Spring Squares and Strips

Spring Squares and Strips Quilt, Free Pattern, Fat Quarter Friendly

Well hey!  Now that baseball has started for both boys I pretty much live at the baseball fields and survive off of concession stand pretzels.  Not much sewing happens during baseball season unfortunately!

Since I had this quilt all basted from the Spray Basting Tutorial I thought I might as well do a quick quilting job.  Thank you for all the wonderful comments and input on that post by the way…I love learning from you guys and I got some wonderful tips and ideas!

Spring Squares and Strips Quilt, Free Pattern, Fat Quarter Friendly

I did some super big and quick loopty loops on this quilt so I could send it to it’s new home.

Spring Squares and Strips Quilt, Free Pattern, Fat Quarter Friendly

If you missed it this quilt is made with the free Squares and Strips tutorial you can find here (click here).  The previous post about this quilt is here

Squares and Strips Quilt, Free Pattern, Fat Quarter Friendly

I had so much curating April’s Quilters Candy Box!   I love this collection Fresh Dew by Paula and Waffle for Dear Stella fabrics…chickens!

Quilters Candy Box April

Quilters Candy Box April

So cute…I’ve already got plans for these!  When baseball is done of course.  For now I’ll be living in my van at the baseball fields.  Send help.  😉

Have a great weekend!

13 Responses to Spring Squares and Strips

1. Anita Howard April 28, 2017 at 5:11 pm #

I loved my Quilters Candy box. As soon as I saw that you were curating it, I knew I had to sign up for it! I was so excited to get two of your patterns that I didn’t already have. My quilting gloves were wearing out so, these were perfect too! Thank you for choosing ALL great items. Now I just need to decide what I’m going to make with the Fresh Dew fat quarters!!!

2. Gloria Cotten April 28, 2017 at 6:22 pm #

Love the way this quilt turned out! Super job!

3. Rosemaryflower April 29, 2017 at 6:30 am #

I remember those days. I did a lot of reading back then. Of course mine were not baseball fields, just a lot of after school activities almost every single day.
    I do remember wishing I had an oven and a sewing machine in the back so I could get dinner made and make stuff, but back then I read all of the Harry Potter books as they came out.
    I love this joyful quilt. I love your style of quilting too.

4. AndreaH April 29, 2017 at 8:45 am #

I would love to get help identifying some of the fabrics. I have figured out some of them but the pink/white circle and the zig zag green are stumping me. Any help appreciated 🙂

• Allison April 29, 2017 at 7:31 pm #

Andrea the green zig zag is by Dear Stella, it’s their zig zag basic I think. The pink/white circle is a print by Art Gallery, I think it’s also a basic they also carry. Both were purchased from hawthornethreads.com Hope that helps! -Allison

5. Myra @ Busy Hands Quilts April 29, 2017 at 10:01 am #

Uh oh, there’s a fox in the chicken box! Did you see it?

• Allison April 29, 2017 at 7:30 pm #

Lol I just got this! 😉

6. Donna F. April 30, 2017 at 4:39 pm #

I went back to 2012 to get the pattern. it appears there are no cutting instructions. Is that correct or do I need to reread the pattern again? thank-you

• Allison May 8, 2017 at 8:43 pm #

They are still there, right under the material requirements table it will tell you “click here” for fat quarters or 1/4 yards. Don’t read it on a mobile device…for some reason my tables don’t work with mobile devices!

7. KeithKatie Morse May 7, 2017 at 5:43 pm #

It’s baseball at our house too. My kids have permanent green blue and purple tongues from all the ring pops they have bought at concessions (after I banned gum…after finding it under the 2 feet of stuff in my van) it makes me feel more normal when I realize you aren’t super mom and able to sew all the time while running kids either

• Allison May 8, 2017 at 8:39 pm #

YES….ring pops are the worst and we’ve probably had 100 of them since baseball started! I’m scared to look in the backseat of my van…it might be easier to light it on fire and walk away. 😉 We will survive baseball season!!

8. Des May 9, 2017 at 3:22 pm #

I’ve made this squares and strips quilt soooo many times. I love that you have ZERO waste with those fat quarters! Thanks for this awesome pattern!

Trackbacks/Pingbacks