Little Fabric Backpacks

We were traveling for Easter this year, so instead of baskets I made my kids Easter backpacks.  I used the polka dot prints from my Hazel fabric, and thin rope from the Home Depot.

All of their treats and trinkets stayed semi-contained and they could easily pack them around with us…I’m seriously considering using backpacks every year!
I used this tutorial because it was so quick, but this, this, and this, also look like good tutorials to try.
In other news I ate my weight in Easter candy.  Seriously.  If only salad was shaped like a bunny and tasted like chocolate.
Have a great weekend and eat some vegetables for me will you?  😉

20 Responses to Little Fabric Backpacks

1. Christine Barnsley April 10, 2015 at 7:14 pm #

What cute back packs! Thank you for the links! Really love your new fabric line… so clean and fresh! xx

2. Mary Clark April 10, 2015 at 7:38 pm #

Hooray for chocolate! Cute backpacks, and I repeat: I cannot wait to get my hands on some of that Hazel fabric! Waiting is so hard 🙂
    Mary

3. kathy-o April 10, 2015 at 8:03 pm #

your words….hysterical! I LOVE the backpacks! And look at little Miss Sophie admiring her big brother! Thanks for the tutorials….."Hazel" = darling!

4. Christine @ 12,450miles April 10, 2015 at 9:20 pm #

Oh man… I already knew I would need to buy the entire Hazel line… now I’m giddy with anticipation… I LOVE the backpacks!!!

5. Corrie H. @ Mountain Stitches April 10, 2015 at 11:51 pm #

Very cute! What a useful idea 😉
    I too ate my weight in candy, I can feel your pain!

6. Lori April 11, 2015 at 2:03 am #

Love the backpacks. As for candy, I did fine until it was all on clearance. I ate my weight in black jelly beans in two days. Yikes.

7. Sally K April 11, 2015 at 5:03 am #

They are so cute! I think the Hazel is more wonderful every time I see it. I can't wait to get some.

8. Carie April 11, 2015 at 6:05 am #

They look fantastic! I love the fabric and anything to keep treasures under control is always going to be a good thing!

9. anne-laure April 11, 2015 at 7:09 am #

What an idea!!!! Very simple and so nice.

10. Cindy April 11, 2015 at 11:43 am #

Love your idea! Super cute and something I can handle!:)

11. Anna April 11, 2015 at 1:12 pm #

these are super cute <3

12. susanF April 11, 2015 at 6:22 pm #

Love the backpacks! You are seriously making me crazy showing more of the Hazel fabrics. Can't wait until it is available. I love them. As for the Easter Candy consumption, I',m so envious. I have Crohn's and have had to swear off refined sugar. I had an avocado for my Easter treat.

13. Christina April 11, 2015 at 7:40 pm #

Seriously adorable fabric for the bags. I prefer to eat straight from the rabbit 🙂

14. ✾Jamie Lee Cooley✾ April 11, 2015 at 9:43 pm #

Cute backpacks! And cute kids too!!!

15. Actually Amy April 12, 2015 at 1:14 am #

The bags look great. And you weren't the only one who ate their weight in chocolate 😉

But someone the scales were kind to me and I lost weight over the Easter period. Maybe chocolate IS good for you 😛

16. Christine S April 12, 2015 at 4:02 am #

Super cute bags! And…another fabric line I must have 🙂

17. SheQuiltsAlot - Peta April 13, 2015 at 7:40 am #

What a great idea and such gorgeous fabric! Definitely in my 'need' list -:)

18. Katie Sparrow April 13, 2015 at 12:55 pm #

What good timing! I actually need to make a drawstring bag. Annoyingly I've now completely forgotten what was on my list of things to do this afternoon as my brain's been sucked into the sewing zone! Actually, scratch that, that's not annoying at all!

19. Laura Chaney April 13, 2015 at 7:00 pm #

That is such a great idea! I bet those would also work great for goody bags at parties.

20. Helen L April 17, 2015 at 8:52 am #

What a fantastic idea!! And I'm still working on my Easter candy: trying to get it up to my weight too! 🙂 And your little one isn't so little any more! She sure is beautiful! Hugs, H