Fall beginnings

Churn Dash sewing, Cluck Cluck Sew_thumb[1] Fall fabric stack, Cluck Cluck Sew_thumb Fall scraps, Cluck Cluck Sew_thumb[1]
My son made me this Perler bead trinket last week…and it was the perfect color inspiration for a new fall quilt!   Because the 5 fall quilts I’ve already made just aren’t cuttin’ it…. ahem.
So a stack of fabric turned into a pretty pile of scraps before anyone could notice I was making another fall quilt.
This will be the third quilt I’ve ever (ever ever) made with purple in it…and it’s growing on me.  Especially with aqua, orange, and brown in there too…it’s a pretty combo.
We woke up to a fun surprise this morning….6 new baby bunnies hidden in that nest!!!!  It was better than Christmas morning at our house.
Just leave a comment on this post and in 8 weeks a baby bunny will be delivered to your door step.
I’m not kidding.
My husband will track you down and leave you a bunny to keep his crazy wife from keeping them all. 😉

72 Responses to Fall beginnings

1. Q @ JAQS September 17, 2013 at 10:22 pm #

Beautiful fall colors…for ]NOT EVER enough] fall quilt :).

As for the bunnies, wish I lived close by, I would gladly take one 😉

2. Cheryl September 17, 2013 at 10:25 pm #

I will totally take a baby bunny. We will name it Cluck Cluck. Well, my daughter may have something to say about that…But we are seriously looking for a bunny or TWO!!

3. Carla September 17, 2013 at 10:27 pm #

I had to laugh at how few comments you have this time! Too funny about your bunny. Enjoy those babies. Looking forward to your new quilt

4. PamKittyMorning September 17, 2013 at 10:30 pm #

Hahaha you're cracking me up over the bunny thing. I have a bunny and love it. Good luck with your ahhh, bunny collection.

5. Emarie21 September 17, 2013 at 10:35 pm #

Your son is picking up your styles :) As for a bunny, we'd take one if your husband is willing to bring it to MN. Our 4 & 5 year old would be THRILLED beyond all belief.

6. Lisa E September 17, 2013 at 10:37 pm #

I love your post for 2 reasons. My daughter loved playing with Perler beads, and I still have many examples of her handiwork. (I must say that your ironing skills are better than mine though.) Secondly, I love those baby rabbits!!! We have two adult bunnies already, but I remember them when they were sweet, fuzzy babies. No, I don't want any more rabbits!

7. Tricia September 17, 2013 at 11:00 pm #

Oh, I want a bunny so bad! I've been trying to talk my husband into getting one. :) for our kids, of course.

8. The Cozy Pumpkin September 17, 2013 at 11:10 pm #

You had me at fall quilt, and then you had to go and have baby bunnies too?!!!

I'll take a bunny, if you'll hand deliver it to Oklahoma so I can sit and chat about all things quilty with you. HA!

9. Lo September 17, 2013 at 11:15 pm #

LOVE the colors in the quilt, and can't wait to see the finished product! As for the bunny …. thanks but no thanks! Five cats and two dogs are PLENTY of livestock for me! 😉

10. Petit Design Co. September 17, 2013 at 11:27 pm #

LOL, sign me up for a bunny!

11. Mary Gregory September 17, 2013 at 11:39 pm #

Can we just get adorable photos of the bunnies? I really don't want one in real life, I prefer virtual bunnies. :)

12. Susie September 17, 2013 at 11:49 pm #

Cute bunnies? Deliver to Australia? Look forward to seeing this quilt

13. Farm Road Ramblings September 17, 2013 at 11:52 pm #

Careful, bunnies multiply REALLY quickly! I now have 17. Ugh. Good thing we have lots of room and we love them so much. : )

14. Salley September 17, 2013 at 11:55 pm #

Hilarious. . .a good thing my daughter doesnt read your blog… she'd leave a thousand replies! despite a Bunny not surviving International Post restrictions.
    Love your colour combo's. Very restful.

15. Addie September 17, 2013 at 11:56 pm #

More pictures of baby bunnies please!!

