An August Shimmer Quilt

I hosted my first sew-a-long in 2019 for this Shimmer quilt pattern…and promptly realized I am very bad at doing sew-a-longs!

Good news is, I just finished this quilt 3 years later and I LOVE it.  It’s a perfect quilt to finish this summer.

Shimmer Quilt Pattern

I sent it to Kait for quilting, I love the design she chose!   The back is the large floral from my Backyard Blooms collection (discontinued).

While my boys were fishing out at the beach one evening, I snapped some photos with my quilt holder-upper:

Isn’t she cute?  Sophie is 9, in braces, has the most beautiful curly red hair, and is always bubbly.  I don’t share my kids here much anymore…but I miss seeing their cute faces in posts now and then!

Since finishing this one I cleaned up my sewing space and I’m waiting for inspiration to strike…I need another fun, easy going, slow paced sewing project to start.  This was a perfect one to make block by block, and use up larger scraps.

The pattern is Shimmer (the Throw size is shown here, the Twin is on the pattern cover).  The fabric was a huge mix of scraps and random pieced I had saved.

Oh and yes…the boys caught fish while we took quilt photos at the beach, I’ll spare you those photos…but they were nice big salmon!

9 Responses to An August Shimmer Quilt

1. Kara Benavides August 4, 2021 at 5:47 am #

Beautiful!

2. rajkkhoja August 4, 2021 at 7:20 am #

Very nice.

3. Tina Ottolino August 4, 2021 at 7:41 am #

Your quilt is beautiful 🤩 and so is the holder-upper. I understand concerns regarding sharing pictures of your family in your posts, social media is definitely a double edged sword. That being said, I believe candid photos make you more relatable as a person. You give me confidence to try quilt patterns above my perceived skill set. Hey, if you’re a regular mom with a fairly regular life, maybe I can do this too. Thank you for sharing your time and talent. 😊Tina

• Allison August 4, 2021 at 10:18 am #

Thank you for the wonderful comment and feedback, it is both to juggle a good amount to share! Thanks for visiting!

4. Susan Salo August 4, 2021 at 10:26 am #

I loved and bought this pattern back during the sew-along, (which I couldn’t do), and I still love it and will make it yet some day!

5. Marty August 7, 2021 at 8:19 pm #

Allison, I love this quilt! I too bought the pattern and had hoped to do the QAL, but wasn’t able to. It is in my list of quilts, to make for me. It’s a beautiful quilt. And your daughter is adorable!

6. Beth August 8, 2021 at 6:40 am #

Love the quilt! I agree on your view of your children photos on social media but your daughter is beautiful! Thanks for sharing. ❤