I love the 4th of July

It’s a good thing too….because this quilt I cut out last night is unmistakably patriotic.
I used every last bit of my red/blue/grey fabrics and lots of scraps.  It’s always a little satisfying to completely use up my fabrics…it means they aren’t collecting dust.  Except then I have to buy more…which is never satisfying for my wallet.  Too bad its so much fun!

32 Responses to I love the 4th of July

1. Tiffany June 14, 2011 at 11:55 am #

I always feel sad to use up all of one of my fabrics – it makes me want to buy more to replace it on my shelf lol. I agree tho, fabric is to be used, not to collect dust… but its so hard to see that last FQ or charm square go.

2. shez June 14, 2011 at 12:00 pm #

beautiful fabrics

3. Alex Duenkel June 14, 2011 at 12:05 pm #

I love the 4th of July too!
    Can't wait to see what you make.

4. pangaloon June 14, 2011 at 12:27 pm #

Wow, what beautiful fabrics. I always look forward to your colourful posts.

5. randi June 14, 2011 at 12:51 pm #

loving these colors! especially the addition of the grey!

6. Mari Angeles Iglesias June 14, 2011 at 12:52 pm #

Hi Allison

I agree with you, I always like to finish fabrics because I did not buy spare, wasting money. And also because I have a reason to buy more.

Yesterday I saw the part of your blog dedicated to tutorials. It's great, thank you very much for having them there and let us visit.

Thank you.

Kisses from Granada, Spain, from espiralcaracola.blogspot.com
    "Patchwork from the Alpujarra"

7. Kim June 14, 2011 at 12:59 pm #

Are you making Camille's new pattern Swoon? It has been popping up a lot lately. I need to go buy that pattern!

8. Megan June 14, 2011 at 1:12 pm #

Hahaha, I always consider it a good thing to use up every last bit because then I can shop for more sans guilt. I'm excite to see what you make with that yummy stack of squares!

9. Kim-A Creative Spirit June 14, 2011 at 1:17 pm #

Loving how you arranged the scraps to even resemble a star…. Can't wait to see the final product.

10. DJ Rose June 14, 2011 at 2:03 pm #

Can't agree more. My post today was about getting rid of my fabric stash. :)

11. DJ Rose June 14, 2011 at 2:04 pm #

Beautiful colors by the way.

12. Kelli June 14, 2011 at 2:06 pm #

I haven't had time or creative mojo to quilt in so long I feel like I might need to get out the manual for my machine… :)
    I was all set to start a new quilt this morning, but now that I see your squares, I may have to pull some reds and blues too!

13. All Things Beautiful June 14, 2011 at 2:13 pm #

I can't wait to see the finished quilt. I am loving the colors.

14. Cameron H June 14, 2011 at 2:32 pm #

I'm gearing up to make a red, white, and blue quilt, too! Unfortunately, my day job doesn't slow down for the summer until July 8, but I'm hoping to at least pull some fabrics before the 4th. Thanks for the inspiration!

15. Linda June 14, 2011 at 2:39 pm #

those fabrics look so pretty together. Have fun!

16. Miss Sews-it-all June 14, 2011 at 3:13 pm #

Great fabrics! Your patriotic sewing post sparked memories of a bathing suit my mom sewed for me back in 1976, it had red and white stripes with blue stars!

17. Jenniffier June 14, 2011 at 4:00 pm #

Wonderful colors!

18. bethanndodd June 14, 2011 at 4:13 pm #

I really need to learn from you…I have WAY too much fabric collecting dust! Lovely fabrics…your quilt is sure to be fabulous. Smiles~Beth

19. Jenny June 14, 2011 at 4:44 pm #

Hmmmm I like to use up my fabrics in theory too but also just keep adding to the pile(s)! (bought 5 new designs today in fact – though they are really for a specific commission so must be allowed!) Looking forward to seeing your quilt evolve! Jenny xx

20. iluvmybugs June 14, 2011 at 6:37 pm #

Pretty colors…look forward to seeing what you create with them!!

21. ThirdMargaret June 14, 2011 at 8:38 pm #

I can't wait to see what you create; I love the 4th as well!

22. Lauren P June 14, 2011 at 8:44 pm #

I love those colors. Can't wait to see what you create!

23. a little bit biased June 14, 2011 at 8:59 pm #

Can't wait to see it. Looks like fun fabrics (I love scrap quilts). Have fun!

24. Live a Colorful Life June 14, 2011 at 9:46 pm #

Ooh, those fabrics look awesome together!

25. Theophanie June 15, 2011 at 12:19 am #

Me too! I just reserved a TON of turquoise and red fabrics. And, let me tell you, its going to hurt!

26. LuckyLou June 15, 2011 at 9:58 am #

Being born in July it just naturally happened that I, too, love red, white n blue!! I can't wait to see what your project will be!!

27. Truffle queen June 15, 2011 at 2:06 pm #

I can't wait to see what you end up with! Looks like fun!

28. Carol Dichmann June 15, 2011 at 6:17 pm #

I can't wait to see your finished product. I love what you said about fabric collecting dust and then you HAVE to buy more! ME TOO!!! I'm almost finished with the snowball table runner! I have to pace myself and sew after I've done a few chores……… It's really hard though!

29. Me? A Mom? June 15, 2011 at 10:40 pm #

oh my goodness. I cut out a very similar pile of fabrics last week for your juice box pattern. A friend loves aqua and red together. I also added gray to try to tone down the patriotic nature of it! Can't wait to see what you do with it.

30. Alex Findlay June 16, 2011 at 12:13 am #

Hi there. Great colour combo. Could you tell us the name of the lovely grey print with circular red dots please? It's beautiful.

31. Purple Quilter Queen June 21, 2011 at 2:47 pm #

Oh I can't wait to see this one come to life. Jenn

32. notes of sincerity June 24, 2011 at 9:47 pm #

please please please show us what you are working on :o)