Bounce

Bounce, by Cluck Cluck Sew for Windham fabrics

I finally get to share Bounce with you today!

This is my 6th (!) fabric collection with Windham Fabrics.  I actually sketched out the art for this line way back in 2012, but the timing just never worked to release it.  After my last fabric line I took a longer and much needed break from designing, and afterwards it just felt right to try something different and new!   I’m always sewing and quilting for kids, so it was so fun to actually design a fabric line more geared to them.

Bounce, by Cluck Cluck Sew for Windham fabrics

When we lived in Ohio I found a vintage Jacks game at a swap meet.  The packaging was pretty beat up, but it was adorable with faded primary colors, big block letters, with a red and blue striped bouncy ball inside.  I bought the set for the ball inside, but forgot about it until a couple of years later when we moved again and I found it in a box of random junk.  I kept the ball, threw away the packaging and jacks, then wouldn’t you know it….later that year it was the inspiration for this line (and I was kicking myself for throwing away that package!).

Bounce by Windham Fabrics

I wanted this line to feel playful and light, but still in my favorite colors that blend seamlessly with my other collections.  There are bouncy balls, jacks, clouds, a few flowers, and my favorite block letter print.  Even though I designed this line with kids in mind, it still has some great colors and prints that work for everyone.

Rainy Day Jr. Free Pattern in Bounce

Rainy Day Jr.  pattern by Pen+Paper Patterns found here.

Free fabric beach balls pattern found here.

Off Track Pattern in Bounce Fabrics

Off Track Pattern in Bounce Fabrics

Off Track jelly roll pattern found here.

Geranium Dress Sewing Pattern in Bounce

Geranium Dress Pattern by Made By Rae found here.  The sucker was bribery.

Ziggy Baby Quilt in Bounce Fabrics

Ziggy Baby pattern found here.

Drawstring Bag Pattern in Bounce

Drawstring Backpack tutorial by Sew Can She found here.

Libby Quilt Pattern in Bounce Fabrics

Libby Quilt Pattern by Kitchen Table Quilting found here.

Libby Quilt Pattern in Bounce Fabrics

Many of the photos were taken by Brianne Serrano Photography.    All of these projects and quilts were made with the help of caffeine, pizza for dinner on repeat, my Mom babysitting, no clean laundry, and me not sleeping for a week.  For reals.

Bounce by Windham Fabrics

Bounce is on sale to quilt shops now through Windham Fabrics.  It comes out to stores in March 2019 (it will be here before we know it!).

You can see my whole Look book for this collection HERE, and I’ll share more of my other projects next week in another post so I don’t put you to sleep reading this one.

As always, thank you for your support, kindness, and encouragement.  I wouldn’t be able to do anything I do without this wonderful community!

46 Responses to Bounce

1. Debbie October 18, 2018 at 6:06 am #

Love your new line. There is something about bright colors and white that pulls me in. Can’t wait to see it in the shops. I have made those beach balls, the grandkids and papa love them.

• Allison October 18, 2018 at 9:23 am #

Thank you! I have made tons of those balls…they are the best!

2. Sheila Otte October 18, 2018 at 6:27 am #

Oh my! What a fun collection of fabrics! Absolutely love the bright colors and designs. The samples are great for kick starting the inspiration and imagination. Thanks, Allison!

3. Linda@RoscoesMa October 18, 2018 at 6:38 am #

LOVE!

4. selina October 18, 2018 at 7:06 am #

This is a terrific line. I just love it and I say that with no kids in my life. The quilts you choose to high-lite your designs were spot on. I’m sure I’ll find someone who is having a grand or great grand to use it come the spring, Congrats

• Annie October 18, 2018 at 8:12 am #

Sekina, you took the words right out of my mind! The fabric is delightful and the quilts truly highlight them. I cannot wait to use them for children’s quilts. Having no babies in our family anymore, I keep turning out baby and children’s quilts ‘just in case’ someone I know will have a baby or a child needing cozy quilt comfort while recovering from an illness, and to donate to the local pediatric ward of my local hospital. There is never an end to need.

• Allison October 18, 2018 at 9:24 am #

Thanks Selina and Annie!!

5. Laura Piland October 18, 2018 at 7:59 am #

Congrats, Allison! I love the color palette and loops prints!

6. happyquiltingmelissa October 18, 2018 at 8:17 am #

This line is absolutely adorable!!! I love it!!! And wow, you made a lot of projects, I hope you get some rest soon ;)

• Allison October 18, 2018 at 9:24 am #

You know how it goes…no rest for the weary! ;) Or something like that!

