is adorable. I dont know what it is about half square triangles but I love them. I want to make a whole quilt using just them.

15. justsouthofsanity February 26, 2013 at 1:35 am #

We have two bunnies that are a bonded pair. They are litter trained and have free roam of our house and I love them to death! Make sure he eats lots of hay and fresh veggies and he can live a very long time! Wonderful pets, hopefully mine will forgive me for the kitten we are adopting this weekend..

16. Elise Lea February 26, 2013 at 2:11 am #

Beautiful quilt, adorable bunny. This blog post has it all! Congrats on the new addition to the family!

17. Rebecca Grace February 26, 2013 at 2:29 am #

What's your bunny's name? He reminds me of Jeni at In Color Order's bunny, George.

I love your triangle quilt. I've always wanted to do a scrappy triangle quilt with prnts/white ever since I saw a vintage quilt like that at a beach house we rented.

18. Chris {frecklemama} February 26, 2013 at 2:35 am #

He is just adorable! Congrats on your new baby wabbit. So sweet.

19. pcflamingo February 26, 2013 at 2:49 am #

OK, I'm stealing your design idea – I'm liking that very much! Bun-bun is too cute! My mom grew up having a rabbitry, but it was during the Depression, and they were not for pets and she didn't give them names…..

We had calves and goats and ducks and geese and sheep, as well as cats and dogs as pets when I was growing up. I think she was making up for the bunnies.

20. rubyslipperz February 26, 2013 at 3:01 am #

That is just soooo AWEsome…well, the quilt too…but. the BUNNY…O! soo fun! I've been wanting a Satin Angora bunny to share it's wool with me =)

Now, if I just had kids at home that would clean the cage… sigh… =(.

hugZ,
    annie

21. Darice February 26, 2013 at 3:12 am #

Love the little scrappy leftover quilt! :o)
    But i think maybe I missed the quilt that birthed the little triangles? (they kind of look like houses to me?)

Have the kids named the bunny yet? He's adorable and so luxurious looking?

Darice

22. Maureen Cracknell Handmade February 26, 2013 at 3:19 am #

I love your scrappy project, the colors are so pretty!! Congrats on your newest family member, how sweet!! I've been tempted to get "the kids" a bunny, as well! That pic is really tempting me!!

23. Brooke February 26, 2013 at 3:23 am #

OHMYGOODNESS. Well, if you get tired of him, you can send him here! He's SUCH a cutie. I think he should be your quilt model from here on out! :-)

Does he have a "stitchy" name??

My husband says we have to always live in the city. He won't let me move to the country, because he says he needs the city ordinances to keep our pet population to an appropriate number. I'd own one of everything if I could!!

24. grannymaudsgirl February 26, 2013 at 3:24 am #

Have you or the kids named that gorgeous bunny?

25. claudia February 26, 2013 at 4:39 am #

Love the triangles! Great colors.
    I want a bunny too, but I am waiting for just the right one. It (he or she) needs to be white and really fuzzy, so I can brush it and spin it's fur. I want to spoil it. I think that won't be too hard.

26. RaeLyn February 26, 2013 at 5:30 am #

Love that quilt. I have a bunch of HST that I didn't know what to do with. Now I do! Thanks for the inspiration!

27. Sharon February 26, 2013 at 5:52 am #

I love the quilt. The colors are beautiful.
    That little Bunnyis adorable!

28. Foxflower February 26, 2013 at 6:04 am #

I just bought a big bunny cage for the living room for our own newest acquisition. Bunnies are such calm sweet pets. I bet your DH falls in love with that bunny soon. Enjoys

29. Dawn February 26, 2013 at 9:22 am #

Love the quilt and the bunny, but I'm a sucker when it comes to critters of any kind. Have you named him yet?

30. Elizabeth's quarters February 26, 2013 at 9:31 am #

Love the HST quilt top. That's one cute bunny-you need to get another though as he might get lonely.

31. Michele February 26, 2013 at 11:07 am #

Pretty pretty. And the bunny is just adorable. I'm not going to show him to my kidlets. They'd eb begging me for one.

32. Sharon February 26, 2013 at 12:06 pm #

Love the quilt and the bunny too….

