We had a low key Valentines day where we barely left the house, put the kids to bed at 7, ordered in Chinese food, and watched movies and funny TV.  I even got to sew…and stare at these lovelies from Jay next to my machine:
Ben got a load of Valentines and candy that he downed within an hour…but since it was SUCH a nice day he spent the whole after noon playing outside with friends and eluded my camera.  Fresh air and sunshine was just what he needed.
And I snuggled with Ryan….and cleaned up after him…as he is now a semi-walking tornado of destruction.
Hope you had a nice one too!

P.S.S.   Just ignore the fact that I just used 38 …’s (dot dot dot’s) in this post….yikes. :)

26 Responses to yesterday

1. Petit Design Co. February 15, 2011 at 3:41 pm #

aack, such a cute picture of you and your baby!

2. Purple Quilter Queen February 15, 2011 at 3:48 pm #

Cute pic of you and Ryan!! Sounds like your Valentine's day was ideal! The flowers are beautiful too. Way to go Jay! Jenn

3. Kate February 15, 2011 at 3:51 pm #

I'm definitely addicted to the "…" myself, so I can sympathize. :)

4. Impera_Magna February 15, 2011 at 3:59 pm #

It sounds as if you had the perfect day yesterday…. and your little one is a cutie pie!

5. Amy February 15, 2011 at 4:01 pm #

Cute photo! I hope your friend told you that you deserve to be compensated for your time and talent. I hope when we see that pattern, it has a bit of a price tag attached… you're worth it!

6. Jessica @ Common Threads February 15, 2011 at 4:15 pm #

Ha ha . . . my son is a little tornado as well! His favorite thing is to empty all our drawers and cabinets. Wish he would put the stuff back in them, though!

7. Elena February 15, 2011 at 4:26 pm #

Love that block on your machine! Great way to use those elephants in a bright way.

8. lil red hen February 15, 2011 at 4:37 pm #

The photo is so sweet; he looks happy about it all. Your quilts are very pretty; I especially like the orange quilt and the basket case quilt. Your choices for linings are nice.

9. Lady Bird February 15, 2011 at 5:17 pm #

You look so beautiful in the picture with Ryan. It is so nice to see what people look like in real life. Your Valentine's Day sounds perfect to me.

10. Kirsten February 15, 2011 at 6:19 pm #

What a beautiful little boy! I'm 38 myself and I actually think the …'s are attatched! lol
    And you are no "jerk". Work is work… value it! Lol!
    From a fan in Norway!

11. beautifulladybird February 15, 2011 at 6:35 pm #

You look beautiful in the picture with Ryan. Your Valentine's Day sounds perfect to me.

12. Angela February 15, 2011 at 6:55 pm #

you two are adorable. :)

13. Kirsten Smith February 15, 2011 at 8:02 pm #

So cute! As an ellipses addict myself, your "…'s" are forgiven. 😉

14. angie February 15, 2011 at 8:29 pm #

You are just too cute! I can't wait to see what you are sewing up! I am sure it will be amazing!

15. Tracy February 15, 2011 at 9:47 pm #

I love your blog but I have a request… Can you add pictures to your RSS feed? I don't even know if you have the powers to do that but I would appreciate it! I like to read blogs from my reader. :)

16. The One and Only February 15, 2011 at 10:19 pm #

I really can't wait for that tutorial!! I so love that quilt, seriously!!

17. lifeinredshoes February 15, 2011 at 11:09 pm #

Cute pic, and when did that baby get so big:(

18. Jacqueline February 16, 2011 at 2:04 am #

Love the quilt and am MORE than happy to for the tutorial/pattern. Please keep us posted as to how to obtain it— soon, I hope! Sometimes simple designs are best… and this is one of those times!

19. momto2wasd February 16, 2011 at 2:58 am #

What a cute picture!

20. Donna Boucher February 16, 2011 at 4:06 am #

Yay! I am so happy to see the darling girl(and her baby) behind these colorful, beautiful quilts!

21. ali February 16, 2011 at 9:57 am #

Lovely pics! And thanks for the inspiring cards you posted on Sunday – gorgeous! Please could you tell me, is that lovely elephant fabric quilting weight? I love the print but can only find it in a heavier weight here in the UK and I don't know whether it would be OK for quilts?

22. TiLT February 16, 2011 at 1:39 pm #

Sounds like a great Vday to me :) And he has got to be the cutest tornado I have seen.
    And no worries about the tute…that one screams "pattern" more than tute to me :)

23. JCnNC February 16, 2011 at 2:37 pm #

Wonder what this says about us dot, dot, dot, " … " and have now taken to adding spaces between them. Surely there is some deep meaning – like "super creative" … "super supreme being". Let me know if you have any ideas on this. I also like (dashes) " – " a lot. Judy C just wondering

24. Amy E. February 16, 2011 at 3:40 pm #

…s are called ellipsis (here's more info from wikipedia). and i only counted 13, so you're good.

25. Katy February 16, 2011 at 4:04 pm #

I'm so glad you posted a photo of yourself! You and your little boy are as cute as buttons! (I love the mirror shots, I think having the dSLR in front of me makes me look thinner…not that you have to worry about that!)

26. Ange February 17, 2011 at 5:23 am #

Love the pic of the two of you! What a cutie!