Mini Pumpkins

Mini Pumpkins Quilt Pattern

It’s no surprise that I could hardly wait to make a mini version of the Pumpkins pattern!

I decided to make this mini a little bigger than my other minis.  It measures 23 1/2″ x 29″ finished, so it makes a perfect wall hanging by itself without being too small.

Mini Pumpkins Quilt Pattern

I used the same background as I did with my larger Pumpkin quilt, the Moda Crossweave in Grey Graphite.  I thought it might be a little tricky to use with these little pieces, but I starched it a few times before cutting and it prevented a lot of the stretching.

Mini Pumpkins Quilt Pattern

I don’t hand bind very often anymore, but it looks so much better on minis.  Wonder Clips are my best friend when hand binding!

Mini Pumpkins Quilt Pattern

The Mini Pumpkins pattern is in my shop here as PDF, or here as a Paper Version.

It almost makes me a little excited for fall…almost.  🙂

Mini Pumpkins Quilt Pattern

19 Responses to Mini Pumpkins

1. Karen Gregory June 14, 2017 at 3:07 pm #

As always, love your quilts. Love the pic of Jane on Instagram. She is growing “very” fast!

2. Linda June 14, 2017 at 6:14 pm #

so cute!

3. Helen LeBrett June 14, 2017 at 6:38 pm #

I love your mini pumpkins: so smart to think of that background, It makes the pumpkins shine!! Hugs, H

4. Claudia June 14, 2017 at 8:00 pm #

Those are so cute!!!

5. Bette June 14, 2017 at 8:46 pm #

Can’t wait to start working on this mini pumpkin quilt!!!

6. Kim B. June 14, 2017 at 11:31 pm #

ok I have a total crush on these pumpkins!!!!

7. Kay June 15, 2017 at 1:55 am #

Super cute, I love minis, a fantastic result in less than half the time of a full quilt. A great way to try a design too. x

8. Little Quiltsong June 15, 2017 at 3:40 am #

Love this mini! Looking forward to making it and hanging it up in our front foyer when the Fall season arrives again. It will match the big pumpkin quilts that I finished last year – after Autumn was over 🙂 – so they are now ready to go.

9. divamomcarol June 15, 2017 at 4:35 am #

Being the rebel that I am, I may make Apples! – I just know you wouldn’t mind! 🍎🍏

10. Hedy Hahn June 15, 2017 at 7:14 am #

Your mini quilt is cute, but it reminds me of fall and I’m really into summer right now. Cute wall hanging.

11. Jennifer Erickson June 15, 2017 at 12:36 pm #

So cute as a mini!! I am sort of working on the full size pumpkin quilt. Maybe by the time this autumn rolls around?!

12. Terri Larson June 16, 2017 at 3:39 am #

Let’s have summer first. Love the mini quilt.

13. Kelsey June 16, 2017 at 7:11 am #

Ahhhh so cute!!! I need to make one. Better yet I will come steal this one in a few weeks… 😂

14. Lauren June 16, 2017 at 9:17 am #

I was thinking ahead to future projects and thought it might be nice to make a pumpkin quilt for my niece. hmmm…wasn’t there a cute pattern on cluckclucksew? Imagine my surprise when I logged in and saw you had just done another tutorial on a pumpkin quilt! I plan to make it twin XL.

15. Sonia Herdman June 23, 2017 at 8:59 pm #

I love this mini quilt!! I have the other pattern for the big quilt. I really want to make. But I may just make this mini😉 I have a 3 month old baby😊 Can you share the background please

• Allison June 29, 2017 at 12:57 pm #

The background is moda crossweave in Graphite grey…I think I linked it in the post. Thanks!

16. Beverly Phillips August 29, 2017 at 11:25 am #

I just purchased this pattern, are there any pattern updates?
    Can’t wait to make this one!

• Allison September 7, 2017 at 1:16 pm #

Nope! No pattern updates or changes. 🙂

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Link Love: Baking, Laughing & the Perfect Yellow Print - GnomeAngel - June 18, 2017

[…] I’m also adding “hunt for the perfect yellow printed fabric” to the list today. Do you have any favourite yellow prints? I’m going to enjoy hunting the internet looking for just the right fabric, it’s my favourite part of what I do. (Well one of the favourite parts!) Guess I’d better get to it if I want a chance of finishing today’s to-do list! Wishing you a super fabulous week filled with love, laughter and fabric fondling! I’m making pumpkin fruit cake today (here’s the recipe I use) and so I thought it fitting to share that Cluck Cluck Sew has a new pumpkin mini quilt pattern for sale. Click here to read more. […]