Aqua Charmed by Kathy

Aqua Mini Charms Quilt

Technically I didn’t make this and it was a gift…but I figured you wouldn’t mind seeing this darling quilt!  Kathy was so sweet and sent this to me for Jane, even using some of my favorite fabric prints, and the softest Amy Butler flannel backing.

This would be a great way to use those mini charm packs (a pack of 40 or so 2 1/2″ squares), or even 2 1/2″ or larger square scraps.

Scrappy Binding Aqua Charms quilt

The scrappy binding and the label just make this quilt even more special.  Kathy’s quilting is amazing too of course…see those cute loopty loops in the print squares?  Love that idea!

Jane and her Aqua Charms quilt

This little gal approves.  Jane is already 6 weeks old!  I want to hit “replay” on the past 6 weeks…it went by too fast!

IMG_3377

She has the craaaaziest hair.  I wet it and comb it down and by the time it dries it is sticking straight up in the air!  She rocks it.

46 Responses to Aqua Charmed by Kathy

1. Randi July 14, 2016 at 6:59 am #

What a precious little quilt! And your girl is adorable. I am absolutely loving her hair. So cute!

2. Janice Holton July 14, 2016 at 7:20 am #

Love that aqua! Ah, that cuties hair brings back memories for me. My son had the same kind of hair and it stuck up so straight that we called him cockleburr for a while!

• Allison July 14, 2016 at 12:51 pm #

Lol that is a perfect name for him (and her!). -Allison

3. Shirley Tuesley July 14, 2016 at 7:27 am #

Beautiful Jane. Love your hair. The quilt is wonderful.

4. Robby July 14, 2016 at 8:12 am #

Such a great quilt, and it would be so good for those sort of last minute things we sometimes need. Jane’s hair? Me, every day, but I am not nearly as adorable wearing it.

5. Debbie July 14, 2016 at 8:52 am #

Hi! I’ve been reading your blog for quite a while, though I don’t think I’ve ever commented. I SOO enjoy it. So many beautiful quilts, ideas etc. Just wanted to say congratulations on your baby. She is just adorable, and your right, totally rocks that hair. My oldest son had the same thing going on. I could slick it down with lotion and it came right back up, lol. He’s 43 now and shaves his head, lol. Enjoy your day, and that sweet baby…it goes soo fast!

• Allison July 14, 2016 at 12:52 pm #

Thanks Debbie! I’m the worst commenter EVER on other blogs. 😉 I hope she’ll keep that stick up straight hair…because she’ll have amazing volume if she does! 😉 Have a great day!

6. ioleen kimmel July 14, 2016 at 9:38 am #

Love the quilt. Jane is a darling! She has a very confident look on her little face. The hair will never be an issue. Enjoy every minute cuz it does go fast.

7. dispack July 14, 2016 at 10:17 am #

Oh wow, what a babe and what a great quilt! and yes Kathy is so very awesome, I know her personally and what be like her!

• dispack July 14, 2016 at 10:18 am #

want

• Allison July 14, 2016 at 12:52 pm #

She is the sweetest I agree!

8. Kathy July 14, 2016 at 10:45 am #

So many beautiful pictures in this post! Quilt, baby, rocking punk hair! Love it all!

9. Tamie July 14, 2016 at 11:29 am #

She is beautiful and so is the quilt. My granddaughter had that lovely hair and now at almost three has beautiful hair that everyone envies. And yes, it finally laid down.

10. Marlene July 14, 2016 at 12:34 pm #

Jane is so adorable as is the quilt. Love the aqua.

11. Diane W. July 14, 2016 at 12:38 pm #

The quilt is cute, but Jane is a doll!!! I think I just found the perfect quilt to make with my Daysail scraps!

• Allison July 14, 2016 at 12:53 pm #

It would be darling in Daysail!!!

12. Linda at Roscoe's Ma July 14, 2016 at 1:13 pm #

Jane’s a keeper!! Sweeter than a Holmes Co. cream stick!!! :o) Pretty nice quilt too!

13. Little Quiltsong July 14, 2016 at 1:26 pm #

The quilt is cute and cuddly looking and your little one is even cuter and cuddlier :)! Our second child also had hair like that, but only for a short period – special memories. Enjoy!!

14. Vicky France July 14, 2016 at 2:48 pm #

Love your blog too Alison. I used Kathy to quilt one of my quilts after seeing her lovely work on your blog previously- her first international customer-whoop! She really is a lovely person making the whole thing a complete joy! Love the beautiful quilt she has made for Jane, especially the loopty loops.

