Simplify

Simplify quilt, a jelly roll pattern in 5 sizes

I. Love. This. Quilt.

This is my new pattern is called Simplify, and it is so much fun to put together!  If you’ve ever made my Basket Case pattern, this one goes together in the same way.  It’s a trick for the eye, without any tricky partial seams to mess with, and lovely nesting seams throughout (woohoo!!!).

Simplify quilt, a jelly roll pattern in 5 sizes

Simplify quilt, a jelly roll pattern in 5 sizes

You can make the Throw size version from one jelly roll (40 pre-cut 2 1/2″ strips), or use yardage cut into strips (instructions in the pattern).  I made a “jelly roll” for this quilt by cutting up strips from the Rifle Paper Co. fabric line Amalfi, then adding in some matching basics until I had enough strips.

Simplify Quilt Pattern

Kaitlyn quilted this with a baptist fan quilting pattern, it’s timeless and it adds so much movement!   One thing I love about this pattern is how easily it works with masculine fabrics, more feminine prints like these, or even playful fabrics for a modern crib quilt.

It’s just a versatile, easy pattern I know I’m going to be making many many more of.

Simplify quilt, a jelly roll pattern in 5 sizes

You can find this new pattern in my shop here as a PDF pattern, or here as a Paper pattern

Use the coupon code SUMMER for 20% off everything off in my shop through the weekend.

Simplify Quilt Pattern, Jelly roll pattern in 5 sizes

Speaking of cute things I love….my Jane turned 2 a couple of weeks ago.  2!  I feel like I just had a baby (in more ways than one if you know what I mean!).  She is pure joy…and she has more stubbornness and willpower than my older 3 kids combined.  ;)

Also if you would like to sign up to receive new posts by email you can do that here or click the link below.  I changed my email delivery service a few months ago and it seems some people stopped getting the emails.  If you are missing them, try signing up again or check your spam (and I’ll try posting more often so you can see if they actually work!).

Click here to sign up for new posts to be delivered to your email inbox.

I’ll have a few more quilts to share this week…so more soon!

37 Responses to Simplify

1. Jamie June 12, 2018 at 6:49 am #

I love this pattern! It would make the perfect wedding quilt.

• Allison June 12, 2018 at 9:02 am #

It would make a fabulous wedding quilt!!

2. Tracey June 12, 2018 at 6:55 am #

Beautiful! You tricked me into buying it this morning! Have a great day!!

• Allison June 12, 2018 at 9:03 am #

Haha Tracey….I’m sorry not sorry! This is a fun one to sew!

3. Linda K. Smith June 12, 2018 at 7:55 am #

Your new pattern is so attractive. Very creative!

4. Hettie Pringle June 12, 2018 at 8:04 am #

Just purchased the PDF pattern. Been in somewhat of a quilting slump and here you got me going again. Thanks!

• Allison June 12, 2018 at 9:03 am #

Oh man I know the feeling…I’m glad you’re feeling inspired now!

5. Monica June 12, 2018 at 8:07 am #

Love, love, love this! Thank you for the sale! Yay!

• Allison June 12, 2018 at 9:04 am #

You’re welcome and thank you!

6. Kat Scribner June 12, 2018 at 8:11 am #

Love the quilting on this one! I need to figure out the stitching path …. like a baptist fan, but straight=up

• Allison June 12, 2018 at 9:04 am #

Isn’t it pretty quilting? It adds so much to it!

7. lanagordonrast June 12, 2018 at 8:44 am #

So pretty!

8. Kathy June 12, 2018 at 8:47 am #

This is so cool! I’m excited to make it and grateful for the sale price! Maybe now I can use up a few jelly rolls that are sitting patiently in my stash!

• Allison June 12, 2018 at 9:05 am #

Yay for using up some jelly rolls! I have a few long lost jelly rolls I need to use up too.

9. Sheila Otte June 12, 2018 at 9:12 am #

Beautiful quilt and the quilting just gives it life and texture…love it! And Jane…sorry, but that mischievous look just steals the show once again. But then I love kids with spirit and spunk.

• Allison June 12, 2018 at 1:35 pm #

Jane can steal the show any day!

10. happyquiltingmelissa June 12, 2018 at 9:19 am #

This is such a fun design!!! I just love it!!!

