Goldfish

Cluck Cluck Sew, Juice Boxes Top_thumb

IMG_1185_thumb[1]
I know what you’re thinking….and yes, I do own an iron.  😉
This quilt top has been sitting on a shelf waiting for me to take a picture of it for a few weeks, until tonight when I stuffed my kids in the car…determined to take a semi-decent picture of it before dark!
I chose the fabrics based on that Goldfish Print (it’s by Timeless Treasures).  The pattern is Juice Boxes.  I realized after making it that it looks almost exactly like the cover quilt I made 3 years ago.  This is the crib size and it measures 42″ x 54″.
Now that school has started I’m finally getting back into the swing of things.
My oldest is in all day school and the house is much quieter…
…I tried not to act “too” excited when I dropped him off the first day.  😉  But we miss him when he’s gone.
Yay for schedules, colder (sewing) weather, and pumpkin everything coming soon!

30 Responses to Goldfish

1. Jayme September 13, 2013 at 3:55 am #

LOooooooVE!!!!

2. Kelly September 13, 2013 at 4:02 am #

It's gorgeous Allison!

3. Susie September 13, 2013 at 4:20 am #

Really lovely colours. Enjoy the serenity.

4. Di~ September 13, 2013 at 5:02 am #

I love that quilt!

5. margaret September 13, 2013 at 6:07 am #

do like the random way the blocks have been placed and the fabrics used. Must be hard finding time to sew with little ones, I am now elderly and live alone so my time is my own, can be lonely at times but have lots of bloge to follow.

6. marysza September 13, 2013 at 6:21 am #

I LOVE LOVE LOOOOVE THIS QUILT! Like all your works! <3

7. Quibi September 13, 2013 at 7:30 am #

What a beauty!!

8. Val Spiers September 13, 2013 at 8:34 am #

What a great looking quilt. The little squares in different places makes me think of the screen saver on the tele that shows the logo in a different place each few seconds.

valspierssews@gmail.com

9. Diane-crewe September 13, 2013 at 8:39 am #

there was I thinking what a super quilt and you start throwing the 4 letter word around !! IRON"" lol x

10. Carie September 13, 2013 at 8:52 am #

It's beautiful – and reflects the light you took your picture in – it seems an evening and autumn quilts to me!

11. sarahquilts.com September 13, 2013 at 10:21 am #

Love the colors! The picture looks terrific despite a few little wrinkles.

12. Lorna McMahon September 13, 2013 at 11:00 am #

Sweet top, Allison! I love the colours… And the simple design. Great job!

Hope you don't mind if I share this, with a link back, on my facebook page at http://facebook.com/sewfreshquilts

13. sewn by leanne September 13, 2013 at 11:08 am #

I love your quilt top, and the fact that it still has crinkles makes it feel even more "homey" than if it was wrinkle free!
    Can't wait to see how you back and bind it 🙂

14. pcflamingo September 13, 2013 at 11:35 am #

Too cute! Both the quilt AND the toothless smiley kid!

15. Vanessa Goertzen September 13, 2013 at 12:44 pm #

The quilt is perfection! Love it's simplicity and colors!

16. Colleen Potter September 13, 2013 at 1:26 pm #

naww, that's not at all what I was thinking. But, since you brought it up. I do need a new iron and , once I got over the price… I paid quite a bit less for my old one. I have not been able to find an iron that doesn't have the auto shut off. What do you use and do you have any suggestions – does yours try your patience with the auto shut off ? When my oldest went off to school full time the other two had a big adjustment 'cuz she was the leader/tattletale !

17. akainik September 13, 2013 at 1:58 pm #

I love the juice boxes pattern. Love your quilt 🙂

18. Elise Lea September 13, 2013 at 2:11 pm #

Love this quilt (especially those goldfish)! I also like the softness of some of the colors mixed with the boldness of the navy and orange.

19. Carol Hopper September 13, 2013 at 2:12 pm #

Lovely quilt. My son is home from university at the moment and I don't seem to be getting anything done, but I would'nt miss having him home for the world.

20. Malini September 13, 2013 at 2:18 pm #

That is a cute quilt top!

Hmmm I can totally relate to you. I was excited too when my 6yrs olds school started ;). Now me and the little one 2yrs old can have some peaceful mornings!
    We still miss her though.

21. Melissa Corry September 13, 2013 at 2:37 pm #

Love the quilt top Allison!! So cute 🙂 It has been a little quieter around our place as well with school, gotta love it. And yippee for pumpkin!

22. Tamie September 13, 2013 at 2:47 pm #

Love this quilt. Makes me want to head to the sewing room.

23. Marian-Lady Face September 13, 2013 at 5:23 pm #

Lovely!! Those goldfish are adorable. And I'm so with you, I'm so ready for fall. Even though my kids aren't in school yet, it's such a wonderful time of year!

24. mildlygifted September 13, 2013 at 6:21 pm #

When my youngest began full day school I was not so secretly delighted too, but I surprised myself by crying in the car over it one day too…its a change like everything else, even if its all great! I love the Goldfish!

25. Melissa @ My Recent Favorite Books September 13, 2013 at 6:40 pm #

Love your Quilt! =)
    great color combination!

26. Bari Jo September 13, 2013 at 7:19 pm #

LOL loved the last pic!

27. Vicki September 14, 2013 at 7:19 pm #

What a wonderful quilt! The fabric/color choices are perfect!

28. erica e September 16, 2013 at 12:55 pm #

I love the colors on this one. You really have a knack for picking colors and patterns that go together- especially for little boy quilts. 🙂

29. Seamore Tomato September 17, 2013 at 1:30 am #

What is the name of the fabric that looks like it's going to be the back (the orange and blue plaid looking one)? Love the colors!

30. Joy September 17, 2013 at 8:57 pm #

Allison, I discovered your blog from reading Melissa Bo's Book Reviews and Quilts interview with you. I'm having a ball looking at all your beautiful projects. I love the last sentence of this post: "Yay for schedules, colder (sewing) weather, and pumpkin everything coming soon!"

Love, Joy