Besides blogging I’ve…

Done oodles of crafts since Spring Break is in full swing…
Done some fabric shopping and got my first copy of this in the mail…

Pieced a baby quilt for my overdue niece (come on baby!)…

Spent many afternoons enjoying our beautiful weather…
Planted plants and started seeds…
Got strike-offs!
Made 3 birthday cakes, 1 cheesecake (this one is amazing) and 3 batches of cookies.
Our little family has 4 birthdays within 1 month…which means we are really bad at family planning…and really sick of cake.
So so so sick of cake.

58 Responses to Besides blogging I’ve…

1. Alisa April 4, 2013 at 12:08 am #

Cute post! I do believe we are enjoying the same wonderful weather. The fabric looks good (what I can see of it) and that's a very nice family photo! We were doing so, so well with birthdays around the calendar (not planned, but whatever) until our last two children. They were born on the same day! It has saved on cake and parties so far… :-)

Hopefully the weather stays good for you. My kids are back after a two week break. Sigh…

2. Linda at Roscoe's Ma April 4, 2013 at 12:09 am #

You have a book?!?! How did I miss that? Congratulations! The strike-offs look really good. My kids are all born in March and April too! Snow flakes again today in Ohio…l-o-n-g winter.

3. Colleen Potter April 4, 2013 at 12:10 am #

could you, um, just unfold that fabric a bit… I can't quite see enough of it. Only enough to get really, really interested.

oh, and that's such a nice picture of your family !
    (too much cake ??? never heard that before )

4. Auntie Pami April 4, 2013 at 12:14 am #

Hasn't the weather been amazing! our plum trees are in full pinkness. No seeds for me this year. Just planting many azaleas. Love the book, can't wait! And, need to check out your fabrics.

5. Naturally Carol April 4, 2013 at 12:16 am #

We have the same kind of birthday thing going in our family. We have birthdays…24 Jan, 9, 14, 24 Feb,3,11 March..then practically none all year!

6. Nurdan April 4, 2013 at 12:24 am #

Such a lovely family photo! And how did I miss your book??? Has it been published yet or will be published soon? Would love to have a copy myself. My little one is turning one late May and just before him, my brother, sister and nephew have birthdays too! By the way, great fabrics. I wish you unfolded them a little bit for us :) Love you and your work…

7. Melanie@Crafty Cupboard April 4, 2013 at 12:42 am #

Happy Belated birthday!

8. Missy Shay April 4, 2013 at 12:47 am #

I knew a family who both parents and all 3 kids' birthdays were in Dec.!

9. Judith Blinkenberg April 4, 2013 at 12:49 am #

Oh, I can hardly wait for the book and for fabric? Wow what a great spring I am going to have. Love your pictures. I had birthdays in Nov. Dec. Jan. Wish mine were the age of yours again.

10. ✾Jamie Lee Cooley✾ April 4, 2013 at 12:50 am #

What a sweet family! You sure have been busy–a book and a line of fabric–wow!

11. allison April 4, 2013 at 12:53 am #

I'm glad we aren't all in December Shay…that would be sweets and gifts overload! :)

12. Carla April 4, 2013 at 1:02 am #

Can't wait to get my hands on that book ; ) your family is lovely

13. Kelli April 4, 2013 at 1:08 am #

What a fun post. I see you're keeping busy. Sweet family photos, and yummy yummy fabric!

14. Cindy April 4, 2013 at 1:23 am #

How exciting about your book and fabric! Congrats! I love your patterns so I'm sure the book will be wonderful! Love the sweet picture of your family!

15. The Gaertegang Homestead April 4, 2013 at 1:33 am #

I understand completely! 3 of my four child have birthdays two weeks apart:May 15, May 26, June 11…..tired of cake by the end! Cute Family photo ❤

16. Jocelyn April 4, 2013 at 1:40 am #

The fabric looks lovely! Can't wait to get my hands on it and your book. I myself have never heard such a thing as too much cake but I suppose too much of anything probably gets old.

17. Erica April 4, 2013 at 1:44 am #

How did I miss the news about your book! I need to get that preordered 😉

18. lovespunstudio April 4, 2013 at 1:44 am #

I get all swoony over all of your lovely posts! And I am almost positive that this is the very first photo that I've ever seen of you too. Adorable for sure! And those triangles…I may have to attempt one soon! <3

19. lovespunstudio April 4, 2013 at 1:44 am #

20. Three Sisterz April 4, 2013 at 1:45 am #

Thanks for the sneak peek of your fabric and the cover of your book! Especially love the picture of your family!
    Great post!

