I have these blocks sewn up and stuck to my design wall (a.k.a. a piece of flannel…classy). After I was finished sewing up all the blocks and feeling all great about my quick quilt…I realized I had sewn 19 extra hourglass blocks, and cut 10 too few elephant blocks. How in the heck I did that I have no idea…and to top it off I had just used up the rest of the elephant fabric making bean bags that my son will throw at me.
Luckily after some re-arranging and re-sizing it all got worked out. I had two circles leftover from using the accuquilt cutter to stick in it….and I actually like the way it looks even more. I’m taking this little “miscalculation” as I sign that I need more sleep. A lot more. :)