Shortcake in Hello Jane

Shortcake Quilt Pattern, Jelly Roll Friendly

(photo by Holly)

I’ve been in a funk the past week…the kind where I want to laze around the house and ignore the world.  Then today, the sun was shining bright and all 4 of my kids slept in until 8 o’clock (cue the angel chorus), and I gave the house a good cleaning.  It’s amazing what good sleep, sun, and a freshly cleaned house can do for my soul!

Anyways…back to the quilt!

Shortcake Quilt Pattern, Jelly Roll Friendly

I absolutely love this quilt so much.  The pattern is Shortcake (found here) and the fabric is a jelly roll of Hello Jane (it comes out in May!).

I thought maybe this pattern would be too busy for all of these fabrics together, but I ended up really loving it…this one will stay out all summer long.

Shortcake Quilt Pattern, Jelly Roll Friendly

I backed this one with a 108″ wide print from the Story collection for Windham Fabrics.  The backing is crazy simple to piece and yet I love not having to piece it with the wide backings!

Shortcake Quilt, Jelly Roll Friendly

I quilted this one myself, and bound it with my machine binding technique you can find here.

Shortcake Quilt, Jelly Roll Friendly

Shortcake Quilt, Jelly Roll Friendly

I’m curating April’s Quilters Candy Box!  They do a great job of putting together a fun box full of quilting goodies.

You can find out more about it here, and I hope you’ll love what I chose!

Quilters Candy Box

Have a wonderful and hopefully sunny weekend!

25 Responses to Shortcake in Hello Jane

1. Little Quiltsong March 17, 2017 at 4:20 am #

This is beautiful in Hello Jane! I’m really looking forward to your new line coming out – my oldest loves, loves the purples you put in there with the many other colors to coordinate. Thank You!!

• Allison March 19, 2017 at 1:07 pm #

Oh I’m so glad and thank you!!

2. Die Bildersammlerin March 17, 2017 at 4:59 am #

Ein wunderschöner, frischer, farbenfroher und herrlicher Frühlingsquilt. Gefällt mir ausserordentlich gut. Lieber Gruß, die Bildersammlerin!

3. Judy Chastain March 17, 2017 at 6:30 am #

I love the fabrics and the quilt. I see Hello Jane in my future!

4. Rita Long March 17, 2017 at 6:36 am #

I really like this quilt. It’s so cheerful.

5. Cindy in NC March 17, 2017 at 7:19 pm #

I made this quilt a few years ago out of High Street by Lily Ashbury. Cheery fabric, and the pattern was a dream. I looks wonderful in Hello Jane.

• Allison March 19, 2017 at 1:06 pm #

Oh I loved that line I bet your quilt is beautiful!

6. Rosemaryflower March 18, 2017 at 7:18 am #

Allison, this is an adorable quilt made with Hello Jane. I just love it.
    I know the funk thing. I get it a lot lately, but I have had way too much drama the past 6 months.
    I do love a clean house.
    Sometimes we have to find just a little change (like Stouffers, or Papa Johns) and some restful moments

• Allison March 19, 2017 at 1:06 pm #

You speak my language with the easy meals! 🙂 Hope your drama is settling down!

7. kathy o March 18, 2017 at 8:03 am #

Oh – how I love this quilt! I can see how it picked you up out of your funkiness. That backing is perfect – I just got me a bunch, too.

8. Vicki Lou March 18, 2017 at 12:00 pm #

Allison, I love the simplicity and freshness of your quilts. Thank you for sharing them!

9. farmhousequiltsblog March 18, 2017 at 1:58 pm #

Happy quilt….I love it! And I understand the funk thing completely! What you need is some sunshine …or some quilting time 😀
    Take care!

10. Anna Graham March 19, 2017 at 6:45 am #

so pretty! It looks so happy!

11. Rachel at Stitched in Color March 19, 2017 at 10:38 am #

Very pretty and summery. I’m glad you’re feeling better =)

12. Karina March 19, 2017 at 1:47 pm #

Hello Allison! Your quilt is lovely. The color choices are perfect. I will wait until May to buy these fabrics. I would like to ask your opinion in using muslin as backing. Is it worth it?

• Allison Harris March 20, 2017 at 1:42 pm #

Hi Karina! I’ve never used muslin for a back, only cotton quilting fabric, or an occasional cotton flat sheet if I find a nice one. If you don’t mind muslin on the back I don’t see why it wouldn’t work just fine, just make sure you pre-wash it and shrink it before hand!

• Karina March 20, 2017 at 3:17 pm #

Thanks for the input Allison! Just so you’ll know, every time I visit your website I listen to the song My Girl by the Temptations. Just because every thing you do is pretty, and I immediately think of that song. Lol!

• Allison March 20, 2017 at 10:07 pm #

LOL! That’s the best thing I’ve heard all week!!

13. mary clabots March 19, 2017 at 3:01 pm #

The quilt is wonderful– so bright and sunny!

I love Shortcake — I have made 2 baby quilts (gifts) and a lap quilt for us (in Chance of Flowers). It is our ‘summer’ living room quilt– but I can’t put it out yet– we still have snow! And just today I am starting on two twin sized Shortcake quilts for a friend (in Windemere). Can’t wait until Hello Jane is out.

14. Helen LeBrett March 20, 2017 at 1:10 pm #

This is probably one of the happiest quilts I’ve ever seen: I love the bright, happy colors!! Remind us again when the line comes out, because I want some of it!! Hugs, H

15. Suzanne E March 30, 2017 at 1:39 pm #

I recently used your machine binding technique. Super easy and turned out great. Thanks so much!!!!

Trackbacks/Pingbacks