Floral Trellis Finish + an Impulse Buy

Trellis Quilt Pattern

Anyone else have so much to do that you do nothing?

I’m already in Christmas break mode.

Trellis Quilt Pattern

I finished up my floral Trellis quilt last week.  I purchased a minky back for it and sent it to be quilted by Kaitlyn in a pretty flower design.   I think I’m going to save this one until someone I know has a baby girl to gift it to…this was a “just for fun” sew!

Trellis Quilt Pattern

Did you take advantage of any Black Friday sales last month?  I did so well using my stash this past year and buying minimal fabric, but now I’m out of some of my favorite basics and colors.

It was a good time to replenish, and this Rollakan fabric by Cathy Nordstrom was a total impulse buy that might be my favorite fabric of the past year.  I added in a couple other basics with it, and I’m ready to make a January quilt.

Jane and I braved Costco today with 40000000 other people and we barely survived.

She wouldn’t wear her coat, will only wear her “shiny” sandals, and will only sit in the cart if bribed with ice cream while we shop.

Good luck with all of your Christmas preparations…and remember that ice cream while shopping makes everything better.   ;)

18 Responses to Floral Trellis Finish + an Impulse Buy

1. Little Quiltsong December 20, 2019 at 3:40 am #

Awww – she is just adorable! Beautiful quilt – and lovely new fabrics to sew a January quilt with. Happy times. I’m waaaayyy behind on Christmas decorating, but the baking is done – whew :)!

• Allison December 22, 2019 at 9:24 pm #

I’ll swap you….I am baking today but I’ve got all the decorating done. ;) Merry Christmas!

2. suzanne December 20, 2019 at 4:21 am #

I hate being in Costco. Maybe ice cream would help me too? Might need to be chocolate though.

• Allison December 22, 2019 at 9:24 pm #

They will add the chocolate sauce to the ice cream for you…it makes shopping bearable. ;)

3. KimS December 20, 2019 at 5:01 am #

Just go with it at this point. Everyday I have a mental to do list and everyday I revise it down. It will all work out. Merry Christmas! Your quilt is beautiful. If I don’t have time to quilt right now, I can at least appreciate yours and dream about a slow January in my studio! I am going to take a cue from your daughter and chill with some ice cream!

• Allison December 22, 2019 at 9:25 pm #

I’m ready for some slow January sewing too! This season just flew by!

4. Shannon December 20, 2019 at 5:05 am #

What a gorgeous quilt! And I can’t wait to see you work your magic with the Rollakan collection! Happy stitching :)

5. Joyce December 20, 2019 at 7:25 am #

Thank you for all your extremely helpful quilting tutorials and your design ideas. In my second year of quilting and you have helped me so much. I made a quilt for my 1yr old granddaughter inspired by your Playful pattern using pinwheels and hearts (and mermaids and fishies). Have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!

• Allison December 22, 2019 at 9:25 pm #

I’m so glad you’ve found my site helpful! Your playful quilt sounds darling…and perfect for a cute 1 year old, how fun!!

6. Phoebe Bell Ingraham December 20, 2019 at 4:49 pm #

I’m sorry, but I have a question and I can’t think who to ask. I’ve googled everything I can think of, washed and dry cleaned, and I’m out of ideas. By any chance, do you have any advice getting 505 spray baste out of fabric? I’ll take any ideas or experience you have. Thank you!!

• Allison December 22, 2019 at 9:26 pm #

Hmm…mine has always just washed out in the laundry with no problems. I would email the company, it almost sounds like something isn’t right if it’s not washing out easily!

7. dondim December 21, 2019 at 8:28 am #

I would spoil Jane, too! Everyone spoils her last child. It’s a historic precedent so you can’t be blamed for this. I’m late in commenting. This quilt is great. Thanks for the tutorial on your diagonal tape demo! I wish I had seen this in October or early November, but not to worry because I have the knowledge now. Plus, I bought two rolls of your tape when you first offered it! I have spent so much time drawing lines on the backs of fabric, but no more! Merry Christmas to you and your great family!

• Allison December 22, 2019 at 9:27 pm #

I’m glad I’m not the only one spoiling the last child…and I had to be careful for Christmas, she was SO MUCH FUN to shop for I bought her way too many things and had barely anything for the other kids. It helps that toys for 3 year olds are also much cheaper than everything the 12 year old wants! ;) I’m glad you like the tape too!! -Allison

8. Robby H. December 22, 2019 at 8:12 am #

I see Jane has adopted my “Winter Denial” philosophy! The decadence of ice cream in December cannot be over rated. Merry Christmas!

• Allison December 22, 2019 at 9:28 pm #

Yep she totally is…and my middle schooler insists on wearing shorts and no jacket to school, so we are basically Summer still over here. ;) Merry Christmas to you also!

9. Rosemaryflower December 22, 2019 at 9:01 am #

Allison, I love this quilt, and I love this little girl. I want to make a quilt like this.
    I hope you have a happy Merry joy filled Christmas

• Allison December 22, 2019 at 9:29 pm #

Thank you! We are having a wonderful slow Christmas season…I hope you have a Merry Christmas this week too. I can’t believe it’s in a few days!