Tahoe Quilt

I promise I didn’t forget to blog about my Tahoe quilt!  I’ve been getting back into the swing of things.  Today I even made cookies for the first time in tooooooo long.

Sophie promptly said in total surprise and confusion, “You know how to make cookies??!!!”. Big problem.  Time to make more cookies. And no I didn’t roll them in cumin this time.  😉

This quilt is made with fat quarters or 1/4 yards.  I won’t tell you it’s a whip-it-up-in-a-day kind of quilt because it’s not…which I’m sure you guessed from the look of all those points.  It’s not hard though, just a lot of diagonals.

I backed it with the apples and oranges print from my Oh Clementine collection (still available here).  The quilting was done by Melissa at Sew Shabby Quilting.  I chose the bubbles pattern in medium to offset all the sharp points…I love how it turned out.

I was going to make this up in Hazel, but went for the bright bold fabrics instead.  I love it in the blues and reds of Hazel though as well.

Since I’ve been home from market my middle child stopped taking afternoon naps.  It’s made taking pictures five billion times harder…no exaggeration.  😉

I’m sure going to miss him though when he’s gone all day this fall (insert Mom balling eyes out emoticon). You can find more info on the Tahoe pattern here in my shop.  Have a great weekend!

16 Responses to Tahoe Quilt

1. Judy May 23, 2015 at 6:44 am #

I don't know how fabric designers do all they are to do with children, house stuff, cookies, and find the time to design, quilt and make patterns! I am sure glad you DO though because I love your Hazel and your fabrics!! Enjoy those kids. All to soon they are gone. I sure miss mine being small!

2. Carie May 23, 2015 at 9:54 am #

Oh it's stunning! And definitely worth all of the points. I love your photography assistant too – I'm sending my eldest daughter to school this year and I'm not sure where the last five years went!!

3. Southern Gal May 23, 2015 at 11:15 am #

Those photos are priceless!

4. Patricia May 23, 2015 at 12:22 pm #

Pretty quilt and handsome little man!

5. Susan May 23, 2015 at 1:10 pm #

You must be exhausted and you still made cookies? I'm impressed. I still laugh about the cumin story. Love your quilt, fabric choices etc. The pics of your son are sooo funny! Enjoy your summer because it flies by!

6. Sandra W May 23, 2015 at 2:16 pm #

The quilt is lovely.
    By the looks of the size of your little guy I think the fact that he just stopped is a miracle. You've been very lucky it lasted this long!

7. Jeanne May 23, 2015 at 4:32 pm #

Cute quilt and the snickerdoodles look yummy! Photographing looks like quite the adventure now. LOL

8. molly b quilts May 23, 2015 at 5:43 pm #

Oh my goodness, this is great! I love the design, the balance of color and white, the happy happy fabrics, the quilting, and all the extra photos too! Thanks for sharing!

9. Linda May 23, 2015 at 7:33 pm #

HELLO, OH MY, Cute Post, Cute Kids and Cute Quilts! Thanks for sharimsstitcher1214@gmail.comng!

10. Dresses and Spurs May 23, 2015 at 9:39 pm #

Ekkk! This quilt is too cute! It totally reminds me of Nevada, guessing it's just the whole Tahoe name thing. Haha! But none the less this quilt is really nice and I love your new fabrics.

11. Dresses and Spurs May 23, 2015 at 9:40 pm #

12. Helen L May 24, 2015 at 1:10 am #

It's a great quilt!! And Sophie's comment is sooo cute! I've found the Nestle's Choc chip cookies in the tube are great! 😀 And Your little Power Ranger/Ninja is so cute! They grow too fast! Hugs, H

13. ✾Jamie Lee Cooley✾ May 24, 2015 at 8:05 am #

Gorgeous quilt! Tahoe and Suburbs are on my to-do list!

Enjoy the Sumer with yiur kids!

14. Live a Colorful Life May 28, 2015 at 12:09 am #

I always want to make every single quilt you design! This is a beauty. Hilarious pictures at the end of the post. And that cookie made me SO hungry!

15. Bonnie H May 31, 2015 at 11:26 pm #

Wow! That is one beautiful quilt! I would love for you to link up to the Stitch It, Blog It, Share It Link Party going on now at BehindtheSeamsSewing.com.
    ~Bonnie

16. Lucy @ Charm About You August 8, 2015 at 9:56 am #

This is so stunning! Really bright and happy 🙂 I am already dreading my youngest going to school (she’s only 2) and that’s enough to get me bawling. They grow too fast!