IMG_3741-001 Not much going on over here, but I did manage to get some quilts hung on walls.  It’s an explosion of pink in Sophie’s room! (quilt is from my book) I pulled these fabrics for a Twin quilt for her.  I’m obsessed with this color combo: IMG_3776 And I finally got one of these gadgets…I’m hoping it can save my nails from breaking every time I baste a quilt! IMG_3762 When the sky gets gray…the fabric gets BRIGHT! IMG_3753 Hope you all have a great week…I’m ready to wrap up February and move onto March!  :) 1794805_272483829576424_436579255_n

35 Responses to Stuffs

1. Diane-crewe February 17, 2014 at 5:18 pm #

lovely bright room .. and quilt x .. even extends to the pins xx lol x

2. Auntie Pami February 17, 2014 at 5:38 pm #

Sunny in Arizona …wow Sophie is just growing like a weed!

3. Anna February 17, 2014 at 5:42 pm #

Me encanta!!!

4. Marci Girl February 17, 2014 at 6:30 pm #

Honest to goodness, once you get the hang of the Kwik Klip, it will turn basting from yuck to oh this isn't so bad! No more sore fingers, and oh so fast! I love mine and wouldn't baste without it!

5. Michelle Jensen February 17, 2014 at 7:14 pm #

Allison, they quilt looks so sweet in a girl's playroom! How fun is that :) The color scheme is wonderful. I love love love it :) I bet it will make a fantastic quilt.

6. Laura February 17, 2014 at 7:15 pm #

The Kwik Klip makes basting go fast. and saves your fingers! Have used it for years.

7. Missy Shay February 17, 2014 at 10:05 pm #

I love that fabric combo too!

8. Dora, the Quilter February 18, 2014 at 3:07 am #

I've been using my Kwik Klip for a couple of decades. It really saves my hands and muscles!

9. Pam February 18, 2014 at 3:20 am #

love your post…gotta love pink! and please where did u get your heart pins…i think i need some real bad xo

10. sewing scrapper February 18, 2014 at 6:09 am #

Love the bright room, children so enjoy colour. I also love your Dresden plate pincushion. Is there a tutorial and pattern for that? The mini points are so cute!

11. thepalmierifamily February 18, 2014 at 9:38 am #

Have you ever considered 505 spray to spray baste it? It works great, altough I think in the long run your new little tool costs less than lots and lots of cans of 505 basting spray! But you don't have to unpin as you quilt, and that's a plus too.

12. kathy-o February 18, 2014 at 1:26 pm #

Your new gaget WILL save your fingernails! I have one…and I love Sophie's hair!!!

13. ✾Jamie Lee Cooley✾ February 18, 2014 at 1:29 pm #

He he, what about basting spray? I am a little bit of a nature girl and said I'd never try it, but then is as someone use it at a sew day at a local shop. I never looked back and passed my cigar box full of paperclips on on freecycle. :)

Your houses quilt looks beautiful in the wall in your daughter's room. Looking forward to seeing her new quilt.

14. ✾Jamie Lee Cooley✾ February 18, 2014 at 1:30 pm #

Oh my goodness, I need some caffeine. I meant safety pins.

15. Elsa February 18, 2014 at 1:42 pm #

Love the house quilt ~ so cheery and pink! And the Dresden pin cushion ~ I've got to make one!

16. Johanna February 18, 2014 at 2:59 pm #

You can never have too much pink!

17. Linda February 18, 2014 at 3:29 pm #

I love your Dresden pin cushion!!!

18. A Quilter's Mission February 18, 2014 at 6:31 pm #

You will definitely love your 'kwik klip'! Such a pretty room and the pull for her new quilt is dreamy.

19. Gayle February 19, 2014 at 11:04 am #

Beautiful quilt, love those colours too and the dresden pin cushion is so cute.

20. Catherine February 19, 2014 at 3:17 pm #

Allison, the house quilt is soooo pretty! Love the darling pin cushion too. And yes, I think winter makes us want to sew with bright fabrics. I'm ready for winter to be over. We received 2 feet of snow Saturday night and another foot last night. Enough already….LOL.

21. Jess Isis February 20, 2014 at 3:10 pm #

Beautiful color combos!

22. Jess Isis February 20, 2014 at 3:10 pm #

Beautiful color combos!

23. The Neumanns February 20, 2014 at 10:03 pm #

Another option is a grapefruit spoon. It has the same notches that you can use to close and reopen the pins. Hope that helps for some who already have those in their house! I have the blocks for a juice box quilt all ready to be sewn together! Can't wait for the time to get it done!

24. Rebecca Grace February 22, 2014 at 5:14 pm #

You will love that Kwik Clip thingy! I use mine every time — fingernails emerge from pin basting unscathed.

I love all those happy pinks for your daughter's room. I was never much of a pink person until I found myself the mother of two sons, in a house full of testosterone. Now I just want to paint my toenails with pink glitter and wear a tiara to the supermarket in rebellion!

25. Melissa @ My Recent Favorite Books February 23, 2014 at 2:07 am #

I love the color combinations of the pink quilt on the wall! =)

26. Mary February 23, 2014 at 5:13 pm #

What cha gonna make with the purples, oranges, browns, yellows and turquoises, oh, and greens…OH MY?. Can't wait to see it. Just love your sense of color. Makes me feel happy.

27. Anna February 24, 2014 at 3:02 am #

Love the pin cushion! Will you share a pattern?

28. laurareid February 24, 2014 at 3:05 am #

Actually, I asked about the pin cushion, not Anna.
    Ps-I made the pow wow quilt. Was fun to make.

29. allison February 24, 2014 at 3:07 am #

That pincushion was given to me by a sweet friend…but if I knew how to make it I would share! :) She made a tiny dresden plate and appliqued it onto a larger pincushion…it's very cute and I love it!

30. Emily Carnes February 26, 2014 at 4:08 am #

THat little dresden pin cushion is amazing! I love it!

31. Emily Carnes February 26, 2014 at 4:10 am #

I've been wondering about basting spray, too… I've never tried it but I *would* just to see if it is worth it (apparently it smells really toxic?)

32. Tina in Boston March 7, 2014 at 3:27 am #

I love the quilt with the houses! So cute!

33. Emily Carnes March 7, 2014 at 4:54 am #

Hey there, I found a tutorial online for a Mini Dresden Brooch – it could totally be turned into a pincushion.

The brief tut (with measurements) is at

I shared the link on my blog too and credited this post and blog for the inspiration!

34. allison March 7, 2014 at 7:36 am #

Thank you for finding that Emily!!!

35. Patticakes Patricia Mishler Handmade March 9, 2014 at 4:26 pm #

Love everything, where can I find those pins with heart tops?