Wow that year went by fast!  It was a busy year for me…but I finally feel like I’ve found a good balance between doing what I love and caring for who I love.  My only resolution is to keep working on it…to make the people I love my priority, and the rest is icing on the cake.
I love this quote…
Motherhood Quote_thumb[3]
…I’ve kept it on my desk to read when I’m having a loooong day (is Christmas break over yet???!).  It’s a good reminder to fit in the little things that matter most and forget about all the other junk.
Except quilting…that’s necessary…more like a prescription medication so momma don’t go crazy. 😉
Happy New Year!!!

28 Responses to 2013

1. Happy Cottage Quilter December 31, 2013 at 11:17 pm #

Great pictures. And such a true quote!!

2. Paula Walsh December 31, 2013 at 11:31 pm #

Happy New Year Allison wishing you and yours a wonderful 2014.

3. Sofia December 31, 2013 at 11:32 pm #

Your quilts are just pure happiness!

4. Erica January 1, 2014 at 12:23 am #

You have had a beautiful year! I like that quote too. I have thought something similar but I have never seen it said quite so well :)

5. The Cozy Pumpkin January 1, 2014 at 1:49 am #

What a great quote! That's one of my goals for the new year. Regain my focus on family. :)

Happy New Year! I hope 2014 is as wonderful for you as 2013 was. :)

6. Mystica January 1, 2014 at 2:45 am #

Wonderful pictures. Have a happy new year to you and your family.

7. Amy Friend January 1, 2014 at 2:57 am #

That quote is very true. I find myself thinking of that fact often.

8. Susie January 1, 2014 at 3:21 am #

haha! love that quote. Just cause it is very very true. Happy New Year.

9. Georgi January 1, 2014 at 5:58 am #

It's people like you who have inspired me to learn how to quilt this past year ~ I just wanted to say thanks! and Happy New Year!

10. margaret January 1, 2014 at 7:19 am #

so true, make the most of every day with your little one as they grow up and move away, enjoy

11. sophie January 1, 2014 at 11:14 am #

yes! this is also what I want to focus on this year! you made some amazingly beautiful things this past year! here is to another year of motherhood and creativity:)happy new year!

12. Johanna January 1, 2014 at 12:22 pm #

Perfect quote! Yeah, Christmas break may not end soon here! We have snow on the way. Thursday looks like a snow day, maybe Friday too. Of course, we are forecasted with more snow Monday. Mother Nature is being quite the jokester! I think she is mad because I got a Handiquilter for Christmas. She doesn't want me to use it. Perhaps I should make a quilt for her!

13. charlotte January 1, 2014 at 12:29 pm #

The quote is great. It makes me think of the one line in the Christmas song It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas…"and mom and dad can hardly wait for school to start again" When I was a kid, I didn't get that line…now I do! lol

14. Tammie B January 1, 2014 at 1:13 pm #

Happy new year! You taught me to quilt last year. So thanks for that. I used a couple of your tutorials to make baby quilts. Then I made your Shortcake pattern. I even tried a little FMQ. You rock!

15. Kim January 1, 2014 at 1:41 pm #

Happy New Year to you and your family, Allison! Thanks to you I made my very first quilt this year, the Road Trip. Looking forward to doing more next year. Have bought the Bizzy Kid and Pow Wow patterns.

16. Sarah @ Berry Barn Designs January 1, 2014 at 2:57 pm #

Happy New Year! What a stunning quilting year you had – hope this next one is just as wonderful!

17. trish January 1, 2014 at 3:15 pm #

Happy New Year Allison!!
    "Doing what we love while caring for who we love" – perfectly put. :o)
    My Suburbs quilt is back from Kathy and I am binding it today. Yippee!
    Trish xo

18. prsd4tim2 January 1, 2014 at 3:49 pm #

Happy New Year to you and your family. Your quote is all too true. My children are grown and it seems like just yesterday they were small.

I also wanted to thank you for the Wallflowers pattern. I made it as a gift for my youngest daughter and her husband, and it turned out perfectly. And they love it! Thanks so much for the inspiration!

19. Melissa Corry January 1, 2014 at 4:02 pm #

I love that quote. Thanks so much for sharing it 😉 Happy New Year!!

20. Michelle Jensen January 1, 2014 at 4:21 pm #

It sure is LONG. I feels like I am getting nothing finished. BUT, I can't complain about the sleeping in and lazy mornings :) Happy New Year! Great Finishes :)

21. openid January 1, 2014 at 7:32 pm #

Beautiful pictures! Happy Happy New Year!!

22. Earthworms and Marmalade January 1, 2014 at 9:01 pm #

Oh my goodness!! Did you make all of that this year?! You are amazing. I bow to your skills.

23. Rebecca Grace January 1, 2014 at 10:03 pm #

"the days are long but the years are short" — isn't that the truth! I swear I was endlessly changing diapers and wiping noses the other day, but suddenly I have a 5th grader and a 7th grader now (who wipe their own noses and tushies, thank God). Did you make everything in that photo collage just last year? Very impressive!

Best wishes for 2014.

24. Lynne January 2, 2014 at 12:49 am #

Getting ready to start your pow-wow quilt. Keep 'em coming in 2014. Your hard work and blog are quite inspirational!
    Happy New Year

25. Jennifer Hill January 2, 2014 at 12:50 pm #

Hi! That balance is something I find hard, too. Love the quote – will remember it! Just to say I don't comment, but read and really enjoy your blog and your lovely work! A very Happy New Year to you!

26. Andrea January 3, 2014 at 12:40 am #

I've been searching for the perfect quote for my sewing room, and this is it! Maybe I should modify it to….the days are long, the naps are short? 😉

27. ...I am Nora..... January 4, 2014 at 4:36 pm #

Happy New Year!

The quilt 5th row down 3rd along jumped out at me….not seen it before. Can I find a post or tutorial on it somewhere please?

I have a jelly roll that looks like it would fit quite well with that design….please help!

Thanks Allison, Happy blogging and creating for 2014 xx

28. allison January 4, 2014 at 5:51 pm #

Nora that is a quilt from my Book Growng Up Modern….it's called Breezy in the book. Thanks! -Al