11. Roseanna Jakubowski June 12, 2018 at 10:00 am #

This was serendipitous. For weeks I have been looking for a pattern for a wedding quilt for my daughter. She adores Japanese fabrics and I have amassed quite a collection over the years for her. This pattern is absolutely Perfect. And, you also gave all the info for a king size which is what I need to make. A couple weeks ago I fell in love with a background fabric and bought 7 yards. Yay!! I am all set and oh so very happy. This is my first experience ordering a PDF pattern online. I thought I had to have Paypal to order. I was unsure at first but I took the plunge. This was a fantastic experience. I am sold. I have admired your work and blog for quite awhile. Thank you!

• Allison June 12, 2018 at 1:36 pm #

This is a perfect quilt for those fabrics!! It will be amazing! If you have any trouble ordering it shoot me an email and I can help you…and no you don’t need Paypal I have a secure checkout right on my site. :) Happy quilting and congrats to your daughter!!

12. Jude Jones June 12, 2018 at 10:37 am #

I love this pattern Allison! I miss you! Jane is adorable! Thanks for all you do! ~Jude

• Allison June 12, 2018 at 1:36 pm #

Thank you Jude!!! I hope you are doing well!!!

13. Linda in Texas June 12, 2018 at 12:16 pm #

Well I bought the first three that came up. I was fairly certain I didn’t have those 3 (Simplify obviously Color Pop and Going Up) – I’m too lazy at the moment to go through my patterns and see what I don’t have yet. I have been buying your patterns for years but now I’m going to go through my many notebooks and separate yours so I can see what I really, truly have. Your style is always such an upper. We talk about you and your patterns every time the group meets (which is every Monday) and your patterns always start a great conversation.

(P.S. and I’ll babysit Jane for free – you just get her to Texas!)

• Allison June 12, 2018 at 1:37 pm #

Haha Linda…I just listed them yesterday so nope you for sure don’t have them! Thank you so much and I’m jealous it sounds like you have a wonderful group to meet and sew with on Mondays!!! If only I lived in Texas!!! :)

14. Helen LeBrett June 12, 2018 at 4:25 pm #

Love this quilt!! I can see it in masculine prints, like you said,or feminine prints. It’s going to be a keeper!! And Jane: It does seem like she was just born! I remember the hair!! :-) She does look like a little firecracker! Happy birthday to her! Hugs, H in Healdsburg

15. cawalkden June 12, 2018 at 6:39 pm #

Thanks so much for the discount, love all of your patterns, bought two of them tonight!

• Allison June 12, 2018 at 7:39 pm #

You are welcome and thank you! I hope you have fun sewing with them!

16. divamomcarol June 12, 2018 at 7:12 pm #

Do you have a favorite “solid” line you prefer? I usually purchase Kona but have heard wonderful things about American Made and Hawthorne threads has a line as well. Can’t wait to make this! thank you and happy summer.!

• Allison June 12, 2018 at 7:38 pm #

I usually stick with Kona and Bella Solids because of the huge color variety. I have tried both the American made solids and the Hawthorne threads line…I wasn’t thrilled with the Hawthorne threads line but I love their other prints and I LOOOOVE their minky fabrics. They are the best and the softest!

17. Rebecca Barlow June 13, 2018 at 5:24 am #

Beautiful quilt! Love the C&S fabrics you used, the pattern, AND the quilting!

18. Diane Evans June 14, 2018 at 7:45 am #

LOVE some of the fabrics in this quilt! I wish I could buy your scraps! :) Jane is darling and so reminds me of my little who is 2.5 yrs. They resemble each other a lot!

19. Virginia June 18, 2018 at 3:59 am #

I, too, love this quilt. One question: What thread color did you use when quilting the fan design? It seems to “disappear” even when used on the multi-colored prints.

• Allison June 18, 2018 at 8:37 am #

It’s just white thread, I’m not sure what type but it does seem to blend nicely. I would guess it’s superior thread or aurifil.

20. Eleanor June 18, 2018 at 3:11 pm #

Such a lovely quilt and a delight to make! Your directions are so easy to follow. Thank you!

• Allison June 18, 2018 at 7:19 pm #

Did you already start this one Eleanor?! I’d love to see it if you did, I haven’t seen one made up yet besides my own and my tester! I’m so glad you found the directions easy…I re-wrote them about 6 times trying to make them easy enough to understand!!

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Going Up | Cluck Cluck Sew - June 14, 2018

[…] you for all the Simplify love!  It’s my favorite quilt I’ve made in a long time, so I was excited to share it […]