16. ~T~ September 18, 2013 at 12:13 am #

At the risk of winning a bunny…The old ladies who taught me to quilt were firm in their instruction that every quilt should have a little bit of purple in it. Now I've inherited a quilt's worth of purple fabric from my mil. I think I'll have to split it up, a lot!

17. Margaret September 18, 2013 at 12:44 am #

I love your fall colors. Thanks for sharing about your new family but I am not really wanting to adopt any new animals at this time. Love this post

18. claudia September 18, 2013 at 1:19 am #

Love your fall colors. You taught your son color choices well.

Awe…bunnies. Do not track me down. I have two dogs that unfortunately would think that bunny is a snack. Good luck finding them all homes, I am sure it won't be that hard.

19. Jocelyn September 18, 2013 at 1:40 am #

Do you promise?! Perhaps you should head to Houston in a month after all…… :)

20. Laurie September 18, 2013 at 1:42 am #

No bunnies yet please! We'll take one of the next litter (is that what "batches" of bunnies are called?) when my little boy is a little bit bigger and we're living in the country!

I'm thinking of still doing a modern maples quilt before fall… That stack of fabrics gets me enthused! I love fall and everything related to it!

21. RaspberrySunshine September 18, 2013 at 1:42 am #

Your bunny is adorable. What breed is she? Lop? We have 2 bun, Shaggy & Astro. Shaggy is a Lionhead/Mini-Rex/Who-knows mix and Astro is a purebred Black/White Dutch. My 12yo son is in FFA and will be showing his dutch in January for the first time. We are loving having the buns around and they are adorable. I'd take another one in a heartbeat, but 2 is enough for now LOL :)

22. Kelly D September 18, 2013 at 1:53 am #

Your quilt is darling and your bunnies too!
    I'd love one or two even lol
    Best of luck.

23. akainik September 18, 2013 at 1:59 am #

Ohhhh bunniessss <3 <3 <3

24. Missy September 18, 2013 at 2:24 am #

Can't wait to see the blow-by-blow pictures of the bunnies over the next two months! I think we need at least a weekly update – you could call it Bunny Day!

25. Jacqueline September 18, 2013 at 2:26 am #

I want to see more pics of these baby bunnies! Were you expecting thenm? or a complete surprise?

Lovely fabrics too!

26. smileynann September 18, 2013 at 2:36 am #

Oh, please please please let me have a bunny!! When you first posted pictures of your bunny I jut about ran out and got one THAT DAY. She is just so sweet! And I have a sweet 2-year-old that would LOVE to have a bunny (when properly supervised, of course). :)

Just in case you make this a giveaway, though (because I never win ANYTHING) – what is the breed of your rabbit? I seriously fell in love and would love to own one.

27. Joelle September 18, 2013 at 2:56 am #

One Halloween a colleague of mine (when he was young) gave trick or treters kittens when they came to the door. I'm just saying…

28. Susan September 18, 2013 at 3:01 am #

Best post ever! Laughed myself silly.

29. Wendi September 18, 2013 at 3:20 am #

Love your color choices! Can't wait to see what it becomes

30. DKB September 18, 2013 at 3:33 am #

Pretty colors! Some of the combos my daughter comes up with for her Perlers are amazing! It's easy to be fearless with color when you aren't bound by any rules!

31. Di~ September 18, 2013 at 3:56 am #

:) …love the color combination! my girls used to make those and we'd iron them to melt them and keep them FOREVER! :)

32. Julia September 18, 2013 at 4:23 am #

Sign me up for a bunny..I would love one! (Mine passed away a few months ago) I take it you deliver to New Zealand :o)

33. Mom with His Grace September 18, 2013 at 4:44 am #

I absolutely LOVE purple! Happy you have chosen to put it in with your fall colors! Looking forward to seeing the results of that beautiful fabric!

34. Sharlyn September 18, 2013 at 5:32 am #

Because baby bunnies have everything to do with quilting, please post at least one pic later when they're older. Can't wait, and if I could take one, I totally would 😉

35. Dawn September 18, 2013 at 5:34 am #

I'm crushing on a Churn Dash. But not on a bunny. I had one when I was in my 20's and lived in Germany. Every time I got near it, it bit me. German bunnies don't like me ergo bunnies don't like me!

