Metro Hoops Quilt Top

Metro Hoops Quilt, Cluck Cluck Sew_thumb[2]
I LOVE how this quilt turned out. This is the Quick Curve Ruler and it’s fabulous.
 Metro Hoops Top_thumb[1]
I only made 9 blocks…so it’s a nice kid size.  Not sure how I’ll quilt this yet…so it will be added to the ever growing pile of quilt tops I don’t plan on finishing any time soon.
Metro Hoops Quilt Top_thumb[1]
Yesterday I made the best snickerdoodle cookies, but apparently cumin looks a lot like cinnamon…and I rolled 2 dozen cookies in cumin.  I didn’t even realize until they were baking and my house started to smell like burning tacos!
Cumin Snickerdoodles_thumb[1]
I’m saving them until I can think of a “special” someone to give them to.  😉  Yum!

47 Responses to Metro Hoops Quilt Top

1. Karen November 7, 2014 at 6:15 pm #

The cumin snickerdoodles are hilarious!
    LOL

2. Sarah Lahrman November 7, 2014 at 6:20 pm #

This quilt is so amazing! Added this to my list of quilts to make 🙂 Enjoy those cookies too!

3. Melissa Corry November 7, 2014 at 6:47 pm #

Your Metro Hoops quilt is so fun!!! Love the colors you did. Aren't they just a blast to make up 🙂

4. Robin November 7, 2014 at 6:47 pm #

OMG! You made me giggle with those cookies. 😛 Gorgeous quilt top! I really need to get brave and try out my ruler!

5. Michelle November 7, 2014 at 6:48 pm #

That quilt top is beautiful! I hope you get inspired on the quilting and finish it sooner than expected.

Cumin snickerdoodles, yum! I was covered a pan of s'mores bars with pepper. We didn't eat those either.

6. ~T~ November 7, 2014 at 6:53 pm #

Nachodoodles?

7. Ralitza November 7, 2014 at 7:13 pm #

Lovely top! It will be a gorgeous quilt! perfect palette, I think, 🙂

8. felicity November 7, 2014 at 7:30 pm #

I secured savoury chicken breasts stuffed with ricotta cheese and spinach with mint-flavoured toothpicks. For a dinner party.

9. The Cozy Pumpkin November 7, 2014 at 7:49 pm #

Oh my gosh. That is something I would do!

My first Thanksgiving away from home I attempted to make my very own stuffing, just like my mom makes. Well, I accidentally used tablespoons of every spice instead of teaspoons. Took my first bite and it tasted like the ocean with all of that salt in it. :/ I may have cried. Luckily for my husband and children I can now read a recipe much better. lol

Oh…and the quilt top is cute too, but that white space would be intimidating to me to quilt! Do you have plans for the quilting yet?

10. sallgood November 7, 2014 at 8:33 pm #

Love this q-top.
    My best cooking blunder was using 1/2 a cup of MARJORAM in place of the parsley flakes, in stuffed peppers. The first (and only bite) tasted like soap. (We were young, shopping at a food co-op, and I didn't label my containers.) 😀

11. Sew Stitching Cute November 7, 2014 at 8:57 pm #

Metro hoops looks fantastic! I hope to never make that mistake with a nice batch of cookies… I'd have to learn how to like cumin!!! LoL

12. Verena November 7, 2014 at 9:52 pm #

Wow, your quilt top looks great!

13. Julie Thompson November 7, 2014 at 9:56 pm #

Love the quilt. I once sprinkled seasoning salt all over the top of a zucchini bread thinking it was cinnamon and sugar.

14. Auntie Pami November 7, 2014 at 10:41 pm #

Very nice quilt!

15. ✾Jamie Lee Cooley✾ November 8, 2014 at 12:00 am #

I love the modern colors in your quilt top!

Too funny about the cumin!

16. elizabethdee November 8, 2014 at 12:00 am #

Great quilt top!

Best culinary breakthrough in our kitchen: dredging soft shell crabs in confectioners sugar instead of flour. Voila! Candid crabs!

FYI, we no longer use plain glass canisters.

17. Brynn November 8, 2014 at 12:21 am #

Once, when my parents were out of town, I decided to make blueberry pancakes for my younger siblings. So, I went to the freezer, grabbed a bag of frozen blueberries, and tossed them in the batter. Well, it turns out that they weren't blueberries. They were black beans. I wouldn't recommend black bean pancakes.

18. Johanna November 8, 2014 at 1:15 am #

How about fettuccine with sweetened condensed milk instead of evaporated milk? That was an interesting meal! Your cookies would pair up nice with my pasta.

19. Ellomee November 8, 2014 at 3:03 am #

Beautiful!!! Curves intimidate me, but that top is gorgeous!!

Hey – you can't tease us about those cookies without sharing the recipe!

20. Charity November 8, 2014 at 3:57 am #

That quilt top is beautiful!
    Those snicker-doodles… hehe. My sister and I once dredged steak in powdered sugar instead of flour. It actually wasn't that bad, except that it burned really quickly. 😉

21. Charlotta November 8, 2014 at 5:25 am #

Beautiful quilt! It would drive me crazy to have a bunch of finished tops sitting around! When the top is finished, I can't wait to get it to the long-arm quilter so I can get the quilt back, put the binding on – which is one of my favorite parts of the whole process – and have the finished quilt in house 😊. But as they say: each to her own!

22. A Quilter's Mission November 8, 2014 at 6:14 am #

This quilt is beautiful!

