Playful 2 and Celebrate in Hello Jane

Playful 2 Pattern in Hello Jane fabrics

Sophie is such a trooper…always holding up quilts and posing for quilt photos.  I’ll be helper-less next year when she’s in school!

Ever since I released my Playful pattern a few years ago I’ve had oodles of requests for it in a larger size.  It makes a great bed quilt size since it’s easy to put together, and honestly I’m not quite sure why I didn’t just make it in the larger sizes to begin with!  So now I’ve re-released it with more sizes in this pattern.  The blocks of the larger sizes are scaled larger, it includes 5 sizes, and uses fat quarters.  This version is of course made up in Hello Jane fabrics.

Playful 2 Pattern in Hello Jane fabrics

Playful 2 Quilt Pattern, Fat Quarter Friendly

The two photos above were taken a day apart.  One day it was sunny and the next day we woke up to snow.

Kaitlyn quilted this one and did a lovely job!

Playful 2 Pattern in Hello Jane fabrics

I also made up this version of the Celebrate pattern in Hello Jane.

If you haven’t seen Nettie’s version of Celebrate you have to here…I love it in the muted colors.

Celebrate Pattern in Hello Jane fabrics

Celebrate Pattern in Hello Jane fabrics

I quilted this one myself with my favorite (easiest) loopty loops.  I always plan on quilting something more complicated and instead I come back to the loops!

If you’ve never seen Lori’s free motion design tutorials you are missing out…run and look at how fun they are!!!  I tried the footballs a couple of years ago and it was a hot mess….but I need to have another go because they are so fun!

Celebrate Pattern in Hello Jane fabrics

17 Responses to Playful 2 and Celebrate in Hello Jane

1. Pat S February 21, 2017 at 6:25 pm #

Great looking quilt.

2. Kayli February 21, 2017 at 6:55 pm #

Love all of these so much!! It’s so funny because I was looking at Nettie’s version of the celebrate quilt the other day and I loved it and love the scalloped quilting on it, I need to try that!

3. Vicki February 21, 2017 at 7:54 pm #

Oh gosh, those tutorials ARE so cute! I’ve never seen them before, and I sure could use something besides figure 8s, loops, and wobbly lines! Thanks for the hot tip!

4. Jen February 21, 2017 at 8:04 pm #

Do any of the Celebrate or Playful 2 sizes work with precuts? I’m loving the Hello Jane collection! Can’t wait to get my hands of some…

• Allison February 21, 2017 at 11:54 pm #

Only Fat Quarters! Sorry!

5. Helen LeBrett February 21, 2017 at 10:33 pm #

Your Sophie is getting so big: no more baby pics!! She is a beautiful little girl! I remember when she was born: aak! I’ve been following you that long? It doesn’t seem like it!!! And your Hello Jane fabric is a show stopper: I’m in love with it!!! I love all the saturated colors: it’s like a beautiful, happy rainbow!! Congrats on a wonderful line!! Hugs, H

• Allison February 21, 2017 at 11:54 pm #

You’re so sweet Helen! Yes Sophie is growing up…it’s so sad but so fun at the same time. She’ll be in all day school next year and my heart can’t quite handle it! I’m going to be a mess the first day of school…I’m already dreading it! Thank you and have a wonderful day!

6. Little Quiltsong February 22, 2017 at 3:49 am #

If I could only do your lovely loops as quilting, I would be very happy!! Love your new fabric!!

7. Colleen Coffman February 22, 2017 at 10:53 am #

Love your fabrics and patterns! I need to make the first one here for my granddaughter. She loves pinwheels. Thank you for all you do!

8. Robby February 22, 2017 at 7:47 pm #

Somehow, I love this new fabric line a little more each time I see it. That purple is the perfect purple to go with the other colors. And the plaid!

9. dispack February 23, 2017 at 6:00 am #

She is darling and the quilts are lovely. You are a sewing mad woman! 🙂

10. Judi February 23, 2017 at 8:00 am #

My daughter and I each made a Playful Christmas quilt! We love them! Of course the pinwheels were in red and white for that special holiday pop.

• Allison February 23, 2017 at 9:44 am #

Oh now I’m going to have to make a Playful Christmas quilt! I don’t know why I never thought of that but it’s perfect for Christmas! Thanks for the idea!

11. Vanessa March 14, 2017 at 2:03 pm #

I really like your patterns and fabrics for these quilts…beautiful!

12. Michelle March 25, 2017 at 8:54 pm #

I love this pattern! And your Happy Jane fabrics are sooo pretty!

13. grace March 27, 2017 at 11:57 pm #

I am looking for a pattern for my daughter that is 43yrs old. she doesn’t like flowers and I am at my ends wits at what to make can some one give me a idea.