Mauve Fat Quarter Friday Quilt

Fat Quarter Friday, an Easy Downloadable Quilt Pattern in 5 sizes

Don’t you love this time of year?!  May is my favorite.  We have a mile long want-to-do list for the house and yard, and now that the days are longer and the weather is nicer things are slowly getting crossed off.

Last night I woke up at 2 am to a squeaking and rustling noise in my bedroom.  After some detective work (while Jay slept soundly of course) I realized the squeaking was coming from a squirrel…inside the wall, right next to my pillow!  Of all the walls in our house the stupid squirrel chose right next to my pillow?!   So this morning removing the squirrel and replacing all of the crawl space/roof screens went straight to the top of the to-do list (yawn).

Back to the quilt…

Fat Quarter Friday Quilt PatternI am so pleased with this quilt!  The pattern for this quilt is Fat Quarter Friday, the squares quilt in the throw size, more details of the top are in this post here

I sent this to Kathy for quilting and she did a beautiful job.  This dense popcorn/petal pattern adds so much dimension to a simple quilt.

Before washing…

Fat Quarter Friday Quilt Pattern

…and after washing!

Fat Quarter Friday Quilt Pattern

It’s so crinkly and soft!  Because a lot of my quilts go to trunk shows or get donated, I rarely pull a new quilt out of the dryer to enjoy.

The backing is a Moda print by Bonnie and Camille, and the binding is from my own line Hello Jane.

Fat Quarter Friday Quilt Pattern

I hope you have a wonderful day and that you don’t have a squirrel living in your bedroom walls.   ;)

Never a dull moment over at our house, that’s for sure!

18 Responses to Mauve Fat Quarter Friday Quilt

1. Yevonne Cearns May 10, 2018 at 8:14 am #

Such a pretty quilt! I feel your pain on the squirrels 😕 We have a family of flying squirrels living in our vaulted ceilings and walls…ugh…been woken up many a night with scratchings, scurryings, and squeakings. With no attic space, due to the vaulted ceilings, it’s really hard to get rid of them. Hope you are more successful with yours!

• Allison May 10, 2018 at 9:25 am #

Oh man luckily we don’t have a whole family, just one sneaky squirrel that got in through an open vent. We’re pretty sure we got the only one out…I think I’d go crazy with multiple nights of it with multiple squirrels! They are hard to get rid of if you can’t get to them!

2. rl2b2017 May 10, 2018 at 8:52 am #

Hi Allison,
    Seriously?!! Of all the walls in your house . . . right next to your pillow. You couldn’t plan for that if you tried. I love the quilt, and I know just what you mean about that wonderful crinkly quilty goodness. I didn’t realize you don’t quilt yourself? Or maybe just this one? Nothing wrong with that – it just surprises me. Happy Mother’s Day! ~smile~ Roseanne

• Allison May 10, 2018 at 9:23 am #

Sometimes I do quilt them myself…sometimes I don’t. Anything bigger than a large throw I usually don’t. I used to have more time to baste and quilt all of my quilts myself, but as my kids get older I just don’t have as much time and space to spend on each quilt as I used to! Happy Mother’s Day to you too!

3. kathy o May 10, 2018 at 10:02 am #

seriously – a squirrel in your bedroom wall? That’s crazy! I LOVE this quilt – I’m pulling a bundle of fabrics that will go perfect for this pattern – thank you for always coming through in your pattern designs. This quilt of yours was such fun to quilt :)

4. Anorina Morris May 10, 2018 at 11:41 am #

We only just saw squirrels for the first time on our holiday to London. None in Australia. Your quiltbis seet and that lovely, just out of the dryer crinkle, is the best!

5. Chookyblue May 10, 2018 at 12:50 pm #

Lovely quilt.. . . Never had a squirrel but we’ve had a few possums …… Dam noisy things. .. Hope you are now squirrel proof……..
    Loving the cooler shorter days here…….

• Allison May 10, 2018 at 6:12 pm #

I just barely saw a possum for the first time last month…I didn’t even know we had them! We have tons of racoons in our yard, but they mostly leave our house alone.

6. Julie Brack May 10, 2018 at 3:39 pm #

Love this quilt and your choice of colors mixing with the turquoise, purples, mint. It just speaks happiness! Great choice with the backing fabric as well. Sorry about the squirrel adventure! That would freak me out and have me sleepless for sure as I can barely handle seeing a spider in my house! Love your blog!

• Allison May 11, 2018 at 12:20 pm #

Haha me to Julie…I think I’d rather a squirrel than a big spider, I can hear the squirrel coming!

7. Char Dunn May 10, 2018 at 6:38 pm #

I love this quilt and the pattern is so much fun. The possibilities are endless. Sooo sorry for the squirrel, but he knew he was in a good place. Been in your shoes with a mouse. Certainly no fun. On a far better note, I am so loving the quilt…..Always fun reading your blog…

• Allison May 11, 2018 at 12:19 pm #

Thank you! Mice are worse…smaller and harder to catch I think!

8. Mary Rysdale May 10, 2018 at 9:50 pm #

I’m thinking you have a typo.

9. Keta May 11, 2018 at 5:03 am #

Awe…such a beautiful, bright and cheerful quilt. This is my kind of happy quilt I would wrap myself up to while watching a good movie late at night. I like the before and after look on the washing, what a change! Have a Happy Mother’s day. And I hope you kill that squirrel!

10. Alycia Quiltygirl May 11, 2018 at 11:17 am #

Super cute quilt – as for the squirrel – not so much … glad you are getting him taken care of

11. Paula Philpot May 20, 2018 at 4:36 pm #