February and Franklin

New fabric bundles, Cluck Cluck Sew_thumb[5]
Hey there!  I didn’t mean to step away for a month but on the plus side I have lots to share in the coming weeks.  Aren’t those roses lovely?  My husband knows my love for white.  And the mini-suburbs quilt was a gift from my friend Jayme…I haven’t jumped on the “mini quilt” bandwagon but I must say I love this little quilt on my wall so much!
I splurged last week on fabric…I rarely buy a full line of fabric but these were just too good to pass up.  The stack below is Franklin is by Denyse Schmidt.  I haven’t been drawn to her fabric for independent shops in awhile (I’ve liked them but not LOVED them), but this line is just beautiful and has so many wonderful blenders and colors.
Franklin by Denyse Schmidt_thumb[1]
It’s the first time I’ve been really inspired and excited to work with a fabric line in quite awhile…so bravo Denyse!
This line is called Milk, Flour, Sugar by Elea Lutz for Penny Rose Fabrics.  It’s cuteness won me over…I’m not usually into “cute” but these I had to have for no other reason than to look at them.
I bought both of my bundles from Amanda at Westwood Acres.
March Bundle, Westwoodacres_thumb[1]
In other random news…I’ve been drinking green juice for breakfast and with lunch the past couple of weeks.  I’d been in a big energy slump…and I hate to admit it but I have so much more energy now thanks to this nasty cup of green.
IMG_7818_thumb[1]
The juice is made from kale, cucumber, celery, apple, lemon, ginger, and carrot in a juicer.  Donuts taste better.  🙂

29 Responses to February and Franklin

1. therese February 20, 2015 at 11:45 pm #

I love those fabrics too! I caved and bought some Milk,Sugar and Flour. I love your comment about the donuts over the juice, very funny.

2. Pat February 21, 2015 at 1:01 am #

So add a donut to the smoothie. 😀

3. connie in louisiana February 21, 2015 at 2:40 am #

Add frozen pineapple and mango! Really helps with the taste.

4. Sharon Collins February 21, 2015 at 3:58 am #

Those are really nice. Makes me want some. I'm on a self imposed no fabric purchase. So none for me until June. It's my birthday so I'll get some for it.

5. Sharon Collins February 21, 2015 at 3:58 am #

6. Michelle Jensen February 21, 2015 at 4:19 am #

So cute!! I do love the mini quilt and the flowers are just pretty! Also, the green juice looks just like my green smoothies that I… drink… even when my kids are having pancakes 🙁 So you aren't in it alone. And I hope you are taking good care of yourself and getting lots of sleep!! You deserve it while you can get it!! Cute Fabrics for sure 🙂

7. Kellie February 21, 2015 at 4:43 am #

Was beginning to worry about you Allison…. glad you are doing well!

8. Di~ February 21, 2015 at 5:40 am #

Looks good! all of it!

9. Helen L February 21, 2015 at 6:56 am #

Love your mini quilt: what a great gift! And the DS fabric bundle is wonderful: no wonder you couldn't resist! And the green juice: My mom made many versions of "healthy" foods: our green on was "Parsley Orange juic" just take a bunch of parsley in the blender and add orange juice: Yummy!! (NOT) :-)But I'm glad to hear that the juice is doing you good. Does Adding a little fruit help it any? Cheers!! (cups clinking!!) Have a wonderful weekend! Hugs, H in Healdsburg

10. Colleen Potter February 21, 2015 at 12:47 pm #

glad the cup of nasty is having the desired effect – maybe I should try it ! Can't wait to see what you've been working on.
    Colleen

11. the girlfriend gap February 21, 2015 at 1:15 pm #

Wondering if adding blueberries a great antioxidant would boost the flavor. I have been contemplating green smoothies…. here are some I have found but not tried.. maybe you could alternate a few recipes to add a smile to the smoothie routine.

Just the fabric alone would give me a pick me up. 🙂

Glad you are feeling better. I hate days where I feel I have no zip.

Take care,
    Janita

12. Alicia Key February 21, 2015 at 1:36 pm #

Yeah, I think I need the green juice too, for energy. Sure haven't heard that many people LIKE it, though!

