Summer Slice Sampler Block

Aaaaand still no baby.   To say I’m over being pregnant might be the biggest understatement ever…but I’m also trying to just rest and enjoy being pregnant for the last time in my life.  DEFINITELY the last time.   😉

For those of you that are sewing along with the Summer Sampler, one of my blocks should have been emailed out today!  This one is called Summer Slice, and I figured I’d show you the block I sewed up and a couple of variations.

This is the block I made…

IMG_2593

…and here are two variations:

I actually like this one in Sweetwater’s Treehouse fabric better than the one I made.  I just added two different fabrics for the edge pieces instead of all one fabric.

Summer Sampler Block Treehouse

This one looks totally different, but the only difference is the white is now the print, and the outer edge strips are now white.  Kinda of fun to see the differences!

Summer Sampler Block Sundrops

If you’re sewing along with the Summer Sampler 2016 (more info in my last post) share your blocks in the facebook group!  Have a great week and cross those fingers I have this baby…soon!!!  😉

21 Responses to Summer Slice Sampler Block

1. Janet Sanders May 23, 2016 at 5:35 am #

I just knew you were enjoying that baby. Praying when she decides to arrive your delivery goes easy and quick! The block is cute!

2. Corie Greene May 23, 2016 at 8:04 am #

Oh my! They do all look so different just with the play of the fabric choices…tough to say which I like best because I like them all! As for baby…the waiting can feel oh so long ….wishing you well as you await the delivery of your last little one…such a wonderful time for your family…another miracle and blessing.

3. Christina M May 23, 2016 at 9:38 am #

Three completely different (and fantastic) looks! How will I ever decide what to do with my block? Good luck on waiting for baby…my first was 5 days past my due date and my second was 2 days overdue, so I know exactly what you mean about being done with pregnancy! I hope you can relax and enjoy the time you have left.

4. Mandy Hawkins May 23, 2016 at 3:46 pm #

Good luck with baby, I am so excited for you.

5. Kelli May 23, 2016 at 7:55 pm #

Hopefully your little bundle come quickly! 🙂 I love your block, and yes, that is fascination how one block can look so different depending on the fabrics.

6. Kellie May 23, 2016 at 9:05 pm #

Still no baby girl? Oh my goodness! Take it easy… she’ll be here soon!!!

7. Paige May 23, 2016 at 10:54 pm #

What a difference fabric placement can make! Great block! Thinking of you in the days to come!

8. Karen May 23, 2016 at 11:01 pm #

Where do I find instructions for all 3 variations of the Summer Slice block?

9. Angela O'Rourke May 23, 2016 at 11:26 pm #

Wishing you well when that little baby decides to join the world! ❤️

10. Nancy E. May 24, 2016 at 12:38 am #

They don’t even look like the same block! But they are all just gorgeous! All the best on your delivery!!

11. Amanda Jean May 24, 2016 at 5:37 am #

No baby yet?!?? The last few days must feel like years. Hope baby girl decides to come soon. In the meantime, I hope you have a chance to put your feet up and take a nap. Hahahaha! As if, right?!? Sending big hugs!

12. pennylanequilts May 24, 2016 at 8:12 am #

This is a great block! Thanks for including the variations. It’s always interesting how the placement of fabrics can give such different looks.

13. Pamela May 24, 2016 at 2:24 pm #

I am loving the blue and yellow with the coral center. I love these fabrics.

14. Stacy May 24, 2016 at 3:52 pm #

Love this block, especially in Treehouse! Is that a mock up you did on the computer? May I ask what program? I’d love to be able to do that. Hang in there during these last few pregnant days!

15. dispack May 24, 2016 at 4:41 pm #

OK, Allison, here’s wishing you the very very best! BUT also, I LOVE the first block the most! am I weird? no just from Ashton…huh!

16. Carole Williams May 24, 2016 at 6:52 pm #

I love your first block the best. I wish you the best while you wait for your baby to come. Enjoy the babies when they are little since they grow up so fast!

17. cindy-liveacolorfullife May 26, 2016 at 10:10 am #

I especially love the first block in those fabrics! And hope the baby makes an appearance soon and that things go very well for you.

18. Susan May 28, 2016 at 4:49 am #

Hope your little bundle of joy arrives very soon and your delivery will be easy and quick! Looking forward to meeting her. Love your block and the other ones as well.

19. Nancy May 29, 2016 at 12:24 pm #

My youngest son was due on Christmas Day of 1978. Born January 29th of 1979. Ten months and four days later, my most amazing little guy was born! Still an amazing man now!

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Summer Sampler 2016 ~ Week 2 ~ Fresh Lemons Modern Quilts - May 23, 2016

[…] block is named Summer Slice and was designed by Allison Harris of Cluck Cluck Sew. This block can look completely different based on fabric choices and […]

2. Summer Sampler 2016 Block 2: Summer Slice – sarahcbailey.com - June 18, 2016

[…] you could do some really interesting things with color and value in this block. In fact, Allison is showing the block in several other color schemes today on her blog. Amazing how different this block can look with […]