I sewed this top up yesterday and we took it out on a bike ride this morning to photograph. The sun was bright as you can see! I’m really happy with how this quilt came together…instead of all white background squares I made 7 blocks with a light gray background to mix it up a bit. The colors are all soft and muted except for some bright pops of orange, navy, and green.
The trickiest part of this quilt is matching the seams in the end…and the seams don’t nest or lock…so I pin the seams as I sew to help them match up a bit better.
The fabrics are a wide variety from my stash, and the pattern is Basket Case. I modified the pattern a bit as mentioned at the bottom of my last post.
And if you weren’t already feeling a little fall in the air:
we’ve got a little (or a lot) of orange in the garden already!