Fall Tumbler Quilt

While I was going through my fabric I decided I have enough odd-sized pieces of fabric to make a fall-ish quilt.  It’s definitely full of a big variety of fabrics, but it makes it fun so I’m going with it.  I decided on a tumbler quilt after I saw Nettie’s.

I used the Accuquilt Go Cutter to cut the tumbler shapes and it went together easy.  There’s no doubt this is one colorful quilt!

26 Responses to Fall Tumbler Quilt

1. Kimberly November 16, 2010 at 5:10 pm #

It's great! How will you border/finish it? Just curious… I've been eyeing that die!

2. kim November 16, 2010 at 5:24 pm #

That's gorgeous! I love your colour choices. I made a tumbler quilt years ago and an accuquilt go cutter would have been very handy to have. I cut the sides flush to make it easy to bind as I was a beginner back then. Actually, I probably would do the same thing today. No patience, ha ha. I can't wait to see how you quilt and bind it. What size is yours?

3. Amanda November 16, 2010 at 6:23 pm #

So pretty! Love the tumbler shape and fabrics are so lovely and colorful!

4. Dionne November 16, 2010 at 7:08 pm #

Nice quilt! I think I must have made a dozen tumbler quilts when I first got my cutting system. We must all go through that!
    Cheers,
    Dionne

5. live a colorful life November 16, 2010 at 7:23 pm #

No cutter, but I think I'd like to try the tumbler quilt anyway. Love the colors!

6. Diane November 16, 2010 at 7:39 pm #

Love the fabrics you used.

7. Christie, Describe Happy November 16, 2010 at 7:58 pm #

Really pretty! I love the pops of color and that shape really brings out the patterns!

8. Leslie November 16, 2010 at 7:59 pm #

this is so fun and i love all of the colors together

9. Carrie November 16, 2010 at 8:07 pm #

What a beautiful quilt. I love all the fabrics you selected.

10. Jamie Lee November 16, 2010 at 8:17 pm #

Wow, it's beautiful! Love it!

11. Jess November 16, 2010 at 8:34 pm #

the colors are perfect for that summer/fall transition, when the leaves are just starting to turn and there is still color everywhere! Which happens just this time of year here in Texas.

12. Lisa M. November 16, 2010 at 9:08 pm #

I've been wanting to do a tumbler quilt…hopefuly with a GO! (don't have one yet) Your quilt looks very cheerful and I love it!

13. Deb November 16, 2010 at 9:30 pm #

It's colorful, but oh, so nice. I've been wanting to do one of these quilts for a long time, but in more muted colors. Maybe one day I'll get a GO! so I have an easy time cutting out the pieces.

14. Terriaw November 16, 2010 at 10:54 pm #

This is a really fun quilt to look at! I love the movement those tumblers give it. And I love spying all those fun fabrics. Definitely have to have an Accuquilt Go Cutter to do one of these. Love it!

15. natasha | sohobutterfly November 17, 2010 at 5:15 am #

It's busy, but it TOTALLY works! Love it!!

16. Di2Quilt November 17, 2010 at 6:42 am #

I love it, especially the orange prints. They remind of tangerines!:) Accuquilt Go Cutter would have come in handy when I made my tumbler quilted bag. I called it my Hot and Spicy tote bag. Would love for you to come and take a peek! http://di2quilt.blogspot.com/2010_01_01_archive.html

Have a good day!

17. Lexi November 17, 2010 at 10:23 am #

I love your quilt! I like the way your colours always go together so well.

18. Drucilla's Stitches November 17, 2010 at 12:49 pm #

I love the fabric….perfect for Fall!! How long did it take to piece? I can't wait to see the binding. Thanks for sharing.

19. Crafty Gemini November 17, 2010 at 1:16 pm #

Gotta love bright colors! I made a tumbler quilt with my GO! too. You can see it here: http://craftygemini.blogspot.com/2010/09/go-accuquilt-go.html

20. Elsa November 17, 2010 at 2:49 pm #

All colors I just love, the whole year round too. Really great colors for living in the Pacific Northwest when it's cloudy and cold out.

21. savvy stitch November 17, 2010 at 6:59 pm #

Love those colors!

22. myrtovl November 17, 2010 at 11:25 pm #

It's a beautiful quilt. I always wanted to make a tumbler quilt. Could you share with us the size of the tumblers?
    Myrto
    myrtovl@gmail.com

23. The Smallest Sparrow November 18, 2010 at 2:52 am #

Love it! This is one of my favorite patterns. In fact, I have a photo of one of my scrappy tumbling blocks quilts in my blog header. I'm totally addicted to using scraps for quilts just like this. So cute!

24. houseonhilltop November 18, 2010 at 2:24 pm #

It's beautiful. Great colors for the season.

25. Emily Elizabeth November 19, 2010 at 12:16 am #

This is gorgeous – I've always wanted to make one, but without the GC, it would take forever to cut all those blocks!

26. Patricia Hodge January 25, 2011 at 3:32 am #

I love this quilt. I just bought a tumbler template from Missouri Star and I can't wait to try it. I need to get more scraps first. I want it to be made of mostly different fabrics like yours. I can't wait to try this.