Take Four

After making this quilt four times I think I can make it in my sleep.
Touchdown Progress_thumb[2]

I hate watching movies twice (Disney movies don’t count!)….but I actually don’t mind making the same quilt a couple of times because I can semi-not pay attention and just sew…and eat…and watch TV….while I sew.  It’s perfect.
Touchdown Quilt_thumb[1]
This time I used an unknown white fabric from my stash that was a tiny bit stretchy…it made sewing the “laces” a beast.  Starch, gentle pressing, and an accurate seam are your best friend with those suckers.
The back is the softest cuddle fabric….and the quilt was gifted last night to a soon-to-be born Seahawks fan.  :)  Now I’m done with football/football quilts for a looong time.
P.S.  For those that asked the brown fabric is a Kona solid in Earth…best brown ever.  Pattern is Touchdown.

19 Responses to Take Four

1. margaret April 17, 2014 at 5:59 am #

great collection of fabrics used on this quilt

2. Paula April 17, 2014 at 6:29 am #

wow I really like it :)
    It's so spring and calm :)

3. jirons42 April 17, 2014 at 7:21 am #

I just finished making the larger one of these for my football playing grandson's birthday in his school colors. I hope he loves it as much as I do.

4. Anna F. April 17, 2014 at 11:25 am #

Nice quilt!
    I concur – Kona Earth best brown ever!
    Where did you get your backing? Is it Minky?
    Thanks!

5. Chris April 17, 2014 at 11:40 am #

I like the colors you've used for this quilt. Very cute!!

6. Jess (a.k.a. Rosie) April 17, 2014 at 12:18 pm #

Great quilt! I'm sure they're going to love it!!!

7. Crafty Gourmet April 17, 2014 at 1:25 pm #

Love the quilt!! Just a question about the back, did you also use batting with the cuddle fabric?? Ive been wanting to try that, but been afraid it would make the quilt too thick.

8. Crafty Gourmet April 17, 2014 at 1:25 pm #

9. vkh6210 April 17, 2014 at 1:55 pm #

What a cute quilt! Love the design and fabrics.

10. Melia Mae Quilting April 17, 2014 at 1:59 pm #

Gorgeous! Also where did you get that awesome quilt ladder? I am so looking for one!

11. Patty B April 17, 2014 at 4:52 pm #

I don't think you mentioned on the blog that your fabric is featured in the newest issue of "Love of Quilting!" I spotted it right away and it looks GREAT!

12. allison April 17, 2014 at 5:26 pm #

Anna and Crafty Gourmet….the back is minky (bought at Joanns) and yes I did put batting in this one. It is heavy…but it has such a nice weight to it! I spray basted and also pin basted it so it wasn't going anywhere….then I did a few straight stitch quilting lines across it to keep the backing in place while I quilted the rest. It wasn't too bad…just make sure you baste A LOT!!!! Thanks!!! -Al

13. Dawn April 18, 2014 at 6:13 am #

Cute pattern. I still can't believe our SEAHAWKS won the Super Bowl! I still get chills when I think of it!

14. Sarah Seufert April 18, 2014 at 12:08 pm #

WHAT a FAB quilt for a young boy . . . footballs! I like your selection of pastel hues of greens, blues & greys to counter the bright brown with white detailed footballs. THANKS for sharing. Sarah Helene, Minneapolis

15. Karen in Breezy Point April 18, 2014 at 2:41 pm #

Such a fun pattern! I have a couple friends that are working on this pattern. One is making five quilts as gifts and the other is making two (Vikings and Packers versions) for a charity auction this summer.

16. Sherry April 19, 2014 at 5:01 am #

Love that pattern, bought it! I used a Moda marbled brown I had in my stash. Awesome quilt!

17. Daphne Ash April 20, 2014 at 5:54 pm #

It's a great quilt. You've done a beautiful job with it.

18. Cheri, the Quilting Nanny April 22, 2014 at 3:40 am #

Perfect for any football fan!

19. Susanne vb April 22, 2014 at 10:23 am #

Shew…your laces are perfection…because I did NOT sew with care during my retreat (used my featherweight and was distracted chatting with bffs!!) … my laces, well…a little wonky… I'm just telling myself these footballs got some use so their laces aren't fresh out of the box. 😉 So impressed you finished several quilts when I'm not finished with one! :) Kudos! I need to do a little less blog reading and a little more sewing. :)