36. Eva September 18, 2013 at 5:37 am #

LOVE the colours!
    Can't wait to see it when it's finished :o)

Any fun ideas for a quilt for my 7 year old boy (who thinks he's 10 :o))

37. margaret September 18, 2013 at 5:44 am #

great range of fabrics for the fall quilt and nice to have been inspired by your son when choosing the fabrics. Will be fun to watch the baby bunny antics, sure they will keep you amused.

38. Amanda ~ A Crafty Fox September 18, 2013 at 5:50 am #

Gorgeous stack of fabrics :) And it looks like you are all out of bunnies. Bummer. Cause Weston is just DYING to add a few of those to our household. Pretty much the same way he wants another fall quilt 😉

Thanks for sharing :)

39. Shelley September 18, 2013 at 5:54 am #

Not a huge purple fan but that color combo is pretty! Cant wait to see what you make! As for the bunny…I wanted one but we ended up with a puppy. Somehow Im thinkin a bunny w babies wouldve been easier!!

40. Ally Coyle September 18, 2013 at 8:12 am #

Love the bright fabrics you chose :) I would love a bunny,, too bad there's a rule, only one pet per appointment.

41. Jolana September 18, 2013 at 8:17 am #

Your son chose very nice colors! Really :) And your new quilt will be very nice. I am sure :)
    And the little baby bunnies… so sweet surprise! :) :)
    Have a funny day!

42. kitty September 18, 2013 at 8:18 am #

Love your son's color choices! (he takes after his mom, right?).
    If your husband is willing to make the trip to Holland, he'll be welcome to bring me some bunnies for my grandchildren. I really hope he's not that desperate!!

43. Brianna September 18, 2013 at 11:08 am #

Bunny? Mine passed away two years ago and I haven't chosen a new one yet… but your fuzzy grey bun is gorgeous!

44. Carie September 18, 2013 at 12:29 pm #

Enough people have now commented that I think I'm safe enough from imminent bunny arrival to say how gorgeous those colours are. There's a little bit of a good 70's vibe about the purple and yellow mix and I think it's going to be fantastic, very autumnal without needing to be all orange leaves, more ripe quince and damson jam!

45. Teeeeeena September 18, 2013 at 12:48 pm #

LOL! My daughter want a bunny like foreverrrrrrr. And she was just learning how to spell it and now she is signing chanting , I want a B U N N Y! Isnt the B U N N Y going to be so CUUUTTTTEEE!

46. CurlyGirlMom September 18, 2013 at 12:50 pm #

If you happen to live in upstate NY and TRULY want to get rid of a baby bunny, please let me know. I'm sure my daughter would be DELIGHTED to help you out. (We'd just need to talk to the boss, a.k.a. Daddy.) :)

47. Wanda September 18, 2013 at 1:26 pm #

I have most of that stack of fabric! I've been collecting DS Quilts collections to use in a Farmers Wife quilt. I'm just about ready to start working on it. Your bunnies are so cute. Can't wait to see pics of the babies.

48. needle and nest September 18, 2013 at 1:43 pm #

Baby bunnies! Please post pictures when you can… there's nothing cuter than baby animals.

Can't wait to see your new fall quilt. And really, can there ever be too many quilts? Nah!

49. Chris September 18, 2013 at 2:22 pm #

LOL….looks like you're going to need a few more bunnies! Lots of us want a baby bunny! LOL! Seriously though, I'll be watching for your husband to bring mine to my doorstep….Glendale, AZ!
    PS……love the colors in your fall quilt!

50. QuiltNut Creations September 18, 2013 at 3:41 pm #

bunnies!!! such a great stack of fabrics! and I love the peek at the church dash quilt on your wall.

51. sleepycathollow.com September 18, 2013 at 4:03 pm #

OH! I spy Denyse Schmidt lovelies in that stack.

BUNNIES! I live in Sparks, Nevada…just have your hubby email me and I'll send my address. 😉

52. Wendyibake September 18, 2013 at 4:25 pm #

i wanna see the bunniessss

53. Laura September 18, 2013 at 4:26 pm #

Three cheers for new quilts and baby bunnies!

