Wish Pattern

Wish Quilt Pattern, Cluck Cluck Sew

If there was ever a year to wish on a falling star….this would be it!

Wish is my newest pattern, and it might just top the list as my brightest quilt yet.

Wish Quilt Pattern, Cluck Cluck Sew

When planning out this quilt I started with a dark background and moody golds and yellows…but then I saw these True Color fabrics by Tula Pink and dropped everything!  They are saturated and whimsical…perfect for shooting stars.

This quilt can be made with all fat quarters, or you can use a jelly roll for the star tails and fat quarters for the star.  One jelly roll + 4 fat quarters and a background will make a Throw size.

Wish Quilt Pattern, Cluck Cluck Sew

This quilt would be great for a beginner with some experience piecing angled seams.  The blocks are big, and only 15 blocks make up the throw size.

Of course I also used Diagonal Seam Tape which makes these blocks a billion times (or so) faster to sew.

Wish Quilt Pattern, Cluck Cluck Sew

I used my favorite white as the background, Bella Solids 9900-200 Off White (it’s not really off white…I’d call it more a creamy white in person).

Wish Quilt Pattern, Cluck Cluck Sew

Wish Quilt Pattern, Cluck Cluck Sew

I sent this quilt to Knot and Thread Design so she could quilt it with a shooting star design.

It’s hard to see in a photo but it’s perfect!

Wish Quilt Pattern, Cluck Cluck Sew

Wish Quilt Pattern, Cluck Cluck Sew

Wouldn’t this quilt be perfect for a teenage girl?  I don’t think it’s too “young” looking…but then again I haven’t been a teenager for a very long time!

Here’s a mockup of a night sky version I was planning…I love it even more with a dark background and lots of pretty golds.

Wish Quilt Pattern, Cluck Cluck Sew

I’m finishing up a Christmas version of this pattern I’ll share next week, it’s SO GOOD!!

Wish Quilt Pattern, Cluck Cluck Sew

The Wish pattern can be found here as  PDF and here as  Paper pattern.

THANK YOU for visiting my blog or reading my emails, and for your encouragement and support.  I love this community, it’s been such a huge part of my life and I’m so grateful for each of you.

15 Responses to Wish Pattern

1. Stephanie Johnson November 24, 2020 at 7:49 am #

This is such a lovely and bright quilt! just what is needed today. You have such a gift!

• Allison November 26, 2020 at 9:09 pm #

Thank you Stephanie!

2. Debbie November 24, 2020 at 12:03 pm #

White and bright, my favorite combination. Making note of the white fabric. In stores many seem more an “off white”, will look for this. Have a wonderful holiday and thanks for great inspiration!

• Allison November 26, 2020 at 9:09 pm #

It is very bright! Hope you had a nice holiday!

3. Carol Johnson November 25, 2020 at 6:40 am #

Hi Allison: Stay safe and warm in your family nest these holidays. Just bought your new Wish Pattern. Your fabric selection always draws me to your patterns. When you mention a particular collection I’m not sure where to find them. Do you go to the designers website? Eg: If I put in Tula Pink in some shops up come a few of her prints, but not the abundance you seem to find. Thanks for any hints. And Bless your Buttons for Sharing your Gift with all of us, Carol in Michigan.

• Sheila in WI November 25, 2020 at 7:20 am #

In her post, Allison did include a link to the Fat Quarter Shop and the fabric that she used. Hope this was helpful.

• Carol Johnson November 26, 2020 at 9:45 am #

Thanks Sheila! No excuse not to have seen that! Thanks so much!

• Allison November 26, 2020 at 9:10 pm #

Thanks Sheila!

• Allison November 26, 2020 at 9:10 pm #

Hi Carol! Usually when I’m looking for a fabric line I just type the whole thing into Google and it will bring up many shops that have it. Usually the larger shops like Fat Quarter Shop or Missouri Star company have the whole lines, so that’s always a good place to start looking. If you ever need help finding fabric just email me and I’m happy to try to help!

4. Janet November 25, 2020 at 11:36 am #

Thanks so much for the sale. I strolled on over and ordered 6 patterns.
    And have a Happy Thanksgiving!

• Allison November 26, 2020 at 9:11 pm #

Thank you Janet, I hope you’ll enjoy making them!

5. Renae November 27, 2020 at 8:58 am #

Hoping to make this like your darker version but use red and white stripes and donate to Veteran’s Hospital. Love your patterns and diagonal seam tape!

6. pammie December 19, 2020 at 7:21 am #

I am making the WISH pattern now in baby size. used my stash in pinks, purples and blues with yellow stars. I love this pattern.
    Hubby wants me to do 1 with red stars. deciding colors for tails…..any suggestions ?????

• Allison December 19, 2020 at 7:40 pm #

Oooh red stars would be pretty! Maybe all different shades of blues and grays for the star tails? It would be patriotic but not too much.

7. Mo February 18, 2021 at 8:01 am #

Hey Allison! I am a dummy and bought a layer cake of Melody Miller’s Rise fabric before planning out what quilt pattern I wanted to use. I fell in LOVE with this pattern as soon as I saw it. Wish is the next quilt I want to make after finally finishing my queen sized Bizzy Kid quilt after two years (I did a full home reno/moveout/covid in the middle of it so there were some issues finishing it). I HAVE to make Wish – it is too beautiful not to. But I already bought the layer cake… and the jelly rolls, I would need to buy more than one to make the throw sized. Do you think it would be physically possible (though more cutting and extra seams) to make the throw sized Wish with one junior jelly roll with 20 strips and one layer cake with 40 10″ squares? I know it’s a difference of what, $20?? But I hate waste! I don’t want the layer cake to go to waste… just curious! Thank you!