Summer Houndstooth Quilt

Summer Houndstooth Quilt

I spent the morning going through worn out kids clothes and making a list of housework and projects that need doing.  Just like every other year I love the summer, but I look forward to fall schedules and getting the house clean and back in order!

While I’m at it, I’m also catching up on my older work in progress quilts that I haven’t finished.  I made this scrappy houndstooth quilt top towards the end of 2014 using this tutorial to make the diagonal blocks.

Summer Houndstooth Quilt

Summer Houndstooth QuiltThe navy backing is from Dixie in stores now, it coordinates so perfectly with the colors of this quilt.  I quilted simple straight-ish lines, bound it with an awesome red stripe and called it done!

Next I’m going to tackle the boys room…I’m kind of scared to look under their beds.

Summer Houndstooth Quilt

21 Responses to Summer Houndstooth Quilt

1. Theresa Stratton August 23, 2016 at 1:29 am #

I love your quilt. It is really fresh. Good luck with the boys room!

2. Lorena Boutin August 23, 2016 at 3:43 am #

I love the colors and the pattern in this quilt. I think I might be able to do this.

3. Cindy August 23, 2016 at 4:11 am #

This pattern has been on my to-do list, but I couldn’t come up with a color scheme. I hadn’t thought scrappy – love the idea. Your quilt is so fun!

4. Amanda August 23, 2016 at 5:19 am #

What a nice quilt! I like that the colours are bright and saturated and boy-ish- sometimes hard to accomplish. I will have to check out this method using diagonal blocks.

5. Kathy August 23, 2016 at 6:16 am #

What a pretty quilt, I just LOVE The colors! Now have to add a Houndstooth quilt to bucket list…

6. kathy o August 23, 2016 at 6:27 am #

Darling quilt – love that Dixie backing!!! Hold your breath when you look under the boys beds….and good luck!

7. jesusknowsmyname August 23, 2016 at 6:32 am #

Do you have a tutorial for that little pinwheel wall hanging in the background?

• Allison August 24, 2016 at 12:09 am #

It’s a pattern in my Mini Quilt Booklet (in my pattern shop).

8. Melanie Meyer August 23, 2016 at 8:33 am #

That’s a lovely quilt! The scrappy Houndstooth is a fun idea. Congrats for finishing a WIP. And good luck with the boys room 🙂

9. Pat S August 23, 2016 at 4:38 pm #

This is SO cute! and the binding is the icing on the cake. I have stacks of random 5″ squares that I keep trying to figure out what to do with. Thanks for linking to that tutorial. 😀

10. Susan August 23, 2016 at 6:32 pm #

So darling and cheery. Thanks for the tiki total link too.

11. Sarah @ Berry Barn Designs August 23, 2016 at 6:33 pm #

This is delightful! I love the design and palette : )

12. Lisa August 24, 2016 at 4:17 am #

I love this quilt! I’m VERY new to quilting. Just watched the YouTube tutorial on how to make the strips blocks. Seems easy peasy. Is that how you did your stop blocks?

13. Lisa August 24, 2016 at 4:18 am #

*strip blocks

14. evelyn August 24, 2016 at 3:15 pm #

Love this. It is so fresh and crisp.

15. Donna Murdock August 25, 2016 at 7:01 am #

The quilt is so very, very cute. I can attest to the scary things one finds under boys’ beds. Under a girl’s bed, one can find the missing phone no one has seen for three months. Naturally this phone has run out of charge long ago so no one could hear it ring. Even when the ring could be heard, it couldn’t be heard from the crush of stuffed animals, tights (a long time ago), clothes, etc.

16. Susan August 27, 2016 at 4:47 am #

As always – love your fabrics, quilt, and thanks for sharing. The colors are great. Amazing how much you get done with a new baby and I have no excuses so, I better get with it.

17. Rosemaryflower August 27, 2016 at 5:48 am #

WOWOWOWOW I love this. So bright and perky and incredible design! Well done
    Happy cleaning

18. Debbie Smith September 3, 2016 at 9:44 pm #

I love this quilt. You have inspired me to make one. I had some FQs that were begging to be used. Lol. Thank you for sharing. I love your work.

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Monday Mantra #38 – KZJO'STUDIO - August 29, 2016

[…] animal print, just thought I should make that clear 😉 ). Anyways, I am in love with this Summer Houndstooth Quilt over on Cluck Cluck Sew. I love the colors, they just […]