21. yeissen April 4, 2013 at 2:15 am #

Happy Birthday yesterday!!! We're a family of four and 3 of our birthdays are also within a month!!! I have a son that was born on March 27th too!!! See… We should be best friends! 😉

22. Crafty Mama April 4, 2013 at 2:22 am #

Love love love the colors in the quilt for your niece. Thanks! I've been inspired.

23. natalie christensen April 4, 2013 at 2:44 am #

Wow you have been busy. Such a cute family. You are doing amazing things:-)

24. traceyjay April 4, 2013 at 2:46 am #

Happy Birthday!
    Beautiful projects here. :)
    And strike-offs? Did I miss an announcement about a fabric line? (will have to go check)
    We're terrible at family planning too, but for different reasons. We had our kids during my hubs' planting and harvest seasons. 90+ hour weeks. What was I thinking?

25. Live a Colorful Life April 4, 2013 at 2:49 am #

Happy birthday! sO excited for the book and the fabric!!

26. nettie April 4, 2013 at 3:05 am #

I want some cake.

27. Jennie April 4, 2013 at 4:57 am #

Happy belated birthday! I feel your pain – I have four birthdays (3 of which are in the same week), so you aren't the only ones horrible at family planning!

Hope it was a great day, even if you are so sick of cake!

28. Cynthia April 4, 2013 at 5:34 am #

You have been so busy! That is hilarious that all of your birthdays are lumped together! Lol

29. Handmade by Hanki April 4, 2013 at 7:18 am #

Lovely post :) I will never get sick of cakes :) I don't eat them every day just make them :) (at work) :))

30. Diane-crewe April 4, 2013 at 7:44 am #

from May 21 to June 16 we have 9 birthdays …. NEVER get sick of cake!! Lovely fabrics xx good work x.. that baby here yet? You could have a cake to celebrate the birth xxlol x

31. Jeanette April 4, 2013 at 10:44 am #

Your book looks awesome, I will be adding that to my quilt book collection!

32. trish April 4, 2013 at 11:45 am #

Wishing your family the happiest birthdays! Wow, four in a months time. Your home must be so much fun! :o)
    My dad and I shared our birthday which often falls on Mother's Day (this year it does). :o) We always shared a cake. :o)
    I can't wait for your fabric line! A huge congratulations! :o)
    Love little miss Sophie's two teeth!
    Too cute!! :o)

33. April 4, 2013 at 12:10 pm #

Cute post. What is amazing is that if you check, many families seem to have birthdays which fall in groups. I can so relate though!

34. Melissa Corry April 4, 2013 at 1:30 pm #

Sounds like it has been a fantastic spring break. Your children are so adorable!! So excited for your new line. I hope I get to see it at market??

35. Sharon April 4, 2013 at 2:39 pm #

Happy late birthday! I know what you mean about being sick of cake. Our family has 3 birthdays and an anniversary in the last two weeks of January.

36. Sandy April 4, 2013 at 2:47 pm #

We know what you guys were doing every June! LOL. Beautiful family.

37. Julie Phillips, aka Julieloveslucy SCS April 4, 2013 at 4:13 pm #

Super cute photo and send me the cake!!! LOL…. HB to all.

38. MaterialGirlQuilts April 4, 2013 at 4:15 pm #

The fabric looks gorgeous! Also, excited for the book, congrats.

P.S. Happy belated birthday :)

39. Rebecca Grace April 4, 2013 at 4:16 pm #

Happy birthday to all of you! I give you permission to branch out and explore birthday PIE. Just be careful with the candles! 😉

40. kim April 4, 2013 at 5:42 pm #

Yahoo!! I just per-ordered your new book! I can hardly wait.
    My birthday is April 3 and all my quilt group ladies are close to that. We have a lot of cake in a short time too. No complaints, but we could all probably eat smaller slices 😀

41. heidiabc April 4, 2013 at 6:08 pm #

I don't know how you manage it all – happy birthday to you and your littles! Also happy to see a post from you. :)

42. Jean April 4, 2013 at 6:18 pm #

Congrats on all the birthdays… we have a lot of birthdays in a close period of time also. We have found that it's easier if we give everyone a choose of dessert; so we have pies; some cake; frozen yogurt pies etc…
    Hope all the birthdays are happy ones.