13. Linda at Roscoe's Ma February 21, 2015 at 2:41 pm #

I think you need a cream stick, personally!

14. Melissa Corry February 21, 2015 at 3:16 pm #

Love those 2 bundles and I have to agree, that drink looks nasty :). What we do to feel good 🙂

15. kathy-o February 21, 2015 at 4:17 pm #

I've had my eye on Franklin, too. Might have to get me some of that yumminess! Green stuff for breakfast is a good thing…I love it!

16. Judy February 21, 2015 at 5:00 pm #

I am happy you are feeling better. I may have to try that drink also! I am crazy for Daysail!! I love every line they do though!! When will you be showing us your next line??

17. Doris Rice, The Quilting Queen February 22, 2015 at 1:59 am #

Love the fabrics too. And about that juice, I agree a donut tastes better but green juice feels better. Hang in there.

18. Lisa Favalora February 22, 2015 at 12:56 pm #

Can't wait to see what you will make with those fabrics!

19. Andrea February 22, 2015 at 6:09 pm #

Oooh – any chance you plan to do a pattern for the Suburbs mini??

20. Angela Atkins February 22, 2015 at 6:36 pm #

I saw you in the Windham brochure and loved the little glimpse of your new fabric! Excited to see more of it in the months ahead. Maybe by then I will have saved up more money to buy fabric–the vendors at quiltcon were very persuasive!

21. Laura Fedewa February 23, 2015 at 12:50 pm #

I do love the DS prints! I am the same I have never really LOVED them but there is something about this line that is so great! O and I agree donuts do taste better than the juice but usually when it isn't great for us it does taste wonderful! lol!

22. Lisa E February 23, 2015 at 5:44 pm #

I need more energy. Can you blog your smoothie recipe?

23. Rachel at Stitched in Color February 24, 2015 at 1:18 am #

Oh, yes, green juice! We drink a lot of green smoothies in the summer, but I totally cheat and make them taste good. My recipe is lots of pineapple juice, lots of collards, frozen strawberries, ice and a banana. Honestly, it does taste good. Haven't met a kid or person who doesn't agree.

24. Carrie Wikander February 24, 2015 at 1:58 am #

Thosr fabrics are yum and I drink green smoothies too. I like them fine, but I think its okay to add some fruit – pineapple is excellent . I also afd gingerroot. I love it and its really good for you.

25. Jeanie February 24, 2015 at 6:55 pm #

Random, but do you know the color name of the paint on your walls?? I'm ready to do some painting in our new home. This color looks nice.

26. allison February 25, 2015 at 1:13 am #

Jeanie – I wish I knew that color! It's the only room in the house I didn't paint over, and they didn't leave any leftover paint for me to figure out the color. I've had many people ask so i guess I need to try and color match it! Sorry!

27. the girlfriend gap February 25, 2015 at 10:08 pm #

Found another smoothie for you to maybe try. 🙂

Snowing here today….. Needing a little tropical goddess right now.

Hope you are having a great day.

Janita

28. KnitCrochetQuilt March 4, 2015 at 10:45 pm #

Hi Alison, speaking of pressing, I just spent a miserably long time cleaning the sole plate of my iron. I tried Magic Eraser, then got out the hot iron cleaner that comes in a tube. I have an older Rowenta iron I found brand new in a thrift store that I absolutely love with the shiny black sole plate, doesn't leak, doesn't automatically shut off. I'm the only one who uses it. I bought a June Taylor portable pressing mat covered with heavy canvas, it's not removable for washing. When I pressed blocks on it, the iron "dragged" over the canvas. I stopped using it after a few times. I now have some kind of black gunk burned onto my iron like tar. I have NOT been able to get it all off yet. Everyone…be so careful what you put under your iron for pressing! This iron is irreplaceable as they no longer make it and surely was made here. I'm so sorry I bought that pressing mat! And that I didn't know to clean the iron off immediately, if that even would have helped. Camille in Seattle

29. eva March 12, 2015 at 4:57 am #