A little back to school quilt

(it looks like the quilt is wearing shoes doesn’t it?  hehe)
I made this little stack of fabrics in primary colors…just perfect for a back to school-ish quilt.
The pattern is from my book Growing Up Modern…it’s one of my favorites and is fast to sew with little cuts of fabric or scrap strips.  It measures about 41″ x 47″
I think I’ll quilt it with a crosshatch pattern…after I get through my to-be-quilted stack!

Baby bunny update:
They all have a nice coat of fur now…1 black, 3 light gray, and 2 white-ish.  Their eyes will open later this week and they’re getting very active.  These are Holland Lops for those of you that asked.  They make wonderful pets if you get one that has been held a lot and given lots of attention.
I loooooooooooooooove them.  🙂

37 Responses to A little back to school quilt

1. Nurdan September 23, 2013 at 6:51 am #

Beautiful as always!!

2. Kinga Izabella September 23, 2013 at 6:59 am #

Dear Alison,
    your quilt looks adorable! I have your book, and I love all the great patterns! And of course the useful tips for busy mothers;) Cute bunny!
    Kinga

3. Nicole September 23, 2013 at 8:34 am #

Love that navy dot fabric… do you know the line name? Thanks for sharing all the wonderfulness! I don't know how you get so much done! Baby 4 just arrived at our house and I'm hoarding fabric for when regular naps begin…

4. Carie September 23, 2013 at 9:14 am #

Oh the bunny is so cute and fluffy and wonderful! The quilt is gorgeous too, especially the letters fabric – definitely a back to school vibe about it!

5. Jennifer Bell September 23, 2013 at 9:55 am #

I have your book and have made this quilt with some alterations to enlarge it. Love this pattern! Love the script fabric in this one.
    ..darling bunny!

6. Newby September 23, 2013 at 12:28 pm #

I'm thinking a back-to-school quilt and class pet bunny would go very well together for just the right teacher/ kinder classroom!

7. Wanda September 23, 2013 at 12:28 pm #

Love the quilt, so fresh. The bunny? OMG! It's a good thing you're up north and I'm down south or we'd have to get a bunny.

8. Elsa September 23, 2013 at 12:32 pm #

Great quilt ~ love all the colors.
    Ah, baby bunnies ~ so sweet.

9. Susana Patchwork September 23, 2013 at 12:42 pm #

Really beatifull quilt, and the bunny sweet sweet
    Regards from Trampantojos
    de costura

10. Pat September 23, 2013 at 12:49 pm #

Cute quilt and adorable bunny!

11. akainik September 23, 2013 at 1:53 pm #

I think I fainted after seeing that little ball of cuteness!!!

12. Amy September 23, 2013 at 2:08 pm #

Adorable! Do your bunnies live inside or out? Thanks!

13. Melanie@Crafty Cupboard September 23, 2013 at 3:04 pm #

Love the quilt top! I have one waiting to be quilted, I did the stripes in ROYGBIV for my rainbow loving girls. Should be fun! Can't wait to see how you finish yours!

14. Devry September 23, 2013 at 3:41 pm #

Gray one please! :]

15. Deb@asimplelifequilts September 23, 2013 at 3:42 pm #

So pretty… love your fabric choices! And such a sweet little bunny too. Oh my!

16. Lisa E September 23, 2013 at 6:17 pm #

Very nice quilt! And the bunny is darn cute. Keep us posted on their growth. I have 2 lops and their ears are so cute when they're half up and half down.