43. Cheryl Arkison April 4, 2013 at 6:24 pm #

The real question is what happens in July? Your anniversary?

So excited to see some navy in your strike-offs. Then again, you know how I feel about that!

44. Bari Jo April 4, 2013 at 7:41 pm #

Oh my goodness! That's us, too! 4 birthdays in 10 days in August…. oy… and my last bday boy is so sick of cake he always asked for pumpkin pie!!! :O) Not sure how we did all August bdays either! hahah (well… I do have a pretty good idea of how that happened…..LOL)

45. Marian-Lady Face April 4, 2013 at 10:59 pm #

Haha! That made me laugh, as both of our kids birthdays are within 9 days of each other. My daughter shares your birthday!

So excited about the book!! Happy spring break!

46. ~Babychaser~ April 5, 2013 at 12:04 am #

We have three birthdays between February 27th and March 18. I get it! I've started making half cakes. I bake them separate and freeze the left overs (cake freezes wonderfully before the frosting is on). I freeze left over frosting too. Saves money, saves time… and saves extra exercise for me! (Not that I'm doing any of that anyway!)

This year we just stuck a candle in the pancakes for my one year old's birthday. It was just our family and the kids were just as excited! Who needs cake after pancakes anyway?

Happy Birthday to You!

47. CitricSugar April 5, 2013 at 5:09 am #

My brother-in-law prefers a DQ cake to real cake on his birthday and if that's not handy, he insists on pie. Occasionally, he demands both. Ice cream cake and pumpkin pie are surprisingly delicious together. :-)

Happy birthday!

48. Sarah April 5, 2013 at 6:12 am #

Busy month for you! Yep really bad family planning. You must howl at the moon in June to keep having babies in March! I could never get sick of cake I'm afraid. Where is YOUR baby and who is that little girl in your pics?!

49. Kat April 5, 2013 at 6:50 am #

Happy belated Birthday!

50. Helen L April 5, 2013 at 9:56 pm #

Happy belated birthday to you all!! And my parents had most of our birthdays in Dec and Jan, so I swore we wouldn't "try" in march for children. So my kids birthday's are in April and May, along with other family birthdays, our anniversary, and income and property taxes: All in April. Yep, I really planned that out right!! 😀

51. AmL April 6, 2013 at 4:44 am #

Love the table, and the dots! I can relate to the birthday thing. We have four birthdays between Feb 16 – March 28. Your younger son has the same birthday as me! Our youngest is June, so we wised up, although she keeps asking when her birthday is, poor thing! Belated Happy Birthday. I love your blog : )

52. Delia Kelly April 6, 2013 at 10:21 am #

Just like my little family…..I can identify about the cake. But at least all the baby clothes were season and size appropriate as well as maternity clothes
    July 15, July 24, July 28, August 13

53. bluesatinsashes.barb April 7, 2013 at 5:17 pm #

Love your blog, and quilts! I'm a long-time quilter. I am working on quilts for my new granddaughter and great niece. Your family is beautiful! Congratulations on the publishing of your book.

54. Quiltingranny April 8, 2013 at 3:40 pm #

Our BD's are clustered as well with 2 in March, 2 in May and 4 in August!
    Stop by for a chance to win:

55. Kellie April 8, 2013 at 5:17 pm #

Allison… I made that cheesecake on Saturday…. I call it "The 10 hour cheesecake" cause that's how long this indulgence took from start to finish with all the baking and cooling. This bad-boy did not disappoint! Although, it was a little more high-maintenance than my 13 year old pug Mabel :) This recipe is a keeper!

56. Denise Russell April 11, 2013 at 3:13 am #

Cake… yeah, that is what I had for dinner tonight, and my dinner 'started' at 4pm… Bad girl today! Now, for the important part – I want to hug and kiss that baby of yours to no end!!! :-)

57. Laura April 11, 2013 at 4:27 am #

October is our month from ?! the 1st, 5th, 10th, 20th, 22nd, 22nd (yes two on that day), 27th, 28th, 30th, and the 31st! I think I listed them all. And that is just our immediate family, not counting my sister and a few nephews and nieces!

58. martha brown April 20, 2013 at 4:29 pm #

I think that your family planning was excellent — you were never big and pregnant in the stinkin' hot summer!