I promised some of you instructions for this a few days ago…better late than never! These are super quick instructions…once you start I’m positive you can figure this puppy out on your own, but here’s some guidance if you need it.
1. Make a quilt sandwich for the front pocket, and one for the back of the wrap. Just make sure they are bigger than your finished wrap will be (about the size of a fat quarter).
2. Quilt the front pocket and quilt the wrap back.
3. Cut the back piece to size in the “kite” shape. You can either use my super high tech diagram and measurements up there or you can grab your most loved baby doll and measure it, leaving about 3” on either side of the doll.
4. Cut the pocket piece to size, using the cut back as a guide. Bind the top edge of the pocket using a double fold binding and trim the edges to match the back once it’s pinned on.
5. Pin the pocket piece to the back piece. Bind around the entire thing and your done! I didn’t use a bias binding because of the stripe and it was still pretty easy to bind around.
Happy baby making! Oh wait….baby wrap making. 😉