7. Terrie D. October 18, 2018 at 9:31 am #

This looks like such a fun fabric line! These projects are great; :)

8. Jude Jones October 18, 2018 at 10:15 am #

LOVE on repeat ❤️💙💚! 😘

9. Kim B. October 18, 2018 at 10:47 am #

This is a very charming line!! Congratulations!! And indeed the quilts and projects to be made with it will warm up the heart of any child!

10. Jamie October 18, 2018 at 11:21 am #

Wow, what a great collection! I just loved scrolling through all those creations made with your fabrics. Fantastic!!!

11. Rebecca S. October 18, 2018 at 12:00 pm #

First off—LOVE that blue! This is darling. Such a great line for gender neutral baby quilts; so many of the young mamas I know are waiting until birth to find out the gender. Can’t wait to see this in person.

• Allison October 18, 2018 at 2:31 pm #

Yay that was my goal! Gender neutral and still fun and not all yellow! ;) Thanks!

12. Rosemaryflower October 18, 2018 at 2:10 pm #

This post was great and not sleep inducing haha
    I love this new collection of fabrics. Now that I am a gramma, this is fabric I must have!!

• Allison October 18, 2018 at 2:33 pm #

LOL I’m glad there was no sleeping on the post reading! ;)

13. Cynthiav October 18, 2018 at 4:14 pm #

March?? Noooo….I.Want.It.Now.! So stinkin’ adorable. This is my new fave and I can’t wait to get my hands on it. I love what you’ve done with it in your samples too — from the quilts to the dress and, of course, the balls. Just take my money, please :)

• Allison October 19, 2018 at 9:16 am #

I know…it’s so mean to make us wait! Thank you!

14. Little Quiltsong October 18, 2018 at 5:17 pm #

Absolutely love your new line! So bright and cheerful – and perfect for the quilts I love to sew. Such beautiful, beautiful prints.

15. Kelly October 18, 2018 at 7:44 pm #

Hi Allison, congratulations on your new collection! It is so fun, colourful and playful. I absolutely love your fabrics and style, with clear, fresh bright colours – and I especially love that this kid-friendly fabric is great for boys AND girls. There are so many pretty and girly fabrics, but never that many non-babyish fabrics to choose from for boys. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

• Allison October 19, 2018 at 9:16 am #

Thank YOU Kelly for the kind comment!!

16. Kathy R. October 19, 2018 at 4:35 am #

A beautiful line! The colors & prints are what any child would adore in a quilt. Congratulations! The quilts & balls look great.

17. Susan BELLONA October 19, 2018 at 9:22 am #

Love it. Can’t wait to get may hands on it.

18. Barbara Gordy October 19, 2018 at 9:37 am #

Another gorgeous line of fabric. Well done!

19. Lily October 20, 2018 at 8:28 am #

But the last thing you mention actually means there was a lot of stress behind all those cheerful bright projects…why does it have to be like that…?
    I read so many posts and see so many tutorials that all imply that quilting is actually a lot of stress… yet they always have to add how fun and therapeutic it is…
    But if so, then it cannot be stressful. something just doesn’t add up here.
    must be that all those demands and deadlines from companies just don’t let it be a happy enjoyable process… all i hear is that people are in a hurry and want it quick and give them that *mindless* sewing…
    but where is quality in that?

• Allison October 20, 2018 at 5:54 pm #

Fabric companies order “pre-yardage” of their new lines coming out to preview at Quilt Market (a wholesale show twice a year). So usually by the time we get fabric from overseas…there is a week or two to make everything, photograph everything, and get photos to the company so they can sell it! Mostly it’s just the shipping takes so long, it leaves very little time to actually sew. Luckily I only have to sew crazy like this for a week or so every year…other than that sewing is very enjoyable and mindless! This is my last crazy sewing session for another year or so, back to all non stress. :) Sewing should be fun, but if you are working and it’s your job…there are always moments of stress!

20. Debbie October 21, 2018 at 7:05 am #

love your new line!

21. Kathi Riemer October 21, 2018 at 9:01 am #

What great colors! I love all of the projects you’ve made with the fabrics.

22. Christine October 22, 2018 at 7:38 am #

Congratulations!! You really do have a gift, Allison. I’m in love with this collection!

23. Paige October 24, 2018 at 6:44 am #

I just LOVE it! Congratulations! What wonderful and fun collection. Can’t wait to see it in person at my LQS.

24. Elizabeth October 29, 2018 at 4:46 am #

I am loving this fabric collection! It is so fun and playful! Awesome job!!!

25. Sara October 31, 2018 at 11:34 am #

I love it all! So fun!

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. A Little More Bounce | Cluck Cluck Sew - October 24, 2018

[…] you for the kind words and comments about my Bounce fabric!   It was really fun to design and sew with…and share with you!   I have a few more projects […]