Shadow

Sophie is my little pumpkin toting shadow.  She follows me around the house until I sit still long enough so she can dump out her candy and take inventory of her goodies.  She’s sorting her candy…and I’m sorting fabric into a pile of fall-ish favorites for some quick décor projects.
I’m finishing up my Metro Hoops Quilt today too.  My blocks ended up wonky…and not the good kind of wonky.  Luckily the pattern has some great squaring up instructions…and to speed it up I squared up the first block perfectly using the instructions, then laid it on my other blocks a few at a time, matched up all my seams and cut.  Using the first block as a guide saved me SO much time!

Now to get dinner started and get some healthy food into my kids before the Halloween candy coma starts tomorrow!

10 Responses to Shadow

1. Mom in training October 30, 2014 at 11:35 pm #

I really enjoy your blog. Your quilts and projects are beautiful. THANKS

2. Afton Warrick October 31, 2014 at 12:53 am #

I love the photo of kid candy alongside quilter candy.

3. Carla October 31, 2014 at 2:31 am #

Great pictures. Here comes the candy coma, I'm ready!!

4. Charity October 31, 2014 at 5:30 am #

That quilt is going to be gorgeous! I like the colors you are using.

5. Dawn October 31, 2014 at 5:56 am #

I was considering Metro Hoops but just just bought Metro Twist. It looks like a great scrap buster. I'm counting on wiggle room to square up blocks! Cute shadow by the way.

6. margaret October 31, 2014 at 6:03 am #

what very smooth curves you have got here looks an interesting quilt you are working on

7. Judy October 31, 2014 at 6:11 am #

Allison- I can relate to wonky! I threw 2 blocks away from my Wallflowers quilt along. I wasn't paying attention to your instructions. I am on my way though. I did one good block today. Hope the other 8 go as well. Enjoy your munchkins tomorrow!

8. Lisa D. November 4, 2014 at 6:12 pm #

Great idea about stacking the blocks for trimming after the first one. I'm going to try that with my Metro Hoops. It sounds like it will save time!

9. Nanaofck November 5, 2014 at 8:41 pm #

Saw the photo you posted on IG and loved it. Great color combo. Looking forward to seeing the finish of this.

10. m3quilts November 10, 2014 at 1:52 pm #

I totally do the squaring up of one block and laying it on the others to get them squared up thing too. I am also lazy and really hate trimming HST's, but do it because of the way it comes out. I'd rather be piecing or FMQ-ing. 🙂