17. Bearpawquilter September 23, 2013 at 7:00 pm #

Cute quilt and even cuter bunny. Now on to my question. It bothers the @#$% out of me when a fabric cuts off print like happened with your alphabet print. I can never decide if it is okay to cut with the print straight even if it is off grain a little. What are your thoughts? Thanks Perhaps others have wondered, too. N

18. allison September 23, 2013 at 7:14 pm #

Oh that drives me crazy too! I try not to let it but me anymore because no matter how hard I try I can't ever get the print to line up with the grain perfectly!! Super annoying…and nothing we can do about it! 😉 -Al

19. bethanndodd September 23, 2013 at 7:17 pm #

Adorable!! What a fun way to celebrate going back to school.
    Smiles~Beth

20. claudia September 23, 2013 at 8:22 pm #

Oh My Goodness! BUNNIES!!!!
    I love bunnies, but unfortunately so does my Jack Russell, she loves them a little too hard.
    That quilt is so cute! I really like the colors you used.

21. Jennifer Bierds September 23, 2013 at 8:53 pm #

Gorgeous! I wish I had the time and patience to quilt… For now I'll just drool over this one 🙂 Oh, and so jealous you get to hang out with baby bunnies!!

22. Brenda September 23, 2013 at 11:48 pm #

No more bunny pictures—Seriously. My Yorkie would kill me if I brought another animal into this house—she is 12 1/2, and she's been an only for WAY too long. Is your momma rabbit litter trained? I have heard of people doing that, but when I had a rabbit, we just kept her outside.

23. Annette September 24, 2013 at 4:09 am #

I love this quilt! I'm gonna have to get your book (and learn to quilt).

24. Vicki Posten September 24, 2013 at 5:58 am #

My favorite pic in this post…the sneakered feet poking out from under this gorgeous quilt top!

25. margaret September 24, 2013 at 6:11 am #

a great quilt, like the colours and also the square and long blocks together

26. Ellen September 24, 2013 at 9:30 am #

Both the bunny and the quilt are charming! They both bring a lovely spirit of beauty and joy. Thank you!

27. Jessie September 24, 2013 at 11:56 am #

Love this quilt! We have your book at the quilt shop I work at, but never made the connection. Think I might have to pick it up this weekend when I work! Love it!

28. MaterialGirlQuilts September 24, 2013 at 12:04 pm #

Very cute quilt, but oh my word, those bunnies!!! I don't think I could leave them alone, they would probably be snuggled to death at our house 🙂
    Amanda

29. thegreenapricot.com September 24, 2013 at 2:48 pm #

I have been a fan of your patterns for a while now and am excited about following your blog! Keep up the good work- always so fresh, crisp and bright- love it!

30. Lori September 24, 2013 at 3:27 pm #

Your quilt is wonderful. I love baby bunnies. Yours are so cute. I grew up on a farm and we were always having baby bunnies. LOL they just wanted to keep having them. LOL We loved taking care of them and finding them good homes. And yes the more they are held and loved and paid attention to they become the best little pets.

31. Melissa @ My Recent Favorite Books September 24, 2013 at 3:34 pm #

I love your new quilt! =)
    and..your Baby bunnies are so adorable!

32. Steph J September 24, 2013 at 3:58 pm #

Thanks for sharing your life with us. I love the quilt and the bunnies are so sweet! We are going to be getting bunnies ourselves but not until we move into our new house. I can't wait!

33. Kelly September 24, 2013 at 10:15 pm #

Gorgeous quilt! OMG the baby bunnies are so adorable!

34. Michele September 25, 2013 at 11:40 am #

The quilt is gorgeous. And who can resist that adorable bunny.

35. Granny Maud's Girl September 28, 2013 at 10:33 pm #

Lovely. The alphabet print is very appropriate for a school theme! (What is the name of that alphabet print? I've been looking for something similar.)

36. Bender September 30, 2013 at 6:16 am #

If any of those bunnies are still available…I live in Los Angeles, but my boyfriend's father lives in Washougal — I could probably convince him to add a bunny to his farm or even bring it down to me from Washougal as he flies to LA every two weeks…just saying!

37. ...I am Nora..... January 4, 2014 at 7:21 pm #

I FOUND IT!!

So pleased because I really think this is the one…..and I don't know how I missed it first time around!

Blessings xx