33. Terry February 26, 2013 at 12:15 pm #

Bunny luv!! As always, you are an inspiration. I also am interested in what quilt those house blocks belong too!!??? Do tell?

34. Linda at Roscoe's Ma February 26, 2013 at 12:51 pm #

You will have to remind your husband that at least you got a cute little bunny and not a cute little donkey from Amishland! :)

35. Tammy February 26, 2013 at 1:17 pm #

Cute quilt and even cuter little bunny rabbit

36. Angela Bullard February 26, 2013 at 1:19 pm #

I am so jealous! I have always wanted a bunny!

37. Esther February 26, 2013 at 1:26 pm #

Bunny droppings make the ideal fertilizer — the perfect balance of chemicals, from what I've read, so the bunny is really an investment in your garden! See? It's all perfectly clear that you NEEDED that bunny.

38. randi--i have to say February 26, 2013 at 2:19 pm #

So much cuteness! Your bunny is just darling!

39. MyJourneyBack February 26, 2013 at 4:53 pm #

Congrats to the new bunny mom. I miss my big guy so much! I had a Flemish Giant. He was a big boy.
    You'll enjoy him so much. Just be sure to pick him up alot and pet alot! Love your little triangle creation. Thanks for sharing.
    I love your posts.
    Have a good week.
    Sherry

40. Brenda February 26, 2013 at 5:39 pm #

He is sew cute! Love the quilt also! My oldest daughter, all my daughters are grown and live away, has just lost her pet bunny to old age. She was sad for days, he was very sweet.

41. Tiffany February 26, 2013 at 9:30 pm #

Oooo so cute!!! Love that bunny! and your mini quilt is pretty too :)

42. Linda February 26, 2013 at 10:55 pm #

What a cute bunny!! And what an adorable quilt!!! It is a great use of sraps. I was wondering what size of square you made?? Always enjoy checking in with you.

43. Carolyn February 27, 2013 at 1:13 am #

We had a lop-ear bunny named Alex. He used our kitty litter box on his own. He used to do laps around the living room and them jump up on the couch and sit on our laps. Was sure a sweetie!
    Enjoy!

44. shouse February 27, 2013 at 6:54 pm #

I didn't read all the way through – but I love the houses and would love that pattern. (My last name being 'House' and all!)

45. sonia February 27, 2013 at 8:35 pm #

Very, very nice. Congrats!

46. Actually Amy February 28, 2013 at 2:27 am #

Oh my, that bunny is just the cutest. My husband wants a bunny, but I won't let him.

In my defense though we have two Labradors and 4 cats… If the labs didn't eat it, the cats would gang up on it I'm sure!

The quilt is gorgeous!

47. Sarah February 28, 2013 at 1:03 pm #

Cute bunny!Just in time for Easter too. I would like to get a bunny for my kids. They are an easy pet, especially when we rent a house and can't have a dog or cat.

48. Dotty Dolly February 28, 2013 at 6:22 pm #

I have just discovered your blog, and love your work! I like the way you have played with the colour on your triangle quilt, and can't wait to have a go – thank you!

49. John Rose March 1, 2013 at 5:00 am #

Very fantastic,Congrats!!!
    Custom Trading Pins

50. tom Ail March 2, 2013 at 1:02 pm #

Great work!!!!
    i like it.
    Android Mobile Application Development

51. Karin March 4, 2013 at 3:39 am #

Love the quilt and the bunny! Is it a Holland Lop?

52. Kate March 5, 2013 at 2:13 am #

Our bunny we had for 10 years died a year ago. Now we have a 9 pound dark brown rabbit named Bates. I love having rabbits, though I have to disagree that they're always so 'calm' like someone said… it does train you never to leave fabric, quilts, or books on the floor or within reach, though!

53. Lisa E March 5, 2013 at 6:54 pm #

Love your new rabbit. We have 2 lops
    (Sugar and Spice) at our house. I don't think they are as mellow as yours though.

54. Joni March 7, 2013 at 2:51 am #

Bunnies are so wonderful! I had a mini lop for years. He was litter trained and my cat adored him. Be sure to give him a fruit tree branch to chew on. Enjoy!

55. raiman daivs March 30, 2013 at 10:28 am #

Well done great work.I like it.
    Netflix Overseas