Hearts Roundup

Heart Blocks  with Tutorial

After seeing so many adorable heart quilts over the past couple of years I finally started my own this week.  I have so many random sized pieces of reds and pinks that I’m ready to use up…so a heart quilt was calling my name.

Heart Quilt Block Tutorial

I’m making the 8″ finished blocks (tutorial here!).  I figure if I make a handful each day I’ll have enough to make a nice big throw size without sashing within a week or two.

If you ever make these big hearts remember to use this tip here….and make an extra scrap HST you can use later!

Scrap saving HST trick!!!

Since we still have a month until Valentines day, here’s a quick roundup of my past heart projects/tutorials!

Heart Blocks in Multiple Sizes

Making Heart Blocks in Multiple Sizes

I Heart You free mini quilt pattern

I Heart You Free Mini Quilt Pattern

Heart Pillow How To

Red Hearts Pillow

Simple Heart Quilt Tutorial

Simple Heart Baby Quilt

Bring on all the hearts.  Have a great weekend!

20 Responses to Hearts Roundup

1. Aimee January 13, 2017 at 3:58 pm #

I’m making one now! I’m making 100 4.5″ hearts and then 2.5″ sashing. I think I bit off more than I can chew. Slow and steady. Instead of making a few hearts a day I’m doing them all together. So I just finished chain piecing all the 2.5 background squares onto the patterned rectangles. Next comes the 400 1″ squares!

• Allison January 16, 2017 at 8:13 pm #

It’s a big project but it’s going to be AMAZING when you’re done!! Even if it’s next year! 😉

2. Janice Holton January 13, 2017 at 10:54 pm #

All these valentine hearts are so yummy! Fun to see. I’m hoping to finish up a hearts and chevron quilt this month. I’ve been putting it off since August! The piecing is done, just have one more row of quilting. Thanks for sharing these hearts to remind me!

3. Ada January 14, 2017 at 12:33 am #

Lots of hearts. Lovely. I am still thinking whether I should make a Valentine’s cushion or not! Leave it for next year!

4. Barb Brandt January 14, 2017 at 4:57 am #

Love the multiple sizing chart. Definitely precut friendly and a stash buster project for those random bundle left-overs, too. Thanks!!

5. Heide January 14, 2017 at 5:01 am #

Super cute! getting into heart making myself….Those 8″ hearts are fun to make.

6. Rosemaryflower January 14, 2017 at 6:28 am #

Very very cute!

7. kathy o January 14, 2017 at 7:02 am #

I “heart” that pillow so much!

8. Little Quiltsong January 14, 2017 at 7:29 am #

Your heart blocks and projects are always a favorite to make! Thank you, Allison!!

9. Vicki January 14, 2017 at 4:08 pm #

When I saw your heart baby quilt last year, I **had** to have a pastel heart quilt, too! But since I wanted to *have* a heart quilt, and not *make* a heart quilt with all those pieced blocks, I raw-edge appliqued them onto a big piece of white Kona already spray basted to batting and backing, and I used the stitching around the edges to quilt the thing together. It turned out pretty cute for a shortcut quilt, haha! 😉

• Allison January 16, 2017 at 8:12 pm #

That sounds darling! I love a good shortcut always.

• Karen Gerig January 26, 2017 at 12:09 pm #

Can you direct me to the heart baby quilt on the blog?

10. Claudia W January 14, 2017 at 5:42 pm #

Oh so adorable! Love all your heart things…get it? Love…hearts…okay, I’ll stop!

11. dispack January 14, 2017 at 5:43 pm #

I love it all! Bless your little heart! 🙂 hey tho’, question: you did the heart block tutorial, but didn’t make a quilt of hearts??? I thought you had done one?

• Allison January 16, 2017 at 8:12 pm #

No I didn’t….can you believe it? I made the heart baby quilt, then had so many people ask for the heart sizes that I made the tutorial for the heart blocks…but I never actually made a quilt! That all changes this week! 😉

12. Myste Pedals January 17, 2017 at 7:20 pm #

very cute, thanks hon

13. Rosanna January 27, 2017 at 6:15 am #

I made your Hourglass quilt for my sister’s baby, your Sweet’n’Sassy one for my own daughter born in August and now I’m working on this heart quilt for when she needs a bigger one. I’ve decided to make the hearts plain bubble-gum pink and floral around them. I’m also making a set of hotpads for my sister’s wedding using this heart block.
    love the blog!

• Allison February 6, 2017 at 10:48 pm #

You are busy!! Thank you!! -Allison

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Five for Friday - The Crafty Mummy - January 19, 2017

[…] seen these patchwork hearts around the Web and want to make some, you can find the tutorial over at Cluck Cluck Sew. You’re […]

2. Valentine's Quilt Projects - January 20, 2017

[…] Allison from Cluck Cluck Sew has a collection of free projects with patchwork hearts. […]