Berry Cross Stitch Quilt

Thank you for the sweet comments and emails from my last post…you guys and this little online community we have really are the best.  I’m feeling much better…and don’t fall off your chair or anything but I made a quilt!
This one turned out even better than I thought it would…love it when it happens (’cause it usually doesn’t!).
There is a great tutorial for these cross stitch blocks here
 I “eyeballed” mine a bit more than she did (OK a lot more….pretend all the seams match), but it still went together easily.  These are not quick blocks to make but chain piecing and a good TV show to watch listen to make it go faster.
Now I have to go wrangle 3 kids into costumes and brave the school Halloween Carnival.  If you don’t hear from me again you’ll know I didn’t make out alive.  😉

31 Responses to Berry Cross Stitch Quilt

1. Jude October 25, 2014 at 4:20 am #

you're not at quilt market? you will be missed i am sure!

2. Mystica October 25, 2014 at 4:23 am #

This is pretty. Love the color combinations

3. margaret October 25, 2014 at 4:59 am #

lovely quilt such delicate colours you have eused

4. Carie October 25, 2014 at 6:46 am #

It's gorgeous, for some reason it reminds me of blackberry and apple pie – it must be the colours and the lattice effect but so very pretty 🙂

5. Dawn October 25, 2014 at 7:25 am #

Sweet quit! Love the colors.

6. Christine Barnsley October 25, 2014 at 8:10 am #

Hi Allison! Love your new quilt! The colours you have used are beautiful!! I am so glad you are feeling better… I just read your last post (hadn't seen it before) and I am so sorry! Take care of yourself! I just bought a bundle of your 'Oh Clementine' fabric and I just love it!! 🙂 xx

7. Michelle C. October 25, 2014 at 10:50 am #

Gosh, your seams look spot-on to me, and I love the color palette you're working with. I just made *dozens* of cross-stitch blocks using jelly-roll strips. My seams definitely don't all match up, but my blocks are tiny — just 2.5" — and somehow that makes the imperfections less noticeable. Can't wait to see how you quilt this!

8. Heather October 25, 2014 at 11:46 am #

What a lovely quilt !

9. Scorpie October 25, 2014 at 12:12 pm #

This is a lovely quilt. My first reaction was an out loud "Oh, how cute". Wish I had enough time before Christmas to make one for my granddaughter.

10. kathy-o October 25, 2014 at 1:59 pm #

What a sweet quilt! Love the name – it's perfect. And your seams look spot on – as usual! Good luck at the carnival…nothing like a school carnival! xxoo

11. Liz October 25, 2014 at 3:04 pm #

Love the colors and fabrics you used!

12. Debbie October 25, 2014 at 3:27 pm #

This is very pretty! I'm doing scrappy xstitch blocks now and I find 'eyeballing' works great! 😉

13. the girlfriend gap October 25, 2014 at 4:04 pm #

Yummy 🙂 I use to do cross stitch…. then quilting took over. I may have to make a cross-stitch quilt 🙂

So glad to hear you are feeling better 🙂 Janita

14. Joyce Carter October 25, 2014 at 5:36 pm #

Just beautiful. Seams look great to me.

15. Rachel October 25, 2014 at 6:49 pm #

Very cute! Love your fabric choices.

16. I am Just One Mom October 25, 2014 at 7:04 pm #

Fresh and cute! Downton Abbey time on simplyjune.

17. Marianne October 25, 2014 at 10:47 pm #

Sweet! And all seams look A-ok to me! I need to make this. My crafty life began with cross stitching then crocheting/knitting, and quilting.

18. Karen Caves October 25, 2014 at 11:10 pm #

Such a beautiful quilt….but I adore all your creations!!

19. Sharon S October 25, 2014 at 11:29 pm #

You are the color queen. Love everything you do.

20. Anne October 26, 2014 at 12:53 am #

Cute quilt. Had to laugh at the listen reference to TV. I listen a lot too and rarely see whatever it is I'm "watching" Hope yo made it home alive.

21. ~ Ushi ~ October 26, 2014 at 4:09 am #

It's a lovely quilt! Love the color combination 🙂 xx

22. Heather's Haven October 26, 2014 at 3:06 pm #

such a pretty quilt.

Heather

23. A Quilter's Mission October 27, 2014 at 1:24 am #

These colors are wonderful and suit this pattern to a 'X'!

24. A Quilter's Mission October 27, 2014 at 1:24 am #

These colors are wonderful and suit this pattern to a 'X'!

25. SeaBreeze Quilts October 27, 2014 at 5:59 am #

You are amazing. This is just beautiful. I agree with the other comments – the colours do make you think of flavours. It is bakingly hot here in Queensland, Australia, today and your colours are making me think of ice-cream flavours!
    Glad to hear that you're on the mend. Hugs and prayers from Oz.

26. Sew Stitching Cute October 27, 2014 at 12:59 pm #

I am loving how this turned out as well. I "like" pink, and that is saying it generously in a way also; however I have recently seen and found a lot of people able to play down the pink in a way that makes it appealing. Loving it in this block pattern! Hope you had fun at the carnival!

27. Mary Ellen Kinkel October 28, 2014 at 1:37 pm #

Once again, your color combination is lovely and I like the pattern so much I went to the website, checked out the instructions and made some sample blocks last night! this will be a great stash buster. thanks so much for the idea!

28. Anita October 28, 2014 at 5:53 pm #

I love this quilt! And I have most of these fabrics! I will have to see the tutorial. Thanks for the link.

29. Afton Warrick November 3, 2014 at 2:19 am #

How beautiful! The color scheme is so sweet and pretty.

30. Jolene White November 4, 2014 at 9:04 pm #

This is so 'delicious' looking. I love your colors.

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Berry Cross Stitch Quilt | Cluck Cluck Sew - August 20, 2015

[…] finished this quilt up just in time for my new niece Elinor to be born last month.  I made this top back in OCTOBER (could it really have been that long ago?) and I’ve been saving it for a special someone to […]