15. Paulette Doyle July 14, 2016 at 6:53 pm #

OMGosh! What a cutie-patootie!! Love the quilt too! :o))

16. Adele Fitz July 14, 2016 at 7:49 pm #

our bub has the same hair. we found a tee-shirt that said ‘crazy hair, don’t care!’ she’s lovely x

17. aquilterstable July 14, 2016 at 8:55 pm #

Absolutely precious!!

18. Charlotta Bright Norby July 14, 2016 at 10:07 pm #

Cute little quilt by Kathy; adorable little Jane by you!

19. Kellie July 14, 2016 at 10:51 pm #

Jane looks a lot like Ben…. in my opinion. Love the wild hair… look out world!

20. Mary July 14, 2016 at 11:01 pm #

A beautiful baby but maybe she doesn’t like you talking about her hair. That second picture showed a different facial expression – still beautiful though.

21. Helen LeBrett July 15, 2016 at 12:36 am #

That was a great baby quilt: I love the idea of the little squares and the rest of it being plain. That way you don’t mind making a baby quilt that you know is going to be washed a million times!! 🙂 And little Jane is so cute! I love the rolls on her arms! My oldest had plenty of those too! 🙂 Nothing better than a well fed baby! 🙂 Hugs, H

22. Paige July 15, 2016 at 3:55 am #

Both are so sweet, just precious! I’ve never had that much volume, natural or otherwise!

23. Cindy July 15, 2016 at 3:57 am #

How sweet of a gift- that quilt is adorable and I love that aqua!! And little Jane couldn’t be any cuter!! Loving her hair- and I agree- she rocks it!!:) Have a wonderful weekend!

24. alejandra July 15, 2016 at 4:59 am #

What a lovely baby quilt, love the colors, the quilting is so well made, love your girls hair! she is so cute.

25. Rosemaryflower July 15, 2016 at 6:33 am #

JUST adorable. sweet colors.
    Jane is so adorable too, My second daughter, Lizzie, had hair like that. It stuck straight up.
    Once it gets longer it will settle, but sometimes it does make you laugh, Take lots of side view pictures of that, Hilarious. and of course so exciting when they start eating food and squashing it in their hair. hahahaha Lizzie used to get so mad when I would have to wash her hair out after meals…. there has to be a better way…. a tiny shower hat?
    Enjoy your sweet little flower. They do grow soo soooo fast

26. happyquiltingmelissa July 15, 2016 at 6:56 am #

Love the quilt, and Love, Love, Love the Hair!!! So adorable 😉

27. pennylanequilts July 15, 2016 at 7:03 am #

Love everything about the quilt! I usually have a big stack of 2.5″ squares just looking for a home. Your model is so sweet, too!

28. Linda July 15, 2016 at 8:13 am #

I love that quilt. Aqua is my favorite color (since childhood) and the navy, pink and white are perfect with it. And that precious baby! She is so adorable and I agree that she rocks the hair!

29. from the Bellfry July 15, 2016 at 1:39 pm #

Jane is just too adorable! The quilt is so sweet, but looks best with Jane included!

30. Ompompali July 16, 2016 at 5:03 am #

Oh what a cutie – I couldn’t help smiling all over when I saw her. Wish you all lots of fun and joy together!

31. Susan July 16, 2016 at 6:06 am #

Awwww – enjoy your time with her! Yes, it all goes by in the blink of an eye!

32. Marianne July 16, 2016 at 10:18 am #

Jane looks so much like my daughter did! It’s uncanny! Especially the hair! Love it!

33. Pam July 16, 2016 at 4:01 pm #

Swee baby….that look says,” how could you say that about this rockin’ hair!!”

34. Peg Aront July 18, 2016 at 8:25 am #

OMG, look at that face and CRAZY hair…..I LOVE it!
    The quilt is gorgeous and perfect for Jane!

Congratulations on the baby!

Peggy in NJ

35. sara July 18, 2016 at 1:22 pm #

Oh gosh baby Jane is adorable….love the quilt too! Yes they grow up too fast!

36. Rebecca Grace July 19, 2016 at 5:33 am #

It’s a darling quilt, but your precious Jane is the star of this post. Love, LOVE her punk rocker hair! She’s perfect. I hope you are doing well, getting plenty of rest, and enjoying every moment of this new life in your nest.

37. Linda July 24, 2016 at 8:53 am #

oh that face! Love the crazy hair! My youngest had crazy hair and she now has the most gorgeous hair, trust me -it gets better 😉

38. quiltingmod July 29, 2016 at 5:53 pm #

Oh my! Jane is so precious. And you are right; she totally rocks the voluptuous hair.

39. Michelle Kupreisis August 1, 2016 at 5:44 am #

Love the quilt and the quilting. Jane has gotten so big and she is such a cutie! Enjoy this time.

40. Mary Jane August 14, 2016 at 5:17 am #

Jane is such a beautiful baby and so happy, congratulations!