54. Teje Karjalainen September 18, 2013 at 6:01 pm #

Welcome little bunnies – we would love to see you! Your fabrics and the new project looks beautiful!

55. carla September 18, 2013 at 6:07 pm #

Hi!!! Hee hee too funny!!! I bet they are precious!!! Love the colors for fall!!!! That purple works so well with the other colors you have!!! Very pretty!!! Thanks for the fun!!!

56. Jana September 18, 2013 at 9:21 pm #

Love your take on fall colors!

57. Lucy @ Charm About You September 18, 2013 at 9:58 pm #

hahaha I have 3 kids, a cat and a husband… I don't need a rabbit!! That is a gorgeous stack of fabric :)

58. pandchintz September 18, 2013 at 10:20 pm #

Great colour combo!! And the bunnies?? Just as well I live Down Under!!

59. Judith Blinkenberg September 19, 2013 at 3:33 am #

I love chickens myself. Could never understand about eggs and bunnies. I have never heard of a bunnie laying an egg! Love my chickens. Would love for you to make a churn dash pattern.
    Looking forward to your fabric. Judy

60. john mike September 19, 2013 at 5:16 am #

Trusting to make the right decisions can be tough. It takes years to build confidence. Its not the sort of thing that simply just happens. Plumber Warner

61. Mary W Quilts September 19, 2013 at 9:17 am #

I wasn't going to comment for fear a bunny would be delivered, but you have so many takers that I know I'm safe here in Boston! Good luck! Love the fabric by the way.

62. TammyLB September 19, 2013 at 1:04 pm #

If the baby bunny is delivered in one of your *extra* fall quilts, I will give you my address! Seriously- I love the fabrics you used in this latest one! Inspiration can come from anywhere!

63. Melissa @ My Recent Favorite Books September 19, 2013 at 5:25 pm #

I love the colors for your new quilt!
    and the Bunny is so cute!!

64. Brenda September 20, 2013 at 1:50 am #

I bought allot of those same fabrics a few weeks ago, so there are some orange and blue/turquoise projects in my future, too. (I really need a case for my crochet hooks—that is first up.) No bunnies, please—when I bought my dog, the woman's husband was trying to get rid of a litter of kittens. He kept teasing me that all puppies came with a free cat, so when my dog is naughty, I tell her that I should have left her at the farm and kept the free kitty.

65. Granny Maud's Girl September 20, 2013 at 10:06 am #

My husband would be able to relate to your husband. Sadly, bunnies will not be allowed through Australian quarantine.

66. Granny Maud's Girl September 20, 2013 at 10:06 am #

67. MaterialGirlQuilts September 20, 2013 at 12:35 pm #

Those really are beautiful colors together! Perler beads are so fun and wonderful inspiration :) Your bunny is adorable, I know my son would LOVE to have one of the babies, but our dog may not!

68. Sew Fun September 20, 2013 at 8:13 pm #

I don't want a bunny but I love that Churn Dash quilt you've got going on in the background!

69. SewCalGal September 22, 2013 at 12:38 am #

Too cute. I do so wish I could be a good parent to a sweet bunny. I did enjoy bunnies when I was young, as well as helping to take care of a neighbor's bunny when they traveled. If I didn't travel so much I might just ask for one of your bunnies. I'm sure you'll find great homes for these guys, but if you need more PR for finding good homes, just let me know.

70. ✾Jamie Lee Cooley✾ September 28, 2013 at 12:50 pm #

Uh oh, you better get another hutch (or two)! We had two rabbits growing up that quickly became over 20 at times. Our original two were Flopsy and Peter. Peter turned out to be the mommy, what a surprise that was! Sounds like you are enjoying them, and your kids are too.

71. kaesey October 4, 2013 at 12:56 pm #

Ha! I would totally take one! (And my husband would call me crazy, too.)

72. Tamara Boatright October 17, 2013 at 12:29 pm #

someone mentioned houston, you could drop one off to me on your way there! the grandkids would love one! I love your fabric choices (better yet your son's bead choices for fall colors, very pretty.