Spring…Summer…Fall Strips Quilt Top

Spring Strips Quilt Top

I originally named this “Spring strips”…then re-named it “Summer strips”…and now it’s “Fall strips”.   Maybe by the time I finish it, I can call it “Spring strips” again!

Oh man I crack myself up.  😉

Spring Strips Quilt Top

I’ve wanted to make one of these quilts for a long time.  It’s nice and simple but still takes some thought (and some pinning!).

This pattern would work fabulously with pre-cut 2 1/2″ strips, but I cut mine from my stash and a few pieces I bought like the Amy Butler floral.

Spring Fabrics

This quilt matches my still-blooming dahlia’s perfectly!  My dahlia’s were crazy beautiful this year with the early warm summer we had.

Spring Strips Quilt Top

I wrote up a tutorial for this one I’ll post in the next day or two.

It’s a fun one to make!

23 Responses to Spring…Summer…Fall Strips Quilt Top

1. Southern Gal October 4, 2016 at 3:11 am #

Ooh, I love this! Can’t wait for the tutorial since I have a jelly roll that has been collecting dust for a long time.

2. csloan October 4, 2016 at 5:20 am #

I love the colors! What a beautiful quilt.

3. Cindy October 4, 2016 at 6:37 am #

So pretty!! Love it and can’t wait for the tutorial!:)

4. Linda at Roscoe's Ma October 4, 2016 at 6:48 am #

I love this. I love how you chose the colors. Perfect for any season!!

5. Janis Altomare October 4, 2016 at 7:11 am #

What a fun loving quilt. I love the strips and the spring colors.

6. tisha @ quiltytherapy October 4, 2016 at 7:17 am #

Great quilt, love the colors.

7. Bev October 4, 2016 at 7:45 am #

It is beautiful!!!

8. Myra @ Busy Hands Quilts October 4, 2016 at 8:34 am #

The fabrics really do say spring, summer, and fall. Winter not so much, but it would be fun to pull it out in February just to remind spring to come!

9. jesscornman October 4, 2016 at 9:40 am #

Gorgeous! Thinking about making a quilt for my MIL this Christmas. This one is really encouraging me! 🙂

10. Robby October 4, 2016 at 10:56 am #

This is so beautiful, whenever it is done is going to be the right time. Look forward to the tutorial.

11. laurelsstitchery October 4, 2016 at 4:30 pm #

I just love the colors in this one! Can’t wait for the tutorial! 🙂

12. Margot Rylah October 4, 2016 at 9:58 pm #

SUCH special colours! You know I always love your crisp, clean, bright colours .. this one is extra gorgeous. We’re in Spring here in Aus .. and know that Seattle in moving to fall. It’s lovely having an eye on both places! I’m still a long way off quilting again, but you help keep the dream/goal alive with me Allison!!

13. Dorothy October 4, 2016 at 10:00 pm #

Hate to say this, but it looks like a “string” quilt block quilt to me, which has been around longer than you ( and me @ 73) And some one “needs” a pattern for this ??? And is it “new” because it is shown in “new” fabric ??? Sorry, I am not biting—I have a lot of these all ready in my quilt stock pile…….

• Allison October 5, 2016 at 3:13 pm #

It is a “string” quilt block Dorothy (except larger strips and not foundation pieced)…I’ve seen many antique versions of this quilt so I made one! I never said I made this block up, or that it was new…so hopefully you didn’t assume that? Newer quilters may not know how to make it without a pattern….so I will share a free tutorial for it so they can make their own. It’s OK to “need” a pattern…even if you are an experienced quilter! 🙂 Thank you for visiting!

14. Sylvia Anderson October 5, 2016 at 5:47 am #

I love the colors and the layout in this quilt, and it’s new to me, no matter what the other poster had to say about it. Your first picture in front of the window, gives the appearance of stained glass, so pretty.
    Looking forward to the tutorial!!! It’s always best to remember that, “If you can’t say something nice, then don’t say anything at all”.

15. kathy o October 5, 2016 at 6:30 am #

I LOVE it! Your colors are so happy….and your words crack me up, too.

16. plymouthknits October 5, 2016 at 6:35 am #

I always like seeing what you are doing! There’s not truly anything new under the sun. But your quilt has a nice fresh look that I like. I can’t wait to see your tutorial. I’m switching as much of my rotary cutting as possible to a die cutter (Big Shot) due to arthritis in my thumb joints. This quilt looks easily adaptable. Another thought; I love the way this photo is staged with the dahlias. So pretty!

17. nadine donovan October 5, 2016 at 7:27 am #

Ha Ha Ha- I had to chuckle because I have been there so many times myself. I am in the middle of creating something and a name comes to my mind—-but life is life and by the time it is finished-it has been renamed a few times. I love string quilts- yours is so cute. Love it!

18. Pat S October 5, 2016 at 6:25 pm #

So fresh and pretty it would make a great ‘spring strips’ but I wouldn’t wait. 😀

19. Kelli Fiskum October 5, 2016 at 8:07 pm #

Gorgeous!! Yes! Awaiting the tutorial! 😄

20. Susan October 5, 2016 at 9:14 pm #

Beautiful. The quilt and dahlias!

21. donnahileman65 October 10, 2016 at 11:22 am #

I am so glad to find a blog about Quilts. I have been a quilter for a while and look forward to reading more. That is a beautiful quilt, no matter is the pattern is new or old, someone is always new to quilting and would love to have a pattern and all the info they can get. Hope you will write a post on Longarm Quilting Thanks for the info.

22. Chookyblue October 12, 2016 at 11:38 pm #

lovely quilt………….must make one like this………..