Last week sure got away from me…the days go by too fast to spend time sitting at the computer writing blog posts!
This was such a fun quilt to make…simple quilts like this never disappoint.
I cut 84 - 2 ½" strips from my stash, then sewed them into pairs and cut them into 8" strips without pressing first. Then I sewed the strip sets together until they were in rows of 34 – 2 ½" strips each. After all 12 of my rows were done I pressed the seams of each row in alternating directions to create locking seams…so all those seams fit together like butter…or margarine…there were a few that didn’t cooperate.
The size is 68" x 90", twin size.
Speaking of Boy 2 he got a haircut (this is pre-haircut…luckily). I put it off because I hate cutting his hair…it’s Mom torture.
I’d rather scrub out my oven and your oven than give him a haircut.
Today I am scrubbing out my oven…and the entire house in preparation to move on Friday. I can think of 100000 things I’d rather do…except give haircuts to squirmy 2 year olds.
We are moving back to Seattle…where hopefully we’ll stay for a looooooooooooooooong time!!!