One Way

One Way Quilt Pattern, Cluck Cluck Sew

The sun came out!  My husband loves when the sun comes out…it means I haul all my quilts around and he gets to hold them up for photos.  Just kidding he hates it.  😉  Can you spot the hazy Mt. Rainier in the picture?

I’m sharing my One Way quilt and pattern today.  If Pow Wow had a little brother it would be this pattern.  It has a very similar look, but is constructed differently and without sashing (yay!).  Between the two I’d say this one is easier, and I like the look of the arrows against each other.

One Way Quilt Pattern, Cluck Cluck Sew

The fabrics are mostly from the Cotton and Steel Bluebird collection with some other basics thrown in.

One Way Quilt Pattern, Cluck Cluck Sew

The pattern has 5 size options, and also includes instructions on the back page to make an all print version like the baby quilt below.

One Way Quilt Pattern, Cluck Cluck Sew

One Way Quilt Pattern, Cluck Cluck Sew

It’s a bit more work to layout so I wouldn’t recommend making an all print version like this in a large size, but you could make the solid background version with different low volume prints or one color prints and it would look just as amazing.

The prints in this pink version are almost all from Heather Ross for Windham Fabrics, with some basics thrown in from my stash.

One Way Quilt Pattern, Cluck Cluck Sew

Pink and yellow make me happy!   The pattern is in my shop

One Way Quilt Pattern, Cluck Cluck Sew

My newborn baby Jane turned ONE this week!

How how how did one year already fly by?!!!!!   My heart…I seriously can’t take it you guys!  She just keeps growing!

27 Responses to One Way

1. Little Quiltsong May 30, 2017 at 3:49 am #

Love this pattern – it is beautiful – and no sashes :)! Little Jane already 1 – Happy Birthday Jane!

2. Renee May 30, 2017 at 7:01 am #

She’s just precious! I love the pattern. Thanks!

3. Jocelyn May 30, 2017 at 7:02 am #

I love the pink version! Great pattern.

4. GreenBayTina May 30, 2017 at 7:15 am #

Love this quilt, and I’m seeing it in Washington, having just flown over Mt. Rainier. I usually read your posts from Wisconsin. Thanks for your creativity.

5. Judy B May 30, 2017 at 2:30 pm #

I’m really drawn to this quilt, both versions. Your beautiful Jane has hair! Our great granddaughter, Bella will be 1 on July 7th, so they are only a month apart and she has nearly no hair. Just a bit of strawberry blond fuzz, Guess it’s less work for Mama, though.

6. quiltfairy33 May 30, 2017 at 2:59 pm #

Haha, my husband “loves” holding up my quilts for photos too. But yours doesn’t bunch up the corners! I have several of your patterns and have to say, they are the best written ones I’ve ever used. Cute baby!

7. Vicki May 30, 2017 at 4:07 pm #

“Oh, just some basics from my stash … that I designed myself … NBD.” 🙂

• Allison May 31, 2017 at 6:54 pm #

I laughed out loud at this Vicki! 🙂

8. Claudia May 30, 2017 at 5:15 pm #

I was going to go on and on about “One Way” and then I saw Jane…no…I’m in love with that baby!!! She is adorable!!!
    (I do like “One Way” too!)

9. Judyk May 30, 2017 at 5:59 pm #

I can’t tell you the joy we have had watching baby Jane grow, we absolutely love her hair! If her personality matches her hair she must be a joy to be around.

10. jennifer ziehl vacca May 30, 2017 at 7:03 pm #

Happy Birthday Sweet Baby Jane!!! How did that happen?? Seriously though, what a sweetie!

11. Jean May 31, 2017 at 4:33 am #

Happy Birthday Sweet Jane! She is precious!! And your quilt! Wonderful! You make the best patterns ever!! Thank you! -Jean

12. Marianne May 31, 2017 at 4:49 am #

I think having kids magnifies time! I know when I look back at Before Daughter and After Daughter the perception is really different. Then again, the older you get, the quicker time goes! I better quit! Jane’s a cutie. She looks like such a happy baby.

13. Rosemaryflower May 31, 2017 at 6:24 am #

Jane is so cute. I love the quilt both ways, really love the colors.
    I just won a charm pack of Hello Jane from Wendy Shepherd. I am so excited
    Happy Birthday dear baby. Time does go way too fast.

14. kathy o May 31, 2017 at 7:48 am #

My heart signs with pink & yellow together, too. LOVE this pattern! You just keep nailing it! Little Jane – what a little dolly!

15. farmhousequiltsblog May 31, 2017 at 9:18 am #

Wow, I cannot believe that Jane is 1 already! Enjoy every precious moment…time goes so fast. Your quilt pattern looks great. I can see it done in so many colorways for different recipients.

16. Lori B May 31, 2017 at 9:43 am #

Your quilts are great! I can sew from a pattern to make skirts and dresses and such, but I have never quilted. Would you consider this pattern a do-able starter? I love the way it looks!

• Lori B May 31, 2017 at 9:47 am #

Just read – “One Way has a different construction method and is good for beginners” on the pattern description. Thanks! And congrats on your babe’s arrival in toddlerhood! 🙂

17. sara May 31, 2017 at 10:47 am #

I LOVE the pattern! Your little one Jane is a 1 year old already shes adorable, gosh time flies. Enjoy every minute of it, I should know my children are all grown up…but we have a grand baby on the way and it’s a girl, yay!!! I enjoy reading your blog thanks for sharing!

18. Angela May 31, 2017 at 7:30 pm #

Oh, I love this one! And she’s adorable. I’m surprised you were able to sit her next to a plate of cupcakes and be able to take a picture without her hand in them. 🙂

• Allison June 4, 2017 at 3:07 pm #

She did manage one good handful of frosting right after i took this shot. 😉

19. Susan June 1, 2017 at 6:40 am #

Happy Birthday to little Jane – yes, the time flies by way too fast! As usual, love all your quilts and tutorials – thanks so much!

20. Melanie June 4, 2017 at 8:39 am #

Love the third picture. And the pattern looks fun. Always good to have some pinned inspiration when the next baby quilt wants to be put together.

21. jesusknowsmyname June 5, 2017 at 6:26 am #

I love the pink/yellow quilt. And Jane… aww, so sweet. What a lovely little human bundle to hug and kiss.

22. Cheryl June 5, 2017 at 5:29 pm #

What? Already?!

• Allison June 5, 2017 at 8:56 pm #

You and me both…fastest year ever! Hope you are doing well it’s been too long since I’ve seen you!!!

23. madalin stunt cars June 7, 2017 at 8:44 pm #

Oh that’s lovely! And yes I know what you mean about the books – there are some I can’t start without knowing that I’ve time to finish, even though I already know the story back to front!!