Rainy Day Baby Pow Wow Quilt

Baby Pow Wow Quilt, Cluck Cluck Sew

I keep thinking I’ll be able to get better at posting more regularly…but then, ya know…life happens.

My sister had her third little boy last week, so in true Allison fashion I waited until the last minute to make him a quilt.  I used my Pow Wow pattern, which I hadn’t made in awhile, and this baby size goes together so fast!

Baby Pow Wow Quilt, Cluck Cluck Sew

I had a few cute rain cloud and umbrella prints I threw in since we’re from Seattle (it really doesn’t rain that much…maybe).

Baby Pow Wow Quilt, Cluck Cluck Sew

Baby Pow Wow Quilt, Cluck Cluck Sew

I backed this with a grey minky fabric.   I wanted it to be very drapey (is that a word?) so I kept the quilting very minimal.

Too much quilting can make them a little stiff, especially with the thicker backing.  I also used Warm and White batting so it will be cozy warm through the winter.

Baby Pow Wow Quilt, Cluck Cluck Sew

All wrapped up and ready for gifting!  I really really love making baby quilts.

I can’t forget to thank my assistant…she’s the best help (ha!).

img_5008

I remember putting my first baby in cute little jeans and cute little matching outfits each day.  With the fourth baby it’s fuzzy footie pajamas all day every day.   😉  Fuzzy jammies for the win!

I forgot to mention random.org picked a winner from the last post with First Blush…Susan E. won and it’s already on it’s way!  Thanks for the entering and have a great week!

23 Responses to Rainy Day Baby Pow Wow Quilt

1. Paulette Doyle November 7, 2016 at 6:26 am #

VERY sweet…and so is the quilt…:o)))!!

2. Corie Greene November 7, 2016 at 6:54 am #

Fresh and fun…love it….and I am sure that your sister will equally love! Your pumpkin quilt is also delightful….I must try both!

3. Jamie November 7, 2016 at 11:30 am #

Adorable helper! I was the same way with my kids…

4. Claudia W November 7, 2016 at 11:50 am #

So cute baby quilt, the colors are fantastic!
    I used to try to keep my girls in color coordinated outfits until my third daughter came along…I was lucky to keep her dressed half the time! She was an exhibitionist and would pull all her clothes off and run around the house naked 24/7!

• Allison November 8, 2016 at 11:19 am #

Lol! Who needs clothes anyways?!

5. quiltingmod November 7, 2016 at 4:07 pm #

I’m currently at three kids, but if I get to four, I’m going to be the one wearing fuzzy footie pajamas all day every day. Ha!

• Allison November 8, 2016 at 11:20 am #

I’m always a little tempted to buy the adult sized ones at Target. 😉

6. jennifer ziehl vacca November 7, 2016 at 6:00 pm #

Jane’s hair!! I love her little hair clip! Footy jimmies are the way to go!

7. Candy Radford November 8, 2016 at 5:32 am #

LOVE the quilt! Thanks for showing it to us. And thanks for the pic of Jane. Such a cutie!

8. devinelyinspired November 8, 2016 at 6:49 am #

I preferred the one piece outfits too. I caved in even with the first of my 4 kids. Most of the pants looked so uncomfortable with the elastic waist. Jane looks like such a cuddlebug!

9. Summer Daisy November 8, 2016 at 8:03 am #

So pretty ♥

10. grandmagordy2 November 8, 2016 at 10:54 am #

Beautiful quilt and beautiful baby! I’m getting ready to go visit my 8th grandchild! I can’t wait.

11. Ellen Thompson November 9, 2016 at 4:09 am #

You are so generous to share your talents!

12. beckyroberts November 9, 2016 at 7:39 am #

Nice work! How you get quilts done with that adorable helper is beyond me!

13. Marianne November 9, 2016 at 9:53 am #

Cute, both your quilt and your assistant! I love her hair color. Reminds me of my daughter at that age complete with green eyes but both hair and eyes changed.

14. dispack November 9, 2016 at 2:30 pm #

Great Quilt!

15. jesusknowsmyname November 10, 2016 at 8:23 am #

Looking at little Jane… her soft baby hair, that velvet skin, the toothless sweet grin! You are so blessed to have a little one to hold, love, and take care of. What a delight (yes, I know they are work). God has entrusted her to you. And the quilt is super cute too. 😉

16. chezvies November 10, 2016 at 11:53 pm #

aww she’s too cute ! and the quilt too <3

17. Rachel at Stitched in Color November 11, 2016 at 1:05 pm #

Oh, she is growing up fast! So cute. I agree on the footed jammies. They should stop calling them jammies so we don’t have to feel strange about it, haha!

18. Susan November 12, 2016 at 4:50 am #

Such a cute little assistant! Won’t be too long and she’ll be quilting just like you. Love your quilt as always!

19. Stacy November 16, 2016 at 10:02 am #

Amen.. I had to appreciate your comment because I had the same thought recently.
    My Sophie, Baby #3 (7 months old) is in a sleeper most days though I have kept all of the cute clothes and outfits from her big Sister (now 6 year old).
    I bought your book in 2012 for boy quilt ideas for my son Josh (now 3) and have loved making many of the quilts and keeping or gifting them.
    Thanks for taking time (which I know if precious and fleeting) to share your terrific knowledge and creativity and for being an inspiration/remind us it’s possible to get things done! (amidst the Mom-Mom-Mom)
    I love checking in to your blog with a cup of cold tea. (some days it’s hot!)
    I made Christmas print pillowcases (magic pillowcase instructions) for the kids last year so we will be getting those out Dec 1.
    And… I finally put away the Halloween treat bags (pattern you shared ages ago). No more candy until Christmas. It’s the wrappers that drive me.

• Allison November 17, 2016 at 11:48 pm #

Thank you for this sweet comment…made my day amidst all the Mom-Mom-Mom! 😉 Have a great weekend! I’ll be throwing away the rest of our Halloween wrappers! 😉