Love Patchwork and Quilting

Organic Lines Quilting, Cluck Cluck Sew_thumb[1] Sprocket Pillows, Cluck Cluck Sew Tutorial_thumb[2]
I had jumped at the chance to make some projects for Love Patchwork and Quilting a couple of months ago.  This magazine is out of the UK and is now a monthly publication that is really fun and modern.
They included a pattern for my Sprocket Pillows in 2 sizes…
..and my Baby Blocks Quilt (aka Road Trip Quilt).  I made the quilt in this boy version and a low volume (or low value??) girl version.

Baby Blocks Boy Version, Cluck Cluck Sew_thumb[2] Straight Line Quilting, Cluck Cluck Sew_thumb[1]
I quilted the boy version with straight lines about 1/2″ apart and the girl quilt with organic wavy-ish straight lines.  I love the result of the slightly wavy lines.

23 Responses to Love Patchwork and Quilting

1. Shanna November 20, 2013 at 6:36 am #

I love, LOVE the pillows, which is drawing me towards a purchase of said magazine! Oh you tempter!

2. Diane-crewe November 20, 2013 at 8:09 am #

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this magazine xx it is so fresh and just what the UK market needs x well done with your contributions xx .. hope there are more to come x

3. *bella* November 20, 2013 at 9:03 am #

Oh I wonder where I can get that magazine in Australia? …..

4. rosa November 20, 2013 at 9:11 am #

Estan preciosos¡¡¡¡¡¡¡ besos

5. kate November 20, 2013 at 11:20 am #

I have just subscribed on the Ipad through their app! I love it! Bella – this is probably the best (and cheapest) way for us Aussies to get a hold of it…

6. Sarah @ Berry Barn Designs November 20, 2013 at 11:34 am #

Beautiful! Especially love both the colors and wavy lines of quilting on the girl quilt!

7. terrieannie November 20, 2013 at 2:48 pm #

I picked up a copy from Barnes & Nobles when I was in Houston last week (for $11.99)
    I totally adore your 'low value' quilt with the slightly wavy lines (I've also seen them called 'organic')
    Can't believe how that subtle curve makes the quilt more alluring to me!

8. Kellie November 20, 2013 at 6:44 pm #

I am so tempted to purchase that quilt so I can have one made by you… but that one is too small for my now 2 year old son!!! I love the stripe binding on the girl version. I'm always looking for the perfect stripe for binding!

9. Rhona November 20, 2013 at 7:33 pm #

I've got the first two issues and I'm looking forward to the 3rd :). It's a great magazine and I'm enjoying the articles. Hope you're going to be in future issues too.

10. VickiLorraine@lefthandednotions November 20, 2013 at 9:18 pm #

I have made some spocket pillows too and absolutely love them Thanks for sharing your lovely creations

11. Vicki Posten November 21, 2013 at 6:50 am #

How completely exciting for you! Congrats!!! I love these quilts, they are so fresh and fun. The pillows are wonderful, also.

12. Monika Wright | I Love It All November 21, 2013 at 1:19 pm #

Love the wavy lines!

13. Anna - Nie jestem Modna November 21, 2013 at 8:37 pm #

So great :)

14. Shannyn November 22, 2013 at 2:21 am #

Congrats on the magazine!! I made your Sprocket pillows for Christmas gifts last year and they were a HUGE hit. Thank you!!!

15. Melissa Bo November 22, 2013 at 8:44 pm #

Congratulations! =)
    How exciting!

I love your pillows!

16. Nancy Reinke November 23, 2013 at 3:04 pm #

Allison, I stumbled upon your blog today, and I'm so glad I did. First, congratulations on the magazine feature. That's wonderful. Second, I'm a grandmother who's new to quilting, having just finished my beginners quilting class. It's something I've wanted to do all my life, having watched my mom and her friends quilt when I was a very little girl. Anyhow, I love your sprocket pillows, and I'm excited about making some for my grandchildren as Christmas gifts. I know I can do this. I found your instructions on an early post here on your blog. Can't wait to get started. I'm following you via Google, and I've subscribed via email so I can keep up with your posts. Thank you so much for your generosity in sharing tutorials. God bless you, Nancy @ A Joyful Cottage

17. allison November 23, 2013 at 10:45 pm #

How great Nancy! You'll definitely be able to make them…and if you need help I'm an email away! 😉 -Allison

18. Cloud CouCou November 23, 2013 at 11:32 pm #

Great projects, love the sprocket pillows and wavy line quilting …will have to check out the mag

19. Cloud CouCou November 23, 2013 at 11:32 pm #

20. Cloud CouCou November 23, 2013 at 11:32 pm #

21. Carla November 29, 2013 at 4:30 am #

I picked up this magazine today : ) Love your projects in there. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours

22. tvt-t February 14, 2014 at 2:27 am #

Hi, is there a pattern for those boy/girl quilts? Love it!

23. allison February 14, 2014 at 7:57 am #

You can find the pattern at the top under Tutorials…it's the Road Trip Pattern. :)