Hello August

Hello March Quilt

Well hey there!!    I made this quilt in May….as in 3 months ago…whaaa??   Time sure speeds by fast.

Hello March Quilt

I made this one to take to Quilt Market, and I tried to use “gender neutral” colors…but I’m always kinda stumped as to what that means.  I figure I would have loved these colors as a young girl… so hopefully someone else will too!

Hello March Quilt Closeup

This was made with my Hello March pattern (previous post on the pattern here), and a “layer cake” I cut from my own stash.  I quilted this one myself and apparently I was in a mood to try something new.  It turned out to be a swirly/pointy/popcorn design…in a few places it looks like a hot mess but overall…not so bad!

Hello March Quilting

This kid has become an excellent quilt holder-upper.  Except he has to stand on a bench and he charges me for his services…$0.25 cents a quilt or ice cream is the going rate for a quilt holder-upper.  Not too shabby!

Hello March Quilt and Ben

We’ve renamed this quilt “Hello Idaho” in my house since the blocks kinda sorta look like the state.  We had a lovely long visit to Idaho last month (Ashton) and even though I love Seattle,  I sure wish I could live in both places at once.

IMG_9677

IMG_9655-001

I have to give a big whopping shout out and thank you to Sarah over at Spunmonkey Designs for helping me me move my website to WordPress last month.  It was not without BIG challenges (like me making a big bad mistake and having to re-upload 1500 blog photos!!!!) but it was worth it.   If you’re thinking of migrating from Blogger to WordPress, she’s highly recommended by moi!

27 Responses to Hello August

1. Leslie August 10, 2015 at 8:57 pm #

LOVE the quilt! LOVE the fabrics! and LOVE the quilting! beautiful pictures too!

• Allison August 10, 2015 at 11:07 pm #

Thank you Leslie! 🙂

2. magistra13 August 10, 2015 at 10:05 pm #

I really like this quilt, too. And I think your quilting on it looks good 🙂

3. dispack August 10, 2015 at 10:22 pm #

Great Quilt! Great Photos, yes it does look like Idaho! Jealous you were in Ashton, I haven’t been there for a bit…if you were in town and went to Big Judds or the church, etc., you probably drove by the house I grew up in!

• Allison August 10, 2015 at 11:06 pm #

Yes I probably did drive by! My Grandparents live there, Rulon Hillam. 🙂 We ate ice cream at Dave’s every single day.

• dispack August 11, 2015 at 10:11 pm #

I got ice cream at Dave’s in January! It was Rocky Road. 🙂 Do you remember that I told you that my dad knows your Grandpa!? Do you see Darla Myers when you go there. I adore her, but have only seen her once in 35 years! :)Ricks….mmmm the good ol’ days!

• Allison August 12, 2015 at 2:45 pm #

Oh that’s right! That was a couple of years ago or more wasn’t it! Nope didn’t see Darla, we spent most the time on the river at at the farm!

4. Helen LeBrett August 10, 2015 at 11:50 pm #

I love “Idaho”: the quilt and the state!! 🙂 And since you all are calling it Idaho, I’m going to have to make it, especially since It just takes a layer cake (which I have a few of and never can decide what to do with them). And I like your pointy-swirley-popcorn quilting. Anyone who quilts a quilt on a home machine has my admiration!! I know, I do it too, but I hate to do it, so it usually holds me up on finishing my quilts! And Ashton Idaho, weren’t you from Idaho before you moved to Wash? Or is my memory wrong? I love that part of Idaho: I went to school at Ricks (yes, I know I’m dating myself!!) and the summers there, even though they are short, are like heaven!! I loved the thunderstorms in the evenings! Now I’m off to check out the pattern. 🙂 Have a great week! Hugs, H

• Allison August 11, 2015 at 12:38 pm #

Good memory Helen!! We lived in Idaho for a bit before we moved to Seattle…and I went to “Ricks” too when it was still Ricks! 🙂 Hope your doing well!!

5. Cherie August 10, 2015 at 11:54 pm #

Love your colors! Fresh fresh 🙂

6. Teje August 11, 2015 at 1:10 am #

Hi! This is fantastic pattern with lovely happy colours! So beautiful countryside photos! x Teje

7. Leigh August 11, 2015 at 4:04 am #

Oh my goodness, your oldest boy is so big now! I realize I have been reading your blog for a long time but didn’t realize for how long until i saw these pictures! What a beautiful family (and quilt!).

• Allison August 11, 2015 at 12:39 pm #

I know isn’t that crazy Leigh….he went from a toddler to a big kid in like a week! Or something like that. 😉

8. Susannevb August 11, 2015 at 7:29 am #

Missed you but glad you had a summer break! Now I’m headed to buy this pattern wooooot!

9. Kim August 11, 2015 at 7:47 am #

Looks awesome! Do you remember what the chicken fabric is called and who the manufacturer is?

• Allison August 11, 2015 at 12:41 pm #

Funny you should mention that Kim because that fabric is from a sleeve of Pajamas designed by heather Ross….a friend sent it to me! I’ve been on the lookout for a print like it though!

10. Cindy August 11, 2015 at 8:15 am #

Every time I see one of your quilts I want to run to my sewing room and make one! I love it!
    cindy

• Allison August 11, 2015 at 12:40 pm #

best compliment ever Cindy!! 🙂 Thank you!

11. Hedy August 11, 2015 at 8:26 am #

I lived in Idaho Falls for almost 5 years and know Ashton well, been there many times. Love your quilt too, very colorful which I prefer.

12. kathy o August 11, 2015 at 10:13 am #

My heart will always be in Idaho, even though we “heart” Montana, too. Your quilt holder-upper is darling – wish I could borrow him to hold my quilts up! Love this little quilt – now I really want to make one because of the “Idaho” look.

13. claudia w August 11, 2015 at 12:59 pm #

When you wrote this…” I made this quilt in May….as in 3 months ago…whaaa??” I stopped and thought, what is she talking about three months ago? Buy yea…wow, that flew by. I love Hello Idaho, the colors are absolutely perfect.
    And your quilter holder upper, pretty handsome guy there.

14. claudia w August 11, 2015 at 1:01 pm #

I meant to say too, I didn’t realize you live in Seattle. I live in Sequim. Just moved here in January…loving it! Washington is a great state!

• cluckclucksew August 12, 2015 at 2:21 am #

I LOVE Sequim Claudia! We live in Poulsbo…so you’ve probably driven by our house once or twice we live just off the Hood Canal Bridge. Hope your enjoying this beautiful summer we’ve been having!!

15. Sarah Bailey August 11, 2015 at 8:48 pm #

Thanks for the shoutout! <3 It was a pleasure, missing photos and all 😉

16. Jamie August 12, 2015 at 1:49 pm #

Great quilt! Your kids are getting so big. Mine are too. Wish they stayed little longer.

17. QuiltNut Creations August 21, 2015 at 11:29 pm #