23. margaret November 8, 2014 at 6:30 am #

so good to see how the curve ruler has worked here, I bought it when I saw your older blog and have used it to do a spiders web small quilt, made a bit of a hash of it but had some pleasing comments on my blog so it can`t look too bad. Back to check out the pattern now

24. Helen L November 8, 2014 at 8:07 am #

Great quilt!! Love the colors and fabrics. And I had my own spice "adventure": I sprinkled our "cinnamon" toast with chili powder, and my hubby wouldn't let me throw it out: he ate it!! 🙂 Hugs, H in Healdsburg

25. Martha Cook November 8, 2014 at 12:26 pm #

LOL! Pretty quilt,pretty cookies. Glad I am not the only one who has done something like this.

26. Linda Shields November 8, 2014 at 1:08 pm #

Congratulations on the beautiful quilt top and the Mexican Cookies! 😄

27. Susan November 8, 2014 at 2:19 pm #

OMG – that is funny – the cookie mistake! Well, we all have kitchen stories and at least your lovely quilt came out! Very pretty!

28. Ness November 8, 2014 at 3:04 pm #

The quilt is awesome and the recipe mishaps made for excellent reading with my coffee this morning. So good to start the day laughing! Long time ago when I was about 12 I was helping Mom out starting burgers for supper…all spices came in a can back then and I used Cinn instead of pepper…made them spicey hot and yeah didn't eat them either… hmmmm…now that I think about it no wonder I was sent out to help with the milking chores instead of allowed in the kitchen….Bahahha!

29. kathy-o November 8, 2014 at 3:06 pm #

LOVE your Metro Hoops quilt – and the colors….mmmmm! I'm working on the Metro Rings – well, I've opened the jelly roll – it's a start! Your cookie story it hysterical! hahaha!

30. Sandpiper Sewing November 8, 2014 at 3:49 pm #

This quilt is so beautiful – I'd never heard of Sew Kind of wonderful before or the quick curve ruler – just love their patterns. Was it slow to sew the curves ?

31. CapitolaQuilter November 8, 2014 at 3:54 pm #

Metro Hoops is on my very very long bucket list – congrats on yours it's beautiful and you'll have so many quilting options.

32. Patti November 8, 2014 at 4:09 pm #

Love your Metro Hoops top! So pretty. And the cumin snickerdoodles just left my laughing horizontal! That's pretty much my cooking talents. So glad it happens to others. 😀

33. Marianne November 8, 2014 at 4:37 pm #

Your top is beautiful! I have a stack of tops too, bet mine is higher than yours. I like your attitude about them!
    I hate baking accidents! My usual one is mistaking salt for sugar. Those can't be passed off to the adventurous eater unfortunately!

34. Herding Grasshoppers November 8, 2014 at 5:13 pm #

Love the quilt top – hope you get it finished and in use soon 😀

And, you know, if you're camping and it's dark… powdered milk and powdered lemonade mix look a lot alike. Only powdered lemonade isn't very good in your mac and cheese.

Just in case you wondered.

Julie

35. Julie November 8, 2014 at 6:35 pm #

I feel that pattern and ruler may end up on my Christmas List. Great looking quilt top. I haven made snicker doodles for ages, these look delicious, shame about the cumin ….

36. Liz November 8, 2014 at 6:52 pm #

Your cumin snickerdoodles are just too funny – sorry. 🙂

37. Kathy@KayakQuilting November 8, 2014 at 10:15 pm #

Great new cookie recipe! Not even April 1! And the quilt top is beautiful! Looks quite complex!

38. Judy November 8, 2014 at 11:46 pm #

Wonderful Quilt! I like Snickerdoodles, but I'd prefer Corriander instead of Cumin. Enjoy them.

39. Lori November 9, 2014 at 12:36 am #

that is so funny about the snickerdoodles. I have mixed spices before and the dinner didn't turn out so good. LOL Your quilt top is wonderful. I love the colors on white.

40. Carla November 10, 2014 at 3:58 am #

What a great cookie story…maybe call them tacodoodles….sort of like my new puppy who's a labradoodle!

41. Erika Benson November 10, 2014 at 12:09 pm #

I laughed out loud at your cookies story! maybe freeze them and bring them out again for April fools day? the quilt looks gorgeous!

42. Sandy Young November 12, 2014 at 10:50 pm #

I love it. I spiced my taco meat with nutmeg thinking it was cumin.

43. Julie O November 16, 2014 at 12:47 am #

I've made the exact same spice mistake, but with pumpkin pie. For Thanksgiving dinner. Glad I'm in good company!

Julie

44. Robin December 3, 2014 at 7:35 am #

OMG Allison, you made me laugh out loud, in my kitchen, alone, in the middle of the night. Maybe because it made me think of something that would happen to me. Don't you absolutely love the Quick Curve Ruler. I know I do. Love hearing what's going on in your world.

45. Charlotta December 3, 2014 at 7:11 pm #

Quilt is just lovely! I don't cook or bake, if I can at all help it, so I can't even begin to imagine what difference cumin vs. cinnamon makes. Do they taste bad or just different? Variety is the spice of life, maybe cumin is the same?

46. Linda Sakaguchi September 18, 2016 at 6:53 pm #

Had to laugh at the cumin Snickerdoodles. I got to experience cumin pancakes when my 80 year old Dad made us pancakes for breakfast and thought he put cinnamon in them. We didn’t have the heart to complain, but he took one bite and said “what’s wrong with these? They taste terrible.” I will have to tell him it happens to other people too, that will make him feel better! Thanks for the laugh and the memories.

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Tahoe Quilt | Cluck Cluck Sew - August 9, 2015

[…] no I didn’t roll them